Will Judas Iscariot be Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is Judas saved? Only God can truly look at the conditions of the heart to know if someone believed in Jesus Christ with faith alone and gained permanent salvation. As it is the Holy Spirit, who is God, that is inside a person dwelling that makes a person clean of all sins.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Let’s get more specific, and know that I am referring to Judas Iscariot here

Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.” Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.

However, if we assume that this Judas, of Iscariot, is not saved, then arises another question.

Will Judas Iscariot be saved? Yes, eventually this Judas will believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved permanently. And yes, I am aware that this Judas committed suicide.

Matthew 27:1 5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

And yes I am aware that Judas Iscariot was the one who betrayed Jesus Christ.

Luke 22:47 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48 but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”

And you’re probably wondering how a traitor like Judas can receive salvation? When his act of betrayal became so popular that it has a whole Wikipedia page on it?

Kiss of Judas - Wikipedia

Justus Knecht comments on Judas' kiss writing,

He did not refuse his treacherous kiss: He suffered His sacred Face to be touched by the lips of this vile traitor, and He even called him: “Friend!” “I have always treated you as My friend”, He meant to imply, “why therefore do you come now at the head of My enemies, and betray Me to them by a kiss!” This loving treatment on the part of our Lord was to the ungrateful traitor a last hour of grace. Jesus gave him to understand that He still loved him in spite of his vile crime, and was ready to forgive him.

Despite this treacherous kiss, Jesus was ready to forgive Judas! And Jesus Christ is still ready, waiting with open arms, ready to forgive Judas Iscariot. All people will become righteous friends of the Lord, like how Abraham believed in the Lord and was seen as a friend of righteousness.

Romans 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

When his act of betrayal became so noteworthy that it appears on the dictionary? Literally as something specifically defined as “deceitful and treacherous”.

Judas kiss

Judas kiss

Also found in: Idioms, Wikipedia.

a deceitful and treacherous kiss.

an act appearing to be an act of friendship, which is in fact harmful to the recipient.

The term “Judas Kiss” has even gone beyond the Biblical Christianity and has been used to describe “treacherous natures” in general by the general masses, such as with the fictional (aka fake, false) human made Japanese danmaku 弾幕 だんまく series “Touhou” 東方 Though I do enjoy this series, like the music.

Touhou PC-98 東方 5 Kaikidan ~ Mystic Square怪綺談 とうほうかいきだんMai's マイTheme: Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss. 裏切りの少女Released 1998-12-30 (Comiket 55)

The creator of Touhou, Jun’ya “ZUN” Ōta 太田 順也, and of this music track describes it 東方幻想的音楽 as

This is "Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss" from Mystic Square. … I was thinking of arranging in Biblical style as the title implies(kiss of Judas), but what's Biblical style in the first place? I seem to have gained a bit of its conscious later on (^ ^;.

Mystic Square/Music

So even those outside of Christianity can recognize that Judas is treacherous. Then, how can this person be saved, who committed such a deceitful, treacherous betrayal against our Lord and Saviour, how can he possibly be saved? Well, the same way that all of us are saved…

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

By believing in Jesus Christ with faith alone. His sacrifice, the blood on the cross, is sufficient to wash away all sins. Even if Judas is in Sheol, the realm of the dead, after his suicide, he can still believe in Christ Jesus and have the Holy Spirit enter his body, so he can be made clean to go to Heaven. This will happen, as the Bible tells us that Christ shall be all in all! Yes, even in the most treacherous of traitors!

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

All traitors in the whole world will become believers in Christ and be washed of all their sins! This includes Judas Iscariot! Everyone, ever, that has existed, exists, will exist, thus will guaranteed become believers in Jesus and all of them will have permanent life! Each and every one of those who have committed any act of betrayal will be washed of their sin by the holy blood of Christ and therefore allowed to enter the gates of Heaven into the holy city of New Jerusalem.

Psalm 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Judas Iscariot may have been weeping, battered by grief for a moment. This weeping may have led him to suicide. But eventually, he will be saved. He will have faith in Christ Jesus as the saviour for his sins.

Luke 15:4: "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?"

Judas Iscariot is like that lost sheep. Even if 99% of people on Earth are saved, if Judas Iscariot, if even the most treacherous traitors are not saved, Jesus Christ will not stop saving people until 100% of 100% of people on Earth are saved. All = all. 100% = 100%. We are all sheep to the Lord, and He is our Holy Shepard. We will all have faith in Him, the Lord of Hosts, and be washed from death, and be made clean with permanent life.

Revelation 5:13: "And I [John] heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, `To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!"'

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's still up to Lord Jesus Christ. We don't know if Judas will be saved or not.

But one thing is for sure today, NO flesh born man has been judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire" yet. That time of Judgement does not occur until after Christ's future return, and after His "thousand years" reign of Revelation 20.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cc: @Harold
Not sure if this has come up yet, but the topic question reminded me of this verse.

