Why Was Cain’s Sacrifice Rejected by God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Himself does all the delivering; He "delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us" (2 Corinthians 1.10)
But not on his cross alone. If that was all that was needed everyone would be saved. Repentance is still necessary. It is still necessary to overcome as Jesus overcame. This is why the Holy Ghost started to be poured out on that day of Pentecost in Acts 2. Yes Jesus will be with us to complete the deliverance in us, but we must walk that road ourselves!

Jesus walked this lonesome valley.
He had to walk it by Himself;
O, nobody else could walk it for Him,
He had to walk it by Himself.

We must walk this lonesome valley,
We have to walk it by ourselves;
O, nobody else can walk it for us,
We have to walk it by ourselves.

You must go and stand your trial,
You have to stand it by yourself,
O, nobody else can stand it for you,
You have to stand it by yourself.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But not on his cross alone. If that was all that was needed everyone would be saved. Repentance is still necessary. It is still necessary to overcome as Jesus overcame. This is why the Holy Ghost started to be poured out on that day of Pentecost in Acts 2. Yes Jesus will be with us to complete the deliverance in us, but we must walk that road ourselves!

Jesus walked this lonesome valley.
He had to walk it by Himself;
O, nobody else could walk it for Him,
He had to walk it by Himself.

We must walk this lonesome valley,
We have to walk it by ourselves;
O, nobody else can walk it for us,
We have to walk it by ourselves.

You must go and stand your trial,
You have to stand it by yourself,
O, nobody else can stand it for you,
You have to stand it by yourself.

I do believe that Scripture indicates it is all of grace, with all the glory to Him

'All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing,
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow,
With the loved ones, you and me'.

Reactions: Helen and charity

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that Scripture indicates it is all of grace, with all the glory to Him

'All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing,
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow,
With the loved ones, you and me'.

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8

The power to overcome all of those things that stand between us and God so that His Word alone comes out of our mouths. The work of becoming and overcomer is not finished until our time is finished. Our work is the work that Jesus began to bring Life more abundantly to those about us and increase in Him and we decrease in ourselves. That is why we are given this time... not to enjoy this temporal life...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said it dozens of times, and people just get mad..but when we all stand before the Lord there will be no 'brownie points' for having perfect doctrine.
God is an examiner of hearts.
There are so many arguments about 'correct doctrine'...yet people don't seem at all bothered in make sure the heart is 'correct' soft, open and ready before Father.

James wrote that not too many should want to be teachers, as the teacher will have a stricter judgment. I figure that anyone coming onto an open forum expounding their beliefs and viewpoints is endeavoring to teach others.

I wonder how many take that passage as full and serious as I think we should take every passage?

What do we think it means to be judged by God more strictly than He judges others? Do I think I don't make mistakes? Of course I do! Everyone does. I've never thought God's stricter judgment will be about honest errors.

Soft, open, ready . . . I like that!

James 3:13-18
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation (life style or conduct) his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Helen

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could it be that it was not offered in faith or because the fruits of the ground had no blood?
Anybody out there who might clarify this? @"ByGrace" @Butterfly @Pearl ...
I think it was rejected because as the LORD God sees everything, He sees the intents of our hearts, and the offering that Cain made was rejected because of the state of his heart. The omniscience of God saw the potential for sin in Cain and warned him. By the scripture in Genesis 4 it sounds like Cain as angry and resentful. God warned Cain , that sin was crouching at the door....Genesis 4: 6-7 " 6 Why are you angry,” said the LORD to Cain, “and why has your countenance fallen? 7If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you refuse to do what is right, sin is crouching at your door;you are its object of desire, but you must master it.”

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was rejected because as the LORD God sees everything, He sees the intents of our hearts, and the offering that Cain made was rejected because of the state of his heart. The omniscience of God saw the potential for sin in Cain and warned him. By the scripture in Genesis 4 it sounds like Cain as angry and resentful. God warned Cain , that sin was crouching at the door....Genesis 4: 6-7 " 6 Why are you angry,” said the LORD to Cain, “and why has your countenance fallen? 7If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you refuse to do what is right, sin is crouching at your door;you are its object of desire, but you must master it.”

I agree T2,
God did clearly warn Cain... as He still warns us all today. Cain allowed his anger and resentment to take hold of his heart rather than Gods warning and wisdom. So it is with all who allow sin to take root in their hearts. It pushes God out and sin takes over. I think those who (profess to be believers) do not have Him in their hearts are miserable people. JMHO :)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree T2,
God did clearly warn Cain... as He still warns us all today. Cain allowed his anger and resentment to take hold of his heart rather than Gods warning and wisdom. So it is with all who allow sin to take root in their hearts. It pushes God out and sin takes over. I think those who (profess to be believers) do not have Him in their hearts are miserable people. JMHO :)
I agree completely, Nancy. :)

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009,

I looked.

If I understand correctly, @Harvest 1874 speaks for us all.

Much love!
mark

No I don't speak for everyone here on this forum, as not all are joined to the body (fully consecrated), some are still in the "courtyard condition", and are still "counting the cost" of what is entailed in following in the Master's footsteps even as they were so admonished to do. I speak only for those of like precious faith who have taken the second step of consecration and who have entered the "holy conditions" represented in the "Holy" and "Most Holy" of the Tabernacle.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, this is too apropos of nothing for me to follow?
You looked, at what? You looked, and?

hey, it's a given that you do not understand correctly, right, so there you go, all done, right. All are deceived

he doesn't speak for me, ok, no offense meant to your Legion though, nor your friend. Maybe he speaks for all those singing When We All Get to Heaven? But wadr we have Chosen Ones come through here about twice a week?

I mean how does that strike you as humble, in the least?

If I am not mistaken, I believe Marks was being sarcastic.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I would say that killing the Christ-in-us relates directly to quenching the Spirit which Apostle Paul warned against.
ya, but I see how that is read, from the pov of someone who considers themselves "saved," right? When imo the same thing also describes what happens when we first found the world? Before we find Religion in it iow, as a child?

We all become Cain iow, then.
I could even cue up images of (still little, but) big brothers abusing the new baby in various ways, not sure how this happens in women/girls though? But that little boy at least would I guess even admit that the baby has to go!

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Who is this "she" you refer to?
um, didn't mean to be denigrating, I have a She too, most recently got frustrated and called HR an idiot, had to apologize, which I guess I didn't do very well either. I meant She in the Scriptural perspective, someone perhaps allowing their emotions to speak for them. Maybe "strong desire?"

I have certainly used "we" and "us" in the same manner though...recently, too I guess. We do that for various, or at least a couple diff reasons, I guess? I don't know your gender though, or didn't before anyway

Being as how that thread prolly will not be picked up here, there are no male or female in the kingdom right

Last edited: