Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you denying that you said that? You certainly did.

Asking for a quote is not a denial. I meant what I said - based on your history, I do not trust that you are quoting me in context.

It's truly YOUR choice to reject the God of the Bible. It's a very bad one though. He offers mercy, but on His terms, not ours.

And it is your choice to worship the god of your own understanding, based on fear of Hell and your painfully concrete understanding of the OT.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Amen Prentis and Team Jesus!!!

And no Ducky... you are wrong about us not knowing the difference between satan and Jesus without a book... that's like saying I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between my Mom and Charles Manson without a book pointing out the differences... haha... I know my Mom personally and it's through that personal relationship that I can tell the difference between her and someone who's trying to imposter as her... it's by knowing my Father personally through Christ alone that I'm able to recognize the imposter.

So those who have a personal relationship with their Shepard Jesus hear His voice and don't follow the voice of a stranger... when you see people who profess Christ being deceived and following the voice of the stranger... it's not because they don't read the bible (Because they do)... it's because they don't hear the voice of Jesus... when we don't hear the voice of Jesus even the bible becomes a tool of deception for us. The same way the Pharisees found the scriptures as the very foundation to crucify the Lord... so you are mistaken...

The truth is people don't know the difference between the Father and satan without making Jesus alone their foundation... and that's my only foundation for knowing my Father... He's the only One I build my faith on... and experience has proven to me that He's the only One worthy to be that foundation.

I really hope Ducky that you can increase in believing that the Lord is living and it's possible to have a living relationship with Him... and not through ink... but by literally know Him... His name is the Word of God... and He Is Risen... He is Alive... and He's not a book...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Asking for a quote is not a denial. I meant what I said - based on your history, I do not trust that you are quoting me in context.

Ok then, you're not denying it.
And it is your choice to worship the god of your own understanding, based on fear of Hell and your painfully concrete understanding of the OT.

If your God is the real one then I have nothing to fear. Can you say the same of my God? I'll keep agreeing with Jesus and the other writers of the Bible.

Luke 17:26-27 (ESV)
26 Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok then, you're not denying it.

If your God is the real one then I have nothing to fear. Can you say the same of my God? I'll keep agreeing with Jesus and the other writers of the Bible.

26 Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

All you need is a relationship with Jesus, Ducky - not all the mind-bending, morally degenerate compromises you hold on to, in order to possess your pet-literalism. Without Jesus, you will never be able to practice your sanctification, which is the only way to redemption.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
All you need is a relationship with Jesus, Ducky - not all the mind-bending, morally degenerate compromises you hold on to, in order to possess your pet-literalism.

Such as? Are you now calling the Bible "morally degenerate"?
Without Jesus, you will never be able to practice your sanctification, which is the only way to redemption.

As you formerly determined YOUR Jesus isn't the Jesus of the Bible who drowned everyone on earth but 8.

You have a different Jesus, unknown to God's people in the NT.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such as? Are you now calling the Bible "morally degenerate"?

Now you are confusing the Bible with your own thoughts. Classic.

As you formerly determined YOUR Jesus isn't the Jesus of the Bible who drowned everyone on earth but 8.

LOL...."My Jesus is better than your Jesus; He drowned everyone on Earth!"

You have a different Jesus, unknown to God's people in the NT.

Agreed. Most people in the NT didn't know my Jesus - that's why they murdered Him.

TeamJesus

May 9, 2011
New Zealand
DuckyBill if this is your God, then i don't wanna know HIM, i don't wanna know a God that would reject me if i was drunk, stoned, or murder someone, whatever, i not saying i'm gonna do that, but if i did, MY God who i KNOW and HEAR HIS VOICE, will forgive me! period, end of CONVO!

Reactions: aspen

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Now you are confusing the Bible with your own thoughts. Classic.

It was YOUR comment. Please explain your statement.

You wrote:
"All you need is a relationship with Jesus, Ducky - not all the mind-bending, morally degenerate compromises you hold on to, in order to possess your pet-literalism."
LOL...."My Jesus is better than your Jesus; He drowned everyone on Earth!"

