Will The Second Coming be Televised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24 suggests a public event to some ppl, and a "secret" event to others.
Usually the "secret" part is stated to be the timing of an otherwise public, "miracle" event.
What is the truth here?

YES<Yes it will, I believe that CNN has Submitted a request for Exclusive Right's to this Extravaganza, But I caution you to be diligent, and expect some false reports, and some deception from CNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Reactions: bbyrd009

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows. I don't. What about those He comes for today? I've never been interested in these things too much. The Lord will reveal to me what I need to know.

Like David,

Psalm 131:1 KJVS
Lord , my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Psalm 139:5-6 KJVS
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. [6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

There are scores of books written on this subject and others, with the authors all claiming to have the answers. I refuse to read them.

It's possible that all will see by televised broadcast. I'm more interested in reaching others for the Lord. JMO

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24 suggests a public event to some ppl, and a "secret" event to others.
Usually the "secret" part is stated to be the timing of an otherwise public, "miracle" event.
What is the truth here?

Yes I think it will, to a point, it will all depend on who is in fact in control of the Media as to wit, just a thought as I see it, remember all eyes will see the coming of the Lord, we are to lift up our eyes, those that are alive, and behold, imo!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I think it will, to a point, it will all depend on who is in fact in control of the Media as to wit, just a thought as I see it, remember all eyes will see the coming of the Lord, we are to lift up our eyes, those that are alive, and behold, imo!

It all seems a bit literal for me.
I can't honestly say that I have any firm convictions on it.
I see it all more as a spiritual event not so much a physical one.
"Seeing it on TV " in my mind makes it too much of a small event ... God/Jesus is bigger.
But I can talk myself out of that too.
Born in an old shed , with a few shepherds to witness it was not a very big event. And next day was "business as usual" the world did not change!
I think the second coming if it be a physical one...would be a bit bigger!!

All I am sure about, is that I am not sure or convinced.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. [
"i don't know the past nor the future; You are here/now"
[6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
"we can't even imagine what is in store for us"
There are scores of books written on this subject and others, with the authors all claiming to have the answers. I refuse to read them.
ya, the truth is free!
It's possible that all will see by televised broadcast.
well, i saw some of that yesterday on tv myself, so i guess it could happen, ya.
But if you mean like 'all of us, at once,' i guess that goes in a book :)
I'm more interested in reaching others for the Lord.
imo the definition of this is changing for everyone now; if something is happening corporately at all, this is prolly it.
A literal reading of particularly the NT suggests a scenario,
41Those who embraced his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to the believers that day
that we interpret as Peter preaching a message of "faith," when he was demonstrably trying to convince; and succeeding.
And the three thousand becoming 'saved' that day, misinterpreting 'added to believers,' and completely overlooking
21Then everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved
and what then actually means, since the passage gets prophetic right before the "then."

so iow we are led to believe that a crowd was proselytized into accepting ritual religious observance of Christ, so that they could have--or worse yet be guaranteed--Eternal Life after they died, when the 3000 actually would not have shared that perspective at all.

No ritual worship of Christ is evident, as might be expected in such a scenario, and the chapter actually dissolves every contemporary understanding we now have about the Message, either before or after v41

so essentially this passage gets the same treatment we give Paul, when we say that
"Paul said 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord,'"
which is not what Paul said at all

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
note how Christ's Second Coming is reserved to a single future generation, always removed to tomorrow, when we corporately observe no Coming today? The same thing that they were doing 2000 years ago, iow?

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all seems a bit literal for me.
I can't honestly say that I have any firm convictions on it.
I see it all more as a spiritual event not so much a physical one.
"Seeing it on TV " in my mind makes it too much of a small event ... God/Jesus is bigger.
But I can talk myself out of that too.
Born in an old shed , with a few shepherds to witness it was not a very big event. And next day was "business as usual" the world did not change!
I think the second coming if it be a physical one...would be a bit bigger!!

All I am sure about, is that I am not sure or convinced.