"That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship,
from which Judas by transgression fell,
that he might go to his own place." - Acts 1:25

For even Judas, was reserved "his own place". A place.
Makes me wonder. WWJD? Our human and sinful revenge urge kicks in and we want "justice."
(in all its most calculated, painful, and viscous delivery - entertainment value?) But...

Also reminds me of this... (once again, "a place")

John 14:2 KJV
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so,
I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Reactions: Harold and bbyrd009

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things don't look good for Judas at all. (John 6:64-71; 13:10;11; 17:12)
I really wonder about this.
I agree that, "Things don't look good for Judas at all."

But wonder about this statement, "that Scripture would be fulfilled." (John 17:12) See below.
On the cross Jesus said, "... Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." - Luke 23:34 NIV
What was the extent of that forgiveness? And what credit might Judas have in the fulfillment of scripture?

John 17:12 NIV
While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[a] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Reactions: Wrangler

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Judas saved? Only God can truly look at the conditions of the heart to know if someone believed in Jesus Christ with faith alone and gained permanent salvation. As it is the Holy Spirit, who is God, that is inside a person dwelling that makes a person clean of all sins.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Let’s get more specific, and know that I am referring to Judas Iscariot here

Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.” Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.

However, if we assume that this Judas, of Iscariot, is not saved, then arises another question.

Will Judas Iscariot be saved? Yes, eventually this Judas will believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved permanently. And yes, I am aware that this Judas committed suicide.

Matthew 27:1 5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

And yes I am aware that Judas Iscariot was the one who betrayed Jesus Christ.

Luke 22:47 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48 but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”

And you’re probably wondering how a traitor like Judas can receive salvation? When his act of betrayal became so popular that it has a whole Wikipedia page on it?

Kiss of Judas - Wikipedia

Justus Knecht comments on Judas' kiss writing,

He did not refuse his treacherous kiss: He suffered His sacred Face to be touched by the lips of this vile traitor, and He even called him: “Friend!” “I have always treated you as My friend”, He meant to imply, “why therefore do you come now at the head of My enemies, and betray Me to them by a kiss!” This loving treatment on the part of our Lord was to the ungrateful traitor a last hour of grace. Jesus gave him to understand that He still loved him in spite of his vile crime, and was ready to forgive him.

Despite this treacherous kiss, Jesus was ready to forgive Judas! And Jesus Christ is still ready, waiting with open arms, ready to forgive Judas Iscariot. All people will become righteous friends of the Lord, like how Abraham believed in the Lord and was seen as a friend of righteousness.

Romans 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

When his act of betrayal became so noteworthy that it appears on the dictionary? Literally as something specifically defined as “deceitful and treacherous”.

Judas kiss

Judas kiss

Also found in: Idioms, Wikipedia.

a deceitful and treacherous kiss.

an act appearing to be an act of friendship, which is in fact harmful to the recipient.

The term “Judas Kiss” has even gone beyond the Biblical Christianity and has been used to describe “treacherous natures” in general by the general masses, such as with the fictional (aka fake, false) human made Japanese danmaku 弾幕 だんまく series “Touhou” 東方 Though I do enjoy this series, like the music.

Touhou PC-98 東方 5 Kaikidan ~ Mystic Square怪綺談 とうほうかいきだんMai's マイTheme: Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss. 裏切りの少女Released 1998-12-30 (Comiket 55)

The creator of Touhou, Jun’ya “ZUN” Ōta 太田 順也, and of this music track describes it 東方幻想的音楽 as

This is "Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss" from Mystic Square. … I was thinking of arranging in Biblical style as the title implies(kiss of Judas), but what's Biblical style in the first place? I seem to have gained a bit of its conscious later on (^ ^;.

Mystic Square/Music

So even those outside of Christianity can recognize that Judas is treacherous. Then, how can this person be saved, who committed such a deceitful, treacherous betrayal against our Lord and Saviour, how can he possibly be saved? Well, the same way that all of us are saved…

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

By believing in Jesus Christ with faith alone. His sacrifice, the blood on the cross, is sufficient to wash away all sins. Even if Judas is in Sheol, the realm of the dead, after his suicide, he can still believe in Christ Jesus and have the Holy Spirit enter his body, so he can be made clean to go to Heaven. This will happen, as the Bible tells us that Christ shall be all in all! Yes, even in the most treacherous of traitors!

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

All traitors in the whole world will become believers in Christ and be washed of all their sins! This includes Judas Iscariot! Everyone, ever, that has existed, exists, will exist, thus will guaranteed become believers in Jesus and all of them will have permanent life! Each and every one of those who have committed any act of betrayal will be washed of their sin by the holy blood of Christ and therefore allowed to enter the gates of Heaven into the holy city of New Jerusalem.

Psalm 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Judas Iscariot may have been weeping, battered by grief for a moment. This weeping may have led him to suicide. But eventually, he will be saved. He will have faith in Christ Jesus as the saviour for his sins.

