Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the German Frankish king Charlemagne invaded and conquered parts of Eastern Germany, he compelled the conquered German king, Wittekind, to be baptized and to accept Christianity. Having no choice and seeing his life was at stake, this heathen ruler who knew little or nothing about Christ -- was forced into this "conversion." And with him his entire people. This policy brought complex problems. These pagans, who were usually baptized EN MASSE, were still pagans at heart. Even though they became nominal Christians, they still yearned for many of their heathen practices, which they were expected to discard...

Wittekind's Germans, now professing Christians, and other conquered pagans, had a profound influence on the ecclesiastical affairs of the church in the early 800's A. D. These barbaric and uncultured people brought with them many outright pagan practices and celebrations, Hallowe'en merely being one of many. They were fervent in clinging to their past ceremonies and observed them openly -- yet supposedly converted to Christianity. What was the church to do? Excommunicate them and thus reduce her membership? This she would not do. Was she to force them into discarding their heathen practices and adopt Italian or Roman ones? This, as she had learned in past times, was not possible.

There remained only one other way. Let the recently converted pagans keep certain of their heathen festivals, such as Hallowe'en or All Souls Day -- but label it "Christian." Of course the Germans were asked not to pray to their ancient pagan gods on this day. They must now use this day to commemorate the death of the saints. To make it easy for them, the Roman Church even CHANGED HER DATE of All Saints Day from May 13 to November 1st to satisfy the growing numbers of Germanic adherents. The Church understood the yearnings the Germans and others had for their old ways (Marx, Gerhard O. The Origin of Halloween. Plain Truth Magazine, October 1967).

Since the date was not original, and was even changed, All Saints' Day obviously never was an original apostolic practice.....

All Saints' Day is a souvenir of paganism, and it is sad that more and more Protestants are embracing it. The Bible warns about Mystery Babylon the Great, the mother of abominations (Revelation 17:5) and Protestants who understand their history realize that they consider the Church of Rome as their ancestor....

Did early Christians believe that they should pray to the dead for intercession for the lives, salvation, or their vocations?

No.

Here is some of what The Catholic Encyclopedia reports about this:

The Communion of Saints

(communo sanctorum, a fellowship of, or with, the saints).

The doctrine expressed in the second clause of the ninth article in the received text of the Apostles’ Creed: “I believe . . . the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints”. This, probably the latest, addition to the old Roman Symbol is found in:

the Gallican Liturgy of the seventh century (P.L., LXXII, 349, 597);
in some letters of the Pseudo-Augustine (P.L., XXXIX, 2189, 2191, 2194), now credited to St. Caesarius of Arles (c. 543);
in the “De Spiritu Sancto” (P.L., LXII, 11), ascribed to Faustus of Riez (c. 460);
in the “Explanatio Symboli” (P.L., LII, 871) of Nicetas of Remesiana (c. 400); and
in two documents of uncertain date, the “Fides Hieronymi”, and an Armenian confession. …

The communion of saints is the spiritual solidarity which binds together the faithful on earth, the souls in purgatory, and the saints in heaven in the organic unity of the same mystical body under Christ its head, and in a constant interchange of supernatural offices. The participants in that solidarity are called saints by reason of their destination and of their partaking of the fruits of the Redemption (1 Corinthians 1:2 — Greek Text). The damned are thus excluded from the communion of saints. The living, even if they do not belong to the body of the true Church, share in it according to the measure of their union with Christ and with the soul of the Church. St. Thomas teaches (III:8:4) that the angels, though not redeemed, enter the communion of saints because they come under Christ’s power and receive of His gratia capitis. The solidarity itself implies a variety of inter-relations: within the Church Militant, not only the participation in the same faith, sacraments, and government, but also a mutual exchange of examples, prayers, merits, and satisfactions; between the Church on earth on the one hand, and purgatory and heaven on the other, suffrages, invocation, intercession, veneration. These connotations belong here only in so far as they integrate the transcendent idea of spiritual solidarity between all the children of God. Thus understood, the communion of saints, though formally defined only in its particular bearings (Council of Trent, Sess. XXV, decrees on purgatory; on the invocation, veneration, and relics of saints and of sacred images; on indulgences), is, nevertheless, dogma commonly taught and accepted in the Church. …

But the complete presentation of the dogma comes from the later Fathers. After the statements of Tertullian, speaking of “common hope, fear, joy, sorrow, and suffering” (On Penance 9-10); of St. Cyprian, explicitly setting forth the communion of merits (De lapsis 17); of St. Hilary, giving the Eucharistic Communion as a means and symbol of the communion of saints (in Psalm 64:14), we come to the teaching of Ambrose and St. Augustine. (Sollier, Joseph. “The Communion of Saints.” The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 4. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1908)

So, from the above we see that the late second century writer Tertullian may have hinted about it, but that the earliest clear reference comes from Cyprian (who was a Greco-Roman bishop of Carthage in the mid-3rd century). Augustine promoted it.

Thus, this ‘dogma’ was not an original Christian practice."...https://www.cogwriter.com/all-saints-day-of-the-dead.htm

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please dont deny what the 'the Roman Catholic Church' did, as the historical record does not lie to what happened and I have almost a book of notes, and I dont think you want to see that....

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh My, you cant really mean to deny what the ' Roman Catholic Church' did as they bask in it and there are lots of quotes from the Catholic Church claiming they changed the Sabbath and not by biblical authority and even admit for protestants who claim scripture only, but still keep Sunday instead of the Sabbath is following a commandment of the Catholic Church (not the commandment of God).
I absolutely do mean to deny what the Roman Catholic Church claims to have done. Taking credit for this is a spurious claim, one of many the RCC is fond of making. The RCC thinks everything in church history that happened from Pentecost on is their exclusive domain -- but it ain't true.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It couldn't have been booze. God knew then what we know now: the same medicinal properties in alcoholic wine are found in grape juice with none of the harmful fermentation products.

Nothing fermented is good for us - it poisons the system.
Copied from internet:

Fermented foods can benefit your health in a variety of ways, such as improving digestion and lowering your risk for certain diseases, like type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Crucially, they promote a healthier and more diverse gut microbiome, the collection of microorganisms living in your gut.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you see that you are suggesting things again.....?
Oh, I am more than suggesting. Jesus created all things and there was nothing He didn't create. Now, even though I assume you know full well what scriptures there are too support the above assertion, I'll take your suggestion and post it anyway...
KJV Colossians 1:16
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
KJV Hebrews 1:8-10
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Where is the scripture that tells us that Christians were told to observe a Sabbath? Still missing.....
Exodus 20:8.
Jesus is who he said he was.....”the son of God”.
Absolutely. Which is itself the greatest evidence to His divinity and deity one could reference. Like Father like Son.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Bible speaks about new wine in old wineskins, it is apparent that the wine is fermented. Unfermented grape juice will not burst old wineskins. New wine is put into new wineskins. (Luke 5:37-38)
There was no prohibition on drinking wine, only in drinking too much and becoming drunk. It is in a disinhibited state that many drunks make a complete fool of themselves, but a little wine with a meal actually aids digestion.

Apparently the original Passover meal described by Moses did not mention wine at all. Scholars believe that the wine was added later, (around 2 BCE) but since Jesus did not object to it or reject the wine, but used it to symbolise his blood, red wine suited his purpose. It was not unfermented grape juice for the simple reason that wine is a naturally fermenting liquid with no additives required to make it ferment and become alcoholic. The time of the grape harvest was well before the Passover and so any grape juice would have naturally fermented by that time.

