Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you realize what you just wrote there.
i wish everyone on here KNEW Who the Sabbath REST of God is.
If we are willfully sinning we will die in our sins. Hebrews 4 is a difficult passage for most. You are misinterpreting it.
Hebrews ch4 is as CLEAR as TODAY, if you will hear His Voice

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”

• Love
Reactions: Zao is life

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christian denominations make a division in Matthew 24. There is no division in Jesus' answer to the three question in verse 3. Verse 20's praying that our flight not be in the winter nor the Sabbath is connected to all of it my friends by the use of the conjunctive particles, for, and, for. wherefore, for, for and, and respectively. This means that Jesus expected His follows to be keeping the Sabbath until His return. And the adverb "then" in verse 24 shows us that what is about to be said relies on what was previously stated. Verse 26's use of the particle "wherefore" shows us that what is about to be said is connected to verse 24. The context also makes this apparent. Then with the continuous use of the particle "for" in verses 27 and 28 coupled with the particle "and" in verses 30 and 31 we are shown what is about to be said is directly connected to what was said the whole way back to verse 4 actually. So as was said Jesús expected and therefore expects His follows to be keeping the Sabbath up through the destruction of the Temple through the tribulation prior to and up to His Second coming and the gathering of the elect from the four winds, from one end of Heaven unto the other.

Matt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Matt 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Matt 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matt 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Nice try but no commandment in the Gospel to keep saturday sabbath.

The LORD Jesus Christ said this:
Under the New Covenant there is a Sabbath REST of God that if anyone(Jew or Gentile) fails to enter into it,
they will die in your sins.

The Author of Hebrews said the SAME thing in chapter 4.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You feel judged because someone explains how they feel about the Sabbath? Maybe it's you doing the judging?
Good Morning,

Gather & worship the Lord on saturday is GREAT.

Because of the GOSPEL, anyday is also GREAT.

TODAY, i hear His Voice and am SAVED because i Believe on SALVATION.
TODAY, this saturday, i have to go to work now.

Be at Peace and REST because God gave His BEST

Read and pray Hebrews

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i wish everyone on here KNEW Who the Sabbath REST of God is.

Hebrews ch4 is as CLEAR as TODAY, if you will hear His Voice

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
Like was said Hebrews four is a difficult passage for most. If you actually understood it you would say more. Take care what you share. Many teach but not many been taught.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try but no commandment in the Gospel to keep saturday sabbath.
Nice try but you ignore the grammar and syntax which shares that Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up to His second coming.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like was said Hebrews four is a difficult passage for most. If you actually understood it you would say more. Take care what you share. Many teach but not many been taught.
Who have you been taught by? for you find Hebrews 4 difficult to understand.

i SEE the Gospel = plain as TODAY

Let me help you with this = focus on the LARGE PRINT

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed do enter that Rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try but you ignore the grammar and syntax which shares that Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up to His second coming.
There is no grammar that suggests JESUS expects us to keep the saturday sabbath.

The LORD is speaking to the CAPTIVE Jews in Jerusalem who are bound in sin and therefore they will continue in the saturday sabbath right up to His Second Coming.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like when Jesus defended His disciples while they were working on the Sabbath?

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like when Jesus defended His disciples while they were working on the Sabbath?
Jesus said: "My Father works and now I work." = even on the sabbath

John 5:17 - But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

Reactions: Jack

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no grammar that suggests JESUS expects us to keep the saturday sabbath.
Verse 20's praying that our flight not be in the winter nor the Sabbath is connected to all of it my friends by the use of the conjunctive particles, for, and, for. wherefore, for, for and, and respectively. This means that Jesus expected His follows to be keeping the Sabbath until His return. And the adverb "then" in verse 24 shows us that what is about to be said relies on what was previously stated. Verse 26's use of the particle "wherefore" shows us that what is about to be said is connected to verse 24. The context also makes this apparent. Then with the continuous use of the particle "for" in verses 27 and 28 coupled with the particle "and" in verses 30 and 31 we are shown what is about to be said is directly connected to what was said the whole way back to verse 4 actually. So as was said Jesús expected and therefore expects His follows to be keeping the Sabbath up through the destruction of the Temple through the tribulation prior to and up to His Second coming and the gathering of the elect from the four winds, from one end of Heaven unto the other.

