Why is it also important to remember that our identity is not defined by the amount of spiritual fru

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
Why is it also important to remember that our identity is not defined by the amount of spiritual fruit or the good things we do for God, but rather by the Gospel? How do we see this in Luke 10:17-20?

Luke 10:17-20

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

[sup]17[/sup] The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”
[sup]18[/sup] He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. [sup]19[/sup] I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. [sup]20[/sup] However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi rmoore!
Luke speaks of our authority as Children of God... in contrast to who we are in Christ...[saved]
one is an action motivated by faith...the other is grace received through faith.

Shalom!!!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Wasn't it Paul who said if we are proud of one thing, it is to be our relationship with the father ?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it also important to remember that our identity is not defined by the amount of spiritual fruit or the good things we do for God, but rather by the Gospel? How do we see this in Luke 10:17-20?

Luke 10:17-20

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

[sup]17[/sup] The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”
[sup]18[/sup] He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. [sup]19[/sup] I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. [sup]20[/sup] However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

All true between us and God. But none of that will compute with the unbeliever, for him, he will identify and define us by our fruit.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Why is it also important to remember that our identity is not defined by the amount of spiritual fruit or the good things we do for God, but rather by the Gospel?

We as Christians are to be fruit inspectors. We can know each other by our fruit. In a life where there is no visible fruit, we have to wonder if a person is really saved, and love them enough to disciple them in the ways of the Lord for their eternal benefit.