Unlike bread to which a raising agent must be added, wine naturally ferments.
One of the first things Noah did was plant a vineyard. This all lead to Ham's sin and God's curse on Ham's son.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
where is your scripture proving that the Patriarchs observed a Sabbath before Moses?
I need one, why? Surely you aren't arguing from the perspective that because something is missing, it is proof it didn't exist? Really? That's why you don't observe the Sabbath? Because someone else can't prove that someone else did observe it?
Why is it that people who claim to be Christians work so hard, and go to such extreme lengths to avoid obeying one simple commandment? A Commandment that is effectually a gift for mankind and a promised blessing.
"The Sabbath was made for the benefit of mankind, not mankind for the Sabbath". Jesus.
Oh, by the way. You still haven't answered my question. You won't catch plague by being straight up. "When did Jesus bless, sanctify, and make holy the Sabbath"? If its too hard for you, or you don't want to open yourself up to even harder questions you don't want to face up to, I understand. But just day so instead of dancing around it and diverting the topic to something else.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, o am more than suggesting. Jesus created all things and there was nothing He didn't create.
Jesus as his Father’s ‘right hand man’ most definitely participated in creation as the scriptures testify...but in what capacity? Prov 8:22, 23; 27-31 (wisdom personified) tell us that the son (who is called “the wisdom of God” because he was endowed with his Father’s wisdom and power) was referred to as his Father’s “master workman” or “master craftsman”.

“The Lord created me as the firstborn of his ways, before the oldest of his works. I was established in the earliest times,at the beginning, before the earth”. . . . . .“When he set the heavens in place, I was there, when he designated where the ocean and the horizon meet, when he fixed the canopy of the clouds above and limited the fountains of the deep, when he assigned the boundaries of the sea so that the waters would not transgress his command,and when he established the foundations of the earth, then I was beside him as a master craftsman,and I was his delight day after day,exulting in his presence continually, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of men.” (NCB)

Jesus is a creation...his Father’s “firstborn” (Col 1:15, Rev 3:14) so in this passage of scripture the one who was the “master craftsman” attributed creation to “the Lord” (“The Lord” in Hebrew was “יְֽהוָ֗ה” Yahweh.)
Exodus 20:8.
Oh please....how many times do we have to repeat this....Exodus 20 is the law of the 10 Commandments, given exclusively to Israel...the one Christ cancelled when he instituted a new covenant with some not so new laws, the principles of which govern all that a Christian does. There are no “holy days” listed in the Bible for Christians except the memorial of Christ’s death...that’s it.

You are well and truly out of ammo, my friend. No scripture exists that mandates a Sabbath for Christians, and I think you know it because none have been forthcoming......instead all we see are excuses to apply to Christians what God’s word never did.

Wrong tree buddy.....
Absolutely. Which is itself the greatest evidence to His divinity and deity one could reference. Like Father like Son.
Being “God’s son” does not make him God any more than it makes all God’s other “sons” into deities. They can be “divine” but there is only one “deity” whom they all serve along with us earth bound humans.

Jesus said in John 17:3...
This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Read that carefully.....we have to “know” the the one whom Jesus said was “the only true God” as well as himself as “the one whom he sent”.......this is a salvation issue. If we are serving a non-existent god who was created by Satan’s false religious system, then we are in big trouble. It means that we do not know Yahweh or his son at all. Only Yahweh (Jehovah) is “the Most High”....there is no one equal or higher. (Psalm 83:18)

"The Sabbath was made for the benefit of mankind, not mankind for the Sabbath". Jesus.
Oh, by the way. You still haven't answered my question. You won't catch plague by being straight up. "When did Jesus bless, sanctify, and make holy the Sabbath"? If its too hard for you, or you don't want to open yourself up to even harder questions you don't want to face up to, I understand. But just day so instead of dancing around it and diverting the topic to something else.
I have answered this several times.....I am beginning to doubt your ability to comprehend what is said to you....Jesus NEVER did.....Yahweh blessed the 7th day in Genesis because the 7th day was set aside for a reason......and it is still running. It will end when Christ has re-established his Father’s rightful rulership over mankind, after eliminating all enemies of truth. That is the blessing for those redeemed by Christ’s blood....the fulfilment of God’s original purpose for mankind on this earth, so that he can conclude the 7th day in the same way that he did the previous 6.......All will then be declared “very good”......the big picture.