Luke 15:4: "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?"

Judas Iscariot is like that lost sheep. Even if 99% of people on Earth are saved, if Judas Iscariot, if even the most treacherous traitors are not saved, Jesus Christ will not stop saving people until 100% of 100% of people on Earth are saved. All = all. 100% = 100%. We are all sheep to the Lord, and He is our Holy Shepard. We will all have faith in Him, the Lord of Hosts, and be washed from death, and be made clean with permanent life.

Revelation 5:13: "And I [John] heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, `To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!"'
The bible says that the man that betrayed Jesus that it were better that he were not born. So probably not saved.

Reactions: Johann

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Judas an enemy of God in your view?

Does God require us to love our enemies?

Does God operate at a lower standard than he holds us to?
Where does the beast and false prophet go? To eternal death. Are they any better or worse than the man that betrayed Jesus?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the beast and false prophet go? To eternal death. Are they any better or worse than the man that betrayed Jesus?
I'm a Christian Universalist, so I believe everyone will ultimately be redeemed.
There will be an age of correction and restoration though. Won't go straight to heaven.

Reactions: Wrangler

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a Christian Universalist, so I believe everyone will ultimately be redeemed.
There will be an age of correction and restoration though. Won't go straight to heaven.
Perhaps. The bible does say that people that are not forgiven will pay the farthest penny before getting out of spirit prison. So who am I to say. I only pray that I will not be like Judas so that I won't wish I was never born. Make sense?

What is saved? Forgiven I think.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps. The bible does say that people that are not forgiven will pay the farthest penny before getting out of spirit prison.
I thought that was about those who harbor unforgiveness in this life. But maybe my memory doesn't serve.
So who am I to say. I only pray that I will not be like Judas so that I won't wish I was never born. Make sense?
Sure, that makes sense.
What is saved? Forgiven I think.
Yes. The application of mercy and forgiveness toward us even when we don't deserve it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that was about those who harbor unforgiveness in this life. But maybe my memory doesn't serve.

Sure, that makes sense.

Yes. The application of mercy and forgiveness toward us even when we don't deserve it.
I also have to add, because I know someone else will, the bible says that the beast and false prophet are tormented forever and ever:

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were to argue for Judas getting saved, I'd go about it this way:

Did Jesus forgive Judas for trespassing against Him, as He told us we must do? Or do we accuse Jesus of hypocrisy, for not practicing what He preached? "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:24)

Did Judas repent? "Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, 'I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.' But they said, 'What is that to us? See to it yourself!' And he threw the pieces of silver into the temple sanctuary and left; and he went away and hanged himself." (Matthew 27:3-5)

Was Judas doing God's will? "This Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of Law-less men and put Him to death." (Acts 2:23)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really wonder about this.
I agree that, "Things don't look good for Judas at all."

But wonder about this statement, "that Scripture would be fulfilled." (John 17:12) See below.
On the cross Jesus said, "... Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." - Luke 23:34 NIV
What was the extent of that forgiveness? And what credit might Judas have in the fulfillment of scripture?

John 17:12 NIV
While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[a] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
John 17:12 - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled. John 18:9 - that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, "Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none."

Syllogism

1. All given by the Father to Jesus are kept.
2. Judas was not kept.
3. Judas was not given to Jesus by the Father

Or this way.

1. None of those given to Jesus by the Father will be lost by Jesus.
2. Judas is lost.
3. Judas was not given to Jesus by the Father.

• Love

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:12 - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled. John 18:9 - that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, "Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none."

Syllogism

1. All given by the Father to Jesus are kept.
2. Judas was not kept.
3. Judas was not given to Jesus by the Father

Or this way.

1. None of those given to Jesus by the Father will be lost by Jesus.
2. Judas is lost.
3. Judas was not given to Jesus by the Father.
Did Jesus die for the sins of the world?....sans Judas?

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....sans Judas? :contemplate:
I think it's a font.

Like serif, or sans serif.
See Comic Sans below.
Maybe he meant Judas Sans? Or...

"And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world." - 1 John 4:14 NIV

1677842761212.png

• Haha
Reactions: Harold

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry, the word “sans” simply means ‘without’. I used to have brand of dress pants I liked which were named Sansabelt. They had no belt loops and therefore no need for a belt.

“Sans Judas” simply meant “Did Jesus die for the sins of the whole world… ‘without ‘ Judas? I am of the persuasion that the sins of Judas were paid for by Jesus, along with all the sins of the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the irony of listening to believers—who seek to manipulate God into granting them immortality after death—discussing Judas Iscariot—who could surely have made the case that he only thought Jesus would make a Display of Power when confronted with capture, having witnessed His many miracles—is at least entertaining.

Of course the majority of you have conflated “salvation” with “death more abundantly” and so imagine that Judas might still have a shot, but hopefully you might see that the op question is completely moot in reality