Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IOW, you don't know which "Sabbath" you're talking about.
This one, which one are you talking about? ;)

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made;
and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it:
because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one, which one are you talking about? ;)

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made;
and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it:
because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
No Sabbath COMMANDS?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God never commanded me to do anything on the Sabbath
other than be Holy unto Him. What about you?

be Holy unto Him
Well there's perfectly clear Sabbath COMMANDS in the OT, but not the NT. Don't know any of them?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
One thing is of convicting and convincing power as far as believing and remembering God’s Sabbath Day as holy, is concerned. It is not the power of argument and ingenuousness or of persuading with tenderness or temerity, but it is the “Power of His Resurrection”. “O that I may know Him and the Power of his Resurrection”, and the one thing impossible to be convinced of, is that Christ rose from the dead on another day than God rested on.

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing is of convicting and convincing power as far as believing and remembering God’s Sabbath Day as holy, is concerned. It is not the power of argument and ingenuousness or of persuading with tenderness or temerity, but it is the “Power of His Resurrection”. “O that I may know Him and the Power of his Resurrection”, and the one thing impossible to be convinced of, is that Christ rose from the dead on another day than God rested on.
When it is all said and done,
either you got it, or you don't.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well there's perfectly clear Sabbath COMMANDS in the OT, but not the NT. Don't know any of them?
You're an OT believer? Jesus answered the PHARISEES - those whom He called the HYPOCRITES - "an evil and adulterous generation demand a sign". So what are you? IN this <NT> era of Jesus Christ you boast that you are part of? You demand <any of them ... NT perfectly clear Sabbath COMMANDS...?> YOU HYPOCRITE, think Jesus gives you other signs, but signs He is under obligation to provide your evil and adulterous generation with? You will perish with your generation without a sign and without a covenant and without mercy or forgiveness. Go on, shout at the Giver of every good gift from above to oblige you, you <NT> prideful derelict!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread has degenerated to pointless bickering; I suggest it not be open to further replies.