As I see it, you have been thoroughly convinced that what you believe cannot be false......I have shown you many scriptures that prove that what you believe about the Sabbath is not binding on Christians and yet you still persist....but with excuses not scripture.

I don’t have anything more to say to you on this topic......if you can’t see the truth by now, you never will.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where is the scripture that tells us that Christians were told to observe a Sabbath?
You challenge me to produce scriptural evidence for observing the Sabbath, and I have some so repeatedly using exodus 20. What you and others haven't done is to prove that the Ten Commandments were cancelled, and then magically reinstated, an action presumably accomplished by God but without any explanation as to why He would do such a thing, particularly after Jesus Himself said no such thing was going to happen.
On top of that, you have also tried to offer any reliable indisputable evidence in scripture to support your church's rejection of the observance of any day whatsoever. Your antipathy toward Rome guides your repugnance to observe Sunday, by which which Rome replaced the Sabbath, but you've cast out truth along with error. All without any scriptural justification for doing so.
On top of that, you ignore, disregard, or reason away certain scriptural facts regarding the Sabbath and the early church. Acts 13:42-44 is a prime example. But, the determination against truth will always search for and find a hook to hang it's unbelief on.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Being “God’s son” does not make him God any more than it makes all God’s other “sons” into deities.
It makes an infinite difference when the Son we are speaking of is God's only begotten Son. Not created, not adopted, but brought forth of God's own substance, and therefore by inheritance receiving all the fullness of the Godhead. Jesus Himself said, KJV John 5:26
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself
; thus the Son received from the Father the life of the Father... Self existent life. Not a created angel aunty.
Read that carefully.....we have to “know” the the one whom Jesus said was “the only true God” as well as himself as “the one whom he sent”.......this is a salvation issue.
When the Father says He sent His only begotten Son into the world, then I am of a mind that the Father had an only begotten Son to send. He didn't send an angel. He sent one equal to Himself in all things except rank. Only someone equal to the law could redeem others from their transgression against that law. Only someone with self existent life had the authority to lay that life down voluntarily for others. Angels could not do that. Their life is not their own. They belong to God.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Bible speaks about new wine in old wineskins, it is apparent that the wine is fermented.
Since Solomon told Israel to not even look at booze, we can safely conclude that "old wine" refers to "wine starting to ferment" and not necessarily "grandma's rheumatism medicine".

I assure you, with all the woe booze has caused this planet, Jesus didn't come and make the equivalent of 2-3 gallons/person at a wedding feast.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copied from internet:

Fermented foods can benefit your health in a variety of ways, such as improving digestion and lowering your risk for certain diseases, like type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Crucially, they promote a healthier and more diverse gut microbiome, the collection of microorganisms living in your gut.
Sounds like "it's better to put dirty oil in your engine than none at all".

For instance, a plant-based diet doesn't cause high acid loads or acidosis which kills good gut bacteria.

They claim drinking booze moderately is good for circulation...but animal protein consumption results in the destruction of nitric oxide emitting cells which are like "teflon" for the walls of our blood vessels, one of the benefits of a plant based diet.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have answered this several times.....I am beginning to doubt your ability to comprehend what is said to you....Jesus NEVER did.....Yahweh blessed the 7th day in Genesis because the 7th day was set aside for a reason......and it is still running
You are answering only from your sectarian biases. You are not answering from scripture. You are avoiding the question by diverting the subject to the personhood of Jesus The Creator. That is another topic altogether. The question is about when was the day blessed? And clearly you need some assistance. So allow me to put up the quote from Genesis, and everyone reading can go over it together.
KJV Genesis 2:1-3
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
So, all good this far? God, through His Son, stopped creating, (the literal Hebrew meaning of Sabbath--stop), and rested. The answer to my question, when did God/Jesus (notwithstanding your objections to such an idea) bless, honour, set aside, and make holy that 7th day, is in the following text.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Get it? God blessed the Sabbath day after the 7th day was completed. After He had rested. He couldn't do it otherwise. This is all the proof one needs to determine that the 7th day was then and still is a single repeating weekly 24 hour period of time set aside, sanctified by God and made holy, for the benefit of mankind thereafter. And not one Jew in sight anywhere.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds like "it's better to put dirty oil in your engine than none at all".

