Why is only satan bound for 1000 years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
t is the message of revelation chapter 20 that matters not the minor details and the message is that the great chain (the power of the gospel) is what binds satan from deceiving the nations. Satan is now confined to this world and the darkness of this world there is no escape for him.
If as you believe, Satan is currently bound and sealed in the abyss then all that precedes this, including the Revelation 19 war of the beast and his army against Christ on the White Horse, and the casting of the beast and the false prophet into the Lake of Fire, has already taken place.

Enough said.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not just martyred by the beast in the end time, but martyred through out human history. I suspect that it's only for the martyred because it seems to say that, and it keeps the Great White Throne Judgment following the 1000 year reign in Revelation 20:12 consistent with Matthew 25:32 where both the righteous and the unrighteous stand before the Lord in Judgment (popular teaching says the righteous are not present at the Great White Throne Judgment). But then that muddies up the timing and nature of the official second coming of Christ. Lot's to think about here. That's why I'm not dogmatic about this subject.
They are not martyrs in the sense of being killed for one's belief system falsely accused by another human belief system. Those in Revelation 20:4 were beheaded instead of recieving the mark. This is the only choice to make to actually remain in the Lamb's book of life. Stephen and all martyrs since would have died and gone to heaven whether they were martyred or died naturally of old age. Being martyrs did not give them salvation. When it comes to receiving the mark, it is a choice to remove one's name from the Lamb's book of life. To avoid the mark, one must be beheaded.

I think the sheep are part of the Millennium and are also resurrected, but they did not die because of natural causes nor for their faith. They were directly chosen by the Lamb to live per Matthew 25:31-33. They are resurrected the same way, but they were already judged at the judgment of Christ. The same with the wheat and the tares. These were not mentioned directly by John, because John does not even address the sheep and goats nor the wheat and tares. Jesus covered that in the Olivet Discourse. The church already left at the 6th Seal, the actual Second Coming event. Christ has to come to harvest the sheep and wheat, and destroy the goats and the tares. John just explains how the rest of humanity deals the the Trumpets and Thunders. Jesus Christ dealt with the harvest itself.

The only other group that continue on with Christ on earth during the Millennium are the 144k that were sealed between the 6th and 7th Seals. They are the firstfruit disciples who help in the harvest and rule with Christ over the harvest during the Millennium.

The church and all OT martyrs and NT martyrs are mentioned in the 5th Seal. They are glorified immediately before those alive and remain are raptured from earth in the 6th Seal at the Second Coming. Paul describes that event. The church will forever be with the Lord God in Paradise. Only after the NHNE will Paradise come down as the New Jerusalem. But a city that is 1200 miles high is practically in heaven at the top. That reality will be totally different than now.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The martyrs killed during the GT are to be priests of Jesus and shall reign with Him for the thousand years. Revelation 20:6b
The rest of the martyrs, those killed from Stephen until today, and all the Christian dead; must await the GWT Judgment. This truth is quite logical, as there are millions of martyrs - they can't all be priests and co-rulers!
Your point that they are not in Paradise is because they cannot all be co-rulers?

The glorified church has filled up Paradise. They do not need to rule each other. They are Adam's family, although Abel was the chief priest. Cain did not like that arrangement.

The reason Paradise is full and we are glorified means we do not live as couples, but are like the angels. There is no more need to biologically reproduce. The sons of God seemed to have been created in a different biological way anyways. They could multiply, but were they male and female in a single body or was Adam a male and something happened to his female partner? The reason why they may have been both male and female each, was because God removed Eve from Adam and made them two individuals. Now some think the story is just symbolic and not literal.

The whole point of the 1000 years in part is having offspring on earth without sin and Satan to mess with the status quo. The ruling part is that those resurrected are the patriarchs and matriarchs of many nations. They do not rule over lost people. They rule over their own families and offspring. Does it really have to be that diverse ethnically, or will there be mixed groups and mixed nations the more they spread across the map till they get to the edges and 4 corners? Then it is just non-distinct nations like Gog and Magog.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in Revelation does it state that the locust creatures released from the pit are fallen Angels.
How many more judgment days are there besides the 3 woes of the last 3 Trumpets. They are released some time, because they end up in heaven again. If the pit is opened they can be released. If they are not the locust army, the pit is still opened and they still get tossed out of heaven one last time. We will only have proof when it happens.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many more judgment days are there besides the 3 woes of the last 3 Trumpets. They are released some time, because they end up in heaven again. If the pit is opened they can be released. If they are not the locust army, the pit is still opened and they still get tossed out of heaven one last time. We will only have proof when it happens.

It says that they ascend from the pit, not that they were kicked out of heaven

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If as you believe, Satan is currently bound and sealed in the abyss then all that precedes this, including the Revelation 19 war of the beast and his army against Christ on the White Horse, and the casting of the beast and the false prophet into the Lake of Fire, has already taken place.

Enough said.

Yes I believe that it has happened as I believe they were demons in control over Rome and apostate Israel

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is a non sequiter.
I had said "It's the details that make the message."

to this post:
"It is the message of revelation chapter 20 that matters not the minor details and the message is that the great chain (the power of the gospel) is what binds satan from deceiving the nations. Satan is now confined to this world and the darkness of this world there is no escape for him."

and to this post...
"I believe that it is because the binding of satan is not a literal binding unlike the banishing out of heaven which was literal."

I had said...
"If you take the 'literalness' out of Scripture you end up with mushy porridge."

I probably should have said, 'How do you objectively determine when a passage is literal or not besides your own biases'?

When other parts of the bible allow you too

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see them as demonic beings influencing Rome and apostate Israel in the first century.
Paul calls him the man of lawlessness. John refers to the spirit of anti-christ already in the world. We can't be in the 1000 year reign because this man has not been revealed yet.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see how it could be Nero. Nero never implemented a mark of the beast system.
Oddly, Nero seemed to fit a pattern that made him appear to be the Antichrist. His name, in numbers, worked out to 666. And he was part of a series of 8 Roman emperors, though he was not the 8th, which appears to be the Antichrist.

There are futurist ways of interpreting this. A common view is that the 7 kings are actually 7 historical kingdoms, beginning with Egypt and ending with the Antichrist Kingdom and with the Antichrist himself, the "8th."

This is the view I take. I don't believe the mark on the head and on the hand has to be literal, but it certainly could be. The 666 number may actually represent a generic Roman king, indicating that the Antichristian Kingdom is a revival of the ancient Roman Empire.

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The text explains why-
He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him,

to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended.

Only he could do that, but the gospel goes worldwide nowMt.28:18-20

Reactions: michaelvpardo