The LORD is speaking to the CAPTIVE Jews in Jerusalem who are bound in sin and therefore they will continue in the saturday sabbath right up to His Second Coming.

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”
. He speaks to His disciples and those to whom will be His' at the end. How do we know? He uses the second person pronoun translated your in verse 20.

Matt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you agree with the pharisees? If so, Where does it say someone can't take wheat and roll it in there hands to eat? And what was His final answer? Judge righteously my friend.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 20's praying that our flight not be in the winter nor the Sabbath is connected to all of it my friends by the use of the conjunctive particles, for, and, for. wherefore, for, for and, and respectively. This means that Jesus expected His follows to be keeping the Sabbath until His return. And the adverb "then" in verse 24 shows us that what is about to be said relies on what was previously stated. Verse 26's use of the particle "wherefore" shows us that what is about to be said is connected to verse 24. The context also makes this apparent. Then with the continuous use of the particle "for" in verses 27 and 28 coupled with the particle "and" in verses 30 and 31 we are shown what is about to be said is directly connected to what was said the whole way back to verse 4 actually. So as was said Jesús expected and therefore expects His follows to be keeping the Sabbath up through the destruction of the Temple through the tribulation prior to and up to His Second coming and the gathering of the elect from the four winds, from one end of Heaven unto the other.

. He speaks to His disciples and those to whom will be His' at the end. How do we know? He uses the second person pronoun translated your in verse 20.

You cannot find, (and will not for it does not exist) a single commandment from the LORD Jesus or
from the Apostles that we must keep saturday sabbath.

But we do find the LORD and the Apostles saying this:
Under the New Covenant there is a Sabbath REST of God that if anyone(Jew or Gentile) fails to enter into it,

And this:

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said: "My Father works and now I work." = even on the sabbath

John 5:17 - But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”
Healing was the issue. That is the base of your argument now? God's healing work physically and spiritually is continuous. Menial tasks for secular reasons is not God's work. It is our work and the work we are to rest from.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot find, (and will not for it does not exist) a single commandment from the LORD Jesus or
from the Apostles that we must keep saturday sabbath.

But we do find the LORD and the Apostles saying this:
Yet there in Matt 24 it shows us Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up through the tribulation to His second coming.
And there you go again trying to make Hebrews 4 say something it does not. And sadly you as of yet not any attempt to expound on Hebrews four. That says a lot really.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Healing was the issue. That is the base of your argument now? God's healing work physically and spiritually is continuous. Menial tasks for secular reasons is not God's work. It is our work and the work we are to rest from.
CORRECT = Healing is the ISSUE and that means JESUS worked on the sabbath

You do not understand simple grammar of Hebrews chapter 4

Therefore you do not understand why God said this - Exodus 31:12-17

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13“Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

i have to go to WORK now on this saturday AND i have REST because TODAY i hear His Voice

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet there in Matt 24 it shows us Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up through the tribulation to His second coming.
And there you go again trying to make Hebrews 4 say something it does not. And sadly you as of yet not any attempt to expound on Hebrews four. That says a lot really.
i bust out laughing on your post here friend = hilarious

OK - Back to English grammar = Focus on the LARGE PRINT and the word "Gospel"

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them;
but the word which they heard did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed(the Gospel) do enter that Rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you agree with the pharisees? If so, Where does it say someone can't take wheat and roll it in there hands to eat? And what was His final answer? Judge righteously my friend.
So you've never read the Law of Moses?

Numbers 15:32-36
32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." 36 So, as the LORD commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.