For instance, a plant-based diet doesn't cause high acid loads or acidosis which kills good gut bacteria.

They claim drinking booze moderately is good for circulation...but animal protein consumption results in the destruction of nitric oxide emitting cells which are like "teflon" for the walls of our blood vessels, one of the benefits of a plant based diet.
The search for reasons not to stop drinking (and eating shellfish and pork etc) and continue to be slaves to appetite is almost as determined and resolute as the search for reasons not to observe the Sabbath. All of course from Christians who profess to love God with all their bodies, hearts, soul, and mind, and claiming no need for the law which tells them how.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You challenge me to produce scriptural evidence for observing the Sabbath, and I have some so repeatedly using exodus 20.
FWIW…..Exodus 20 is Moses being given the 10 Commandments to give to Israel….not to anyone else.
What you and others haven't done is to prove that the Ten Commandments were cancelled, and then magically reinstated, an action presumably accomplished by God but without any explanation as to why He would do such a thing, particularly after Jesus Himself said no such thing was going to happen.
Huh??? What on earth is that supposed to mean?
Who said that the 10 Commandments were cancelled and then magically reinstated? No one I know….though you guys come close. Paul said the law was abolished and you guys say that one law out of the 10 was magically reinstated…..go figure...?
On top of that, you have also tried to offer any reliable indisputable evidence in scripture to support your church's rejection of the observance of any day whatsoever.
If God would reject them, then I will too. The “holy days” celebrated in Christendom are simply rebranded pagan practices that have no place in a Christian’s life. Did you never wonder why every celebration is borrowed from the devil? Christmas….Easter….Halloween….Valentine’s Day…..New Years celebrations…all are of pagan origin. “No sharing of light with darkness”….”no sharing” of believers with the things unbelievers do. God knows where they all come from….he was there and saw the originals. Remember the golden calf?
Your antipathy toward Rome guides your repugnance to observe Sunday, by which which Rome replaced the Sabbath, but you've cast out truth along with error. All without any scriptural justification for doing so.
My antipathy towards any false religion is the same….it dishonors the Father.…and his son.
Christendom owes its beliefs to the RCC, which took over all the pagan festivals and added a thin “Christian” veneer……if you think that is not a violation of 2 Cor 6:14-18, then I don’t know what is.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do you see reference here, to not a Sabbath but to Sabbaths.
Hebrew, English, Dutch, Greek are all the same, Sabbath or Sabbaths the time-entity is the same : one day, the Seventh Day the Lord God's Sabbath DAY. Further, when written, in Hebrew, 'shabbath', it is both Singular and Plural Sabbath AND Sabbaths.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Exodus 20 is Moses being given the 10 Commandments to give to Israel….not to anyone else.
You pretend you cannot read. It is God you try put spectacles on. Go read the Fourth Commandment, all of it. You KNOW it was 'given' to the children of Israel inclusive of the stranger etc. You should rather GIVE=QUOTE without your jackal twists and turns, the Scripture where you found <Exodus 20 is Moses being given the 10 Commandments to give to Israel> ACTUALLY WRITTEN. The Sabbath NEVER was given to Israel as theirs only. NEVER. To say it was is to LIE!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The search for reasons not to stop drinking (and eating shellfish and pork etc) and continue to be slaves to appetite is almost as determined and resolute as the search for reasons not to observe the Sabbath. All of course from Christians who profess to love God with all their bodies, hearts, soul, and mind, and claiming no need for the law which tells them how.
Are you serious? You actually want to impose Jewish dietary Laws on us too?

What dietary laws did Noah have?
Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. Just as I gave you the green vegetation, I give them all to you. 4 Only flesh with its life—its blood—you must not eat.” (Gen 9:3-4)

No prohibitions there….again dietary restrictions only applied to Israel.

And they drank wine, not grape juice….

