Will The Second Coming be Televised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a feeling the OP, bbyrd, is just laughing his backside off, no matter what we say to this.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the time Christ returns all the judgments in Revelation will have taken place. It is hard for me to believe there will be any TV at all.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
gotta let a -mancer be a -mancer, i guess.
oracles will be oracles
I have a feeling the OP, bbyrd, is just laughing his backside off, no matter what we say to this.
HA!

but really, no, this is a difficult concept, and written in Scripture so as to be hidden from the wise. It is hard to interpret "the whole world is shaken" into "your whole world is shaken," etc. Plus, the literal interpretation still cannot be ruled out imo, God has a way of making both come true, seems like.

i do not know, and have always maintained that truth happens between two posts, no one post is any good for truth
imo

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24 suggests a public event to some ppl, and a "secret" event to others.
Usually the "secret" part is stated to be the timing of an otherwise public, "miracle" event.
What is the truth here?

Ha!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the time it happens, we will all have chips in our brains so we can take our selves "live" to anyplace in the world and see everything first hand, no matter where we are, no matter what we are doing.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I don't even think he has a TV.
I never ever watch TV so I would miss it. ( we just use it for DVD's)

I have a feeling it will be a spiritual revelation not a physical...for EVERYONE on the planet. ( Just listen to the howls of disagreement from the literalists)
Then it wont matter if we live in OZ or where ever country...those awake and those who are sleeping may receive it at the very same time!! :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By the time it happens, we will all have chips in our brains so we can take our selves "live" to anyplace in the world and see everything first hand, no matter where we are, no matter what we are doing.

Hahaha!!
Nice to see you, where have you been?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"ByGrace" said............................

[
[[[[[I never ever watch TV so I would miss it. ( we just use it for DVD's)]]]]]]]]]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The same over here........ and my son skips a lot of stuff , on some.......... there are very few whole some programs movies.....
for us to watch.....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"ByGrace" said............................

[
[[[[[I never ever watch TV so I would miss it. ( we just use it for DVD's)]]]]]]]]]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The same over here........ and my son skips a lot of stuff , on some.......... there are very few whole some programs movies.....
for us to watch.....
hi, Grams! tell 'em!

hmm, but you might like Rick and Morty though... :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
but we've always known this was coming, so we're going to have to stop sniveling and grow up. Our training wheels were invented specifically so that we could learn how to ride our bikes without them.

A house on sand
In the world of wisdom, the accrued value is knowledge. And the more comes into a society, the more goes around, the more gets produced, and the higher the standard of living rises. Plato left us some pretty clever ideas but he was also the father of a kind of fiat-theory: speculative theory that went all over the place and which was no longer obviously connected to any useful skill or knowledge about the observable world.

Plato's ex nihilo theories gobbled up vast amounts of intellectual energy and sorely inflated the economy of learning for 1,500 years (Platonic speculation and Roman totalitarianism largely explains the darkness of the Middle Ages). The Platonic episode began to come to an end when during the European Renaissance, Plato's fiat-philosophy was shelved and Aristotle's scientific method became the norm. It took another few hundred years for humanity to regain..." Faith: persuasion and belief

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
Still, social polarization in its broadest sense is the last bastion of Platonic fiat-theory.
Systems of belief are rooted for as if they are sport clubs; their merits incurred out of sentiment and not earned from results.

People insist that things are "believed" out of a sense of reverence or obedience, or "disbelieved" out of opposite sentiments,
without being critical about whether of not there's actually some real value behind the promise.

Most religions today are cloaked forms of nationalism: from Russian Orthodoxy to Polish Catholicism to American Evangelism,
which in turn encapsulate competing markets (MATTHEW 7:15).

Most scientific disciplines (including physics and cosmology) are oblivious about other fields,
have no idea about any bigger picture, and
are almost wholly driven and funded by commerce.

Fiat-theory can be as detrimental to a society as fiat-currency can be:
with unchecked speculation filling the concrete upon which our world stands with bubbles,
and in time allowing the collapse of the whole of it.

But its dangers have been clearly understood since antiquity. In the ninth century BC a famous duel occurred..." ibid

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
Still, social polarization in its broadest sense is the last bastion of Platonic fiat-theory.
Systems of belief are rooted for as if they are sport clubs; their merits incurred out of sentiment and not earned from results.

People insist that things are "believed" out of a sense of reverence or obedience, or "disbelieved" out of opposite sentiments,
without being critical about whether of not there's actually some real value behind the promise.

Most religions today are cloaked forms of nationalism: from Russian Orthodoxy to Polish Catholicism to American Evangelism,
which in turn encapsulate competing markets (MATTHEW 7:15).

Most scientific disciplines (including physics and cosmology) are oblivious about other fields,
have no idea about any bigger picture, and
are almost wholly driven and funded by commerce.

Fiat-theory can be as detrimental to a society as fiat-currency can be:
with unchecked speculation filling the concrete upon which our world stands with bubbles,
and in time allowing the collapse of the whole of it.

But its dangers have been clearly understood since antiquity. In the ninth century BC a famous duel occurred..." ibid

bbyrd009:
Most people have no intention of ‘seeing’ the value in things to believe in, because their beliefs are not genuine. Natural men want to believe just in themselves. They are more genuine in their desire to socialize and be on the ‘winning’ team.

Religion is based on this socialization group-think process. Yes, it is a person’s benevolent club they want to ‘see’ and be a part of, rather than being ‘left out;’ isolated from knowing secret religious ‘knowledge’ or ‘truths’ about the future.

Natural man(kind) is always fearful of dying, and many want to live forever. Therefore, most people, as part of a religion will flock to hear their senior soothsayer tickle their ears.

False teaching/teachers and false doctrines as major components of a religion, strive to produce maximum self-gratification - elitism, monetary/material gain and power over people.

So, if this is a type of nationalistic activity then who reaps the ‘real’ benefits? Not the civilian government, not the lay-folks, it is the religious institution or ‘church’ hierarchy. They will endeavor to keep their system alive at all costs. Yes, this activity can be considered a competing religion slave market.

So, I guess I’m responding to your post as my mindset and as a prelude to answering the title of your OP question.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
every politics gives rise to a religion, and while flag-waving Christians may not like it, books have been written on the obvious comparisons to it and "godless communism" in practice; there is no functional difference