Will The Second Coming be Televised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Thank You, I truly believe that there are no doctrines mentioned on the whole of Scripture, Except where Our Savior Refutes the Religious leaders in His Day, Saying,! teaching for Commandments, the Doctrines and the Traditions of Men. Doctrines are and will always be, those Fiery hoops that man makes up from bits and pieces of Scripture for believers to jump through. As to stay in context with this thread, I believe that the Brightness of His Glory, when He returns will not be missed by anyone, with or without the Media!
Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That (In other words,the following is sound doctrine....)the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Now sadly, today in the church we see the following....

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I would suggest that your claim that in scripture there is no doctrine is one of those fables.

Reactions: Truth
B

brakelite

I would add...
2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Where was Timothy going to get his doctrine from if not from scripture?

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the way I see things, I don't think we need to worry about whether everyone will see it or not. His coming will be like lightening flashing from the east to the west. I think like He'll very quickly circle the earth before setting down on the Mount of Olives. Matthew 24 says that all the tribes of the earth will see Him coming on the clouds, and He will send His angels to gather all of the elect. It's going to be pretty public. Somehow I doubt if anyone will have the intestinal fortitude to be holding a camera at that time, though.

Fiat-theory can be as detrimental to a society as fiat-currency can be:
with unchecked speculation filling the concrete upon which our world stands with bubbles,
and in time allowing the collapse of the whole of it.
Do you buy bitcoin?

"i am the observer, and don't dwell in what could be, tomorrow"
Fringe_Observer_binoculars.jpg

Reactions: Helen

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool. I have a few questions if you don't mind. How did you obtain it? I'd say the odds are much more likely that you bought or traded, rather than mining.

Also, can you own partial bitcoins? I saw that right now, one bitcoin is worth over $9000. That's a pretty big increment if you can only own whole bitcoins. I just didn't know how that works.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Cool. I have a few questions if you don't mind. How did you obtain it? I'd say the odds are much more likely that you bought or traded, rather than mining.

Also, can you own partial bitcoins? I saw that right now, one bitcoin is worth over $9000. That's a pretty big increment if you can only own whole bitcoins. I just didn't know how that works.
i was paid in it after refusing dollars lol, but they work just like stocks in that regard, you can buy $10 worth if you want

Reactions: forrestcupp

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i was paid in it after refusing dollars lol, but they work just like stocks in that regard, you can buy $10 worth if you want
Haha. I'm sure you must live an interesting life if you refuse dollars. :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Haha. I'm sure you must live an interesting life if you refuse dollars. :D
hmm, painful switchover, but i haven't hardly thought about it for years now.
i have no probs with money btw, even legit fiat.
many new flowers there now, you can like virtually choose the unit of currency for the economy you operate most in. coming soon, anyway. Dopecoin will be for dopers, etc lol

manure is an excellent medium of exchange in my economy; you might choose to go in another direction :)

a pile of manure produces a better return than a CD or many other forms of financial investment,
and actually outperforms the Dow 20 year trend!
strange but true. ask a farmer lol

that's right, a pile of crap in your back yard would be a better investment vehicle than holdings in dollars lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so then i am not participating in the deflation, see, i have no outstanding loans denominated in dollars, and the guy who owes me a ton of manure can pay me now or pay me later, when it's "worth" $20 more to him

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Events described in the book of the Revelation, are very Literal! And I agree, that the whole world will know who's side God is on, when He begins to show His Stuff. Especially when it come's to Israel!

bible says what it says the writers didn't write it to say something else. those who work like the serpent who convinced Eve the commandment of the Lord meant something other than what it said, are a dime a dozen.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would add...
2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Where was Timothy going to get his doctrine from if not from scripture?

What is sound doctrine? But the Word of God, I believe the word Doctrine is used to describe the Principles of Gods Word. Therefore keeping to Gods Word is the only sound Doctrine, and not that of Man!

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is sound doctrine? But the Word of God, I believe the word Doctrine is used to describe the Principles of Gods Word. Therefore keeping to Gods Word is the only sound Doctrine, and not that of Man!
"Doctrine" has become man's interpretation of scripture. And we all know there are a thousand different interpretations of scripture. I hate it when people try to say their spin on things is the only sound doctrine, and if you don't agree with them, you don't agree with God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"Doctrine" has become man's interpretation of scripture. And we all know there are a thousand different interpretations of scripture. I hate it when people try to say their spin on things is the only sound doctrine, and if you don't agree with them, you don't agree with God.
personally i love it, as this is the only way i know of to see someone revealed

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, you said it better! Doctrines are the Interpretations of Scriptures, based on mans theology " what they think" then used to create principles we are to conform to follow, depending on what denomination you are affixed to, every church has a form of doctrinal principles that we must agree to, to belong! Been there done that, But as our Hebrew counterparts say! NEVER AGAIN!