John 2:1-3, 6-11…..
”Now on the third day a marriage feast took place in Caʹna of Galʹi·lee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the marriage feast.
3 When the wine ran short the mother of Jesus said to him: “They have no wine.”. . . .

6 As it was, there were six stone water jars sitting there as required by the purification rules of the Jews, each able to hold two or three liquid measures. 7 Jesus said to them: “Fill the water jars with water.” And they filled them to the brim. 8 And he said to them: “Draw some out now and take it to the director of the feast.” So they took it. 9 When, now, the director of the feast tasted the water that had been turned into wine but did not know what its source was, although those ministering who had drawn out the water knew, the director of the feast called the bridegroom 10 and said to him: “Every other man puts out the fine wine first, and when people are intoxicated, the inferior. You have reserved the fine wine until now.11 Jesus performed this in Caʹna of Galʹi·lee as [the] beginning of his signs, and he made his glory manifest; and his disciples put their faith in him.”

What was the miracle? Turning water into grape juice? It was called “fine wine”….fermented grape juice.

Do you guys ever actually read the Bible…..or just EGW’s interpretation of it? I am left to wonder….

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrew, English, Dutch, Greek are all the same, Sabbath or Sabbaths the time-entity is the same : one day, the Seventh Day the Lord God's Sabbath DAY. Further, when written, in Hebrew, 'shabbath', it is both Singular and Plural Sabbath AND Sabbaths.
I have provided scripture to show you that there were other Sabbaths that the Jews had to observe…that makes them plural.
You pretend you cannot read. It is God you try put spectacles on. Go read the Fourth Commandment, all of it. You KNOW it was 'given' to the children of Israel inclusive of the stranger etc. You should rather GIVE=QUOTE without your jackal twists and turns, the Scripture where you found <Exodus 20 is Moses being given the 10 Commandments to give to Israel> ACTUALLY WRITTEN. The Sabbath NEVER was given to Israel as theirs only. NEVER. To say it was is to LIE!
When you’ve finished huffing and puffing…… just read all of Exodus ch 20 and see for yourself that no command among the 10 was singled out for special mention. The Sabbath is not more important that the other 9.…it is why there was 10 of them, given first…..before the hundreds of others.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? You actually want to impose Jewish dietary Laws on us too?

What dietary laws did Noah have?
Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. Just as I gave you the green vegetation, I give them all to you. 4 Only flesh with its life—its blood—you must not eat.” (Gen 9:3-4)

No prohibition there….again dietary restrictions only applied to Israel.

And they drank wine, not grape juice….

John 2:1-3, 6-11…..
”Now on the third day a marriage feast took place in Caʹna of Galʹi·lee, and the mother of Jesus was there. 2 Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the marriage feast.
3 When the wine ran short the mother of Jesus said to him: “They have no wine.”. . . .

6 As it was, there were six stone water jars sitting there as required by the purification rules of the Jews, each able to hold two or three liquid measures. 7 Jesus said to them: “Fill the water jars with water.” And they filled them to the brim. 8 And he said to them: “Draw some out now and take it to the director of the feast.” So they took it. 9 When, now, the director of the feast tasted the water that had been turned into wine but did not know what its source was, although those ministering who had drawn out the water knew, the director of the feast called the bridegroom 10 and said to him: “Every other man puts out the fine wine first, and when people are intoxicated, the inferior. You have reserved the fine wine until now.11 Jesus performed this in Caʹna of Galʹi·lee as [the] beginning of his signs, and he made his glory manifest; and his disciples put their faith in him.”

What was the miracle? Turning water into grape juice? It was called “fine wine”….fermented grape juice.

Do you guys ever actually read the Bible…..or just EGW’s interpretation of it? I am left to wonder….
Aunty, when the doctor tells you to cut down on meaty fats and foods with too much salts, is it because of his health or yours, to say nothing of alcohol. God is only trying to help us to keep away from what is not as good as the food He intended which He gave at the Garden of Eden. I am sure Adam and Eve were happy and very healthy and glad they didnt have to kill their little friends and eat them, and I think the animals would agree...