Agreed. Most people in the NT didn't know my Jesus - that's why they murdered Him.

I said "God's people" in the NT, didn't know your Jesus. They didn't murder Him.

Jesus stated the Flood as fact. He also stated that He burned Sodom, another Biblical statement of fact. I see nothing funny about it.

DuckyBill if this is your God,

If WHAT is my God???
then i don't wanna know HIM, i don't wanna know a God that would reject me if i was drunk, stoned, or murder someone, whatever, i not saying i'm gonna do that, but if i did, MY God who i KNOW and HEAR HIS VOICE, will forgive me! period, end of CONVO!

If you don't believe the NT then how do you know you're not listening to Satan? You don't.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Looks like we need a group hug...C'mon, now...Gather 'round!
group-hug2.gif

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was YOUR comment. Please explain what your statement.

"All you need is a relationship with Jesus, Ducky (the Jesus part of redemption) - not all the mind-bending, morally degenerate compromises you hold on to (the mental gymnastics your mind runs through - example: God is Good + God murdered everyone on Earth except 8 + the Bible is a literal account of God's thoughts and actions = God did it and it was Good), in order to possess your pet-literalism." (Your hermenuetics)

You are so entrenched in your idea that the Bible is literal that you sacrifice God's character in order to maintain it.

Jesus stated the Flood as fact. He also stated that He burned Sodom, another Biblical statement of fact. I see nothing funny about it.

Of course He did Ducky! It is so obvious, right! Right there in black an white! Only a degenerate slacker would fail to see this! Only an enemy of God, sent to confuse His people!

Oh, well I guess it is not obvious after all - Jesus never used the word 'fact' when He was telling the story...in fact, Jesus could have been simply referencing a shared, cultural story to make a point. Sort of like saying "the boy cut school and went fishing, just like Huck Finn"

Looks like we need a group hug...C'mon, now...Gather 'round!
group-hug2.gif

Now you are ruining everything with your gypsy ways! Haha

I had to give you a rep point for this post. :)

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If I may, I wouold just like to draw attention to something...

[sup]1st John 2:27[/sup]But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
[sup]28[/sup]And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

The Lord's anointing in each other is what teaches us. Abideing in him is what let's us have confidence before him (because we know we are his).

[sup]1st John 5:20[/sup]And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Eternal life is to be in Christ. We need to abide in him and be found in him.

The scriptures simply point to Him. HE is life!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
"All you need is a relationship with Jesus, Ducky (the Jesus part of redemption) - not all the mind-bending, morally degenerate compromises you hold on to (the mental gymnastics your mind runs through - example: God is Good + God murdered everyone on Earth except 8 + the Bible is a literal account of God's thoughts and actions = God did it and it was Good), in order to possess your pet-literalism." (Your hermenuetics)

You are so entrenched in your idea that the Bible is literal that you sacrifice God's character in order to maintain it.

And still you give no proof for your nasty comments. As usual. Why don't you try replying with the context. It's really not that difficult. And besides it's the honest thing to do.
Of course He did Ducky! It is so obvious, right! Right there in black an white! Only a degenerate slacker would fail to see this! Only an enemy of God, sent to confuse His people!

It is quite obvious. You have had weeks to give Biblical proof that the Flood was a "myth" as you claimed. You have provide ZERO Biblical proof.
Oh, well I guess it is not obvious after all - Jesus never used the word 'fact' when He was telling the story...in fact, Jesus could have been simply referencing a shared, cultural story to make a point. Sort of like saying "the boy cut school and went fishing, just like Huck Finn"

Jesus and the writers of the Bible made perfectly clear statements about the Flood. Not a hint of it being a "myth" as you falsely charge. I have given many Bible accounts of the Flood. You have only given your unBiblical opinion.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still you give no proof for your nasty comments. As usual. Why don't you try replying with the context. It's really not that difficult. And besides it's the honest thing to do.

Here is the problem Ducky:

1. Anyone who disagrees with you is disagreeing with the Bible / therefore attacking the Bible / therefore attacking you
2. Unlike you, I gave you the information you requested - I provided commentary for my post. Conversely, you ignored both my requests for direct quotes from previous posts - instead, you got to interpret what I said.
3. Instead of simply disagreeing with me - you moralize my words - I not incorrect - I am a liar / evil / blasphemous / hateful / nasty / believe the Bible is worthless.

It is quite obvious. You have had weeks to give Biblical proof that the Flood was a "myth" as you claimed. You have provide ZERO Biblical proof.

Why is it that everything is so morally obvious to you, Duckybill? - 'good' / 'evil'! You refuse to recognize that your judgment is faulty - dualism is a product of the Fall. Most things just 'are' - we think they we have the authority to run around assigning arbitrary moral labels to everything in creation - we do not! God is the only one who can accurately determine moral worth.

Once again:

1. I do not have to provide proof for my opinions
2. You will never accept proof of any idea that you disagree with. Science, history, folklorists, Biblical historians, Cultural anthropology - no expert will satisfy you because you will interpret all evidence provided, as an attack on God's Word.
3. You believe the burden of proof is on me - I believe the burden of proof is on you. Prove it really happened.

Jesus and the writers of the Bible made perfectly clear statements about the Flood. Not a hint of it being a "myth" as you falsely charge. I have given many Bible accounts of the Flood. You have only given your unBiblical opinion.

Evidence? Right - you have none. I accept you apology.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Here is the problem Ducky:

1. Anyone who disagrees with you is disagreeing with the Bible / therefore attacking the Bible / therefore attacking you
2. Unlike you, I gave you the information you requested - I provided commentary for my post. Conversely, you ignored both my requests for direct quotes from previous posts - instead, you got to interpret what I said.
3. Instead of simply disagreeing with me - you moralize my words - I not incorrect - I am a liar / evil / blasphemous / hateful / nasty / believe the Bible is worthless.

I don't see a shred of truth in what you just said. And again, you offer no proof 'quotes' for your claims.
Why is it that everything is so morally obvious to you, Duckybill? - 'good' / 'evil'! You refuse to recognize that your judgment is faulty - dualism is a product of the Fall. Most things just 'are' - we think they we have the authority to run around assigning arbitrary moral labels to every in creation - we do not! God is the only one who can accurately determine moral worth.

Again, no proof 'quotes' given.
Once again:

1. I do not have to provide proof for my opinions
2. You will never accept proof of any idea that you disagree with. Science, history, folklorists, Biblical historians, Cultural anthropology - no expert will satisfy you because you will interpret all evidence provided, as an attack on God's Word.
3. You believe the burden of proof is on me - I believe the burden of proof is on you. Prove it really happened.

Simple reason. Nearly all your proof is unScriptural. So it isn't proof at all. For Christians anyway.
Evidence? Right - you have none. I accept you apology.

Evidence for what Aspen??? You're chasing your tail. What I can't figure is how you came to believe in Jesus/God since it's in the Bible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* around and around we go, around and around we goooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *

I see you haven't had a conversation with Ducky yet.....haha

In the meantime, I am waiting for any proof at all from ducky that the Flood was literal.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
In the meantime, I am waiting for any proof at all from ducky that the Flood was literal.
I've posted it MANY times. You have given ZERO Biblical proof against it. Not very honest of you Aspen.

Hebrews 11:7 (ESV)
7 By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household. By this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've posted it MANY times. You have given ZERO Biblical proof against it. Not very honest of you Aspen.

You mean the verse where Jesus refers to the Flood myth, to make a larger point? How does that prove the Flood actually happened Ducky?

BTW - you just moralized my position. I am not providing you information you want so I must be a liar. You just provided a great example.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anything in the Bible that means what it says Aspen? Anything?

That verse. Jesus used the Flood Myth as an example for a reason.

"Not very honest of you Aspen."

moralizing.....