This second coming is written about in the book of the Revelation! Right?? Well just look at the First Verses in Chapt 1- The Revelation of Jesus,Which [GOD] gave HIM [ Jesus ] to Show [HIS] servants --- things that must shortly take place, And He [Jesus]sent and signified it by His Messenger [ angel] to His servant John.-2-- who bore witness to the Word of God, and to the Testimony of Jesus, to all things that He Saw. 3--"Blessed is he who reads [Up] and those who hear [ and guard] the Words of this Prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near!!
We know that when this was written the time was far from being near, But it was written for those that are His true Servants, so that they will know what is coming down the pipe, so to speak! If only people would study the Feasts of God, instituted in Leviticus 23, the book of Revelation is patterned after the Fall Feasts, Day of Trumpets, Day of Atonement and the last being the Feast of Booths, also called Tabernacles. As God Tabernacled with Israel, with Moses, after all is said and done, God and Savior will Tabernacle with us Forever. in the end of the book it is said that if any of the nations refuse to come up to the feast of Tabernacles, thy will receive no Rain for the whole year. With that said!! I believe that Our Savior was Born on the First High Sabbath, of the Feast of Tabernacles, so in the Future it is the Kings Birthday. for what its worth?

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This second coming is written about in the book of the Revelation! Right?? Well just look at the First Verses in Chapt 1- The Revelation of Jesus,Which [GOD] gave HIM [ Jesus ] to Show [HIS] servants --- things that must shortly take place, And He [Jesus]sent and signified it by His Messenger [ angel] to His servant John.-2-- who bore witness to the Word of God, and to the Testimony of Jesus, to all things that He Saw. 3--"Blessed is he who reads [Up] and those who hear [ and guard] the Words of this Prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near!!
We know that when this was written the time was far from being near, But it was written for those that are His true Servants, so that they will know what is coming down the pipe, so to speak! If only people would study the Feasts of God, instituted in Leviticus 23, the book of Revelation is patterned after the Fall Feasts, Day of Trumpets, Day of Atonement and the last being the Feast of Booths, also called Tabernacles. As God Tabernacled with Israel, with Moses, after all is said and done, God and Savior will Tabernacle with us Forever. in the end of the book it is said that if any of the nations refuse to come up to the feast of Tabernacles, thy will receive no Rain for the whole year. With that said!! I believe that Our Savior was Born on the First High Sabbath, of the Feast of Tabernacles, so in the Future it is the Kings Birthday. for what its worth?

Thank you..I like that.
Like I have said before 50+ years ago when I was in my 20's I did know and understand everything... :)
But now...I hold what I believe loosely, but comfortably. ( If truth be told I am probably lazier now)
It was such a relief the very first time I said the words- " I am not sure about that." :)
Each of us can only be sure, in that we believe we have got it right and nailed down. Our hearts are right, but I don't always believe that our doctrines are right. Neither do I believe that they matter as much as some people seem to think. ( But I have many times been smacked down for saying that...not that it stops me believing it) Some people will and have died for their doctrine.
But, I believe that when we stand before the Lord he will check out our heart and our love in the Scales, not our doctrine.

Thanks for your post , very good.

Reactions: pia

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Trump believes he is the second coming.....and we all know how much he loves tv

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

its very possible that everyone holding what is today a cell phone will see it as it happens. when the Lord comes He is supposed to blow off mount of olives to the point it makes a serious valley. and will darken the sky so as there be no difference between day and night. that alone will get media's attention. the Lord will make sure everything He points out about the event like blood to the bridle will be mentioned. many souls will die that day.

when the Lord God of Israel does something substantial with Israel He seems to make sure the whole world knows it. what happen in Egypt was big news through out the world considering Egypt then was the center of it. is there anyone in the world that doesn't know who the US of A is or Russia or even China?

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you..I like that.
Like I have said before 50+ years ago when I was in my 20's I did know and understand everything... :)
But now...I hold what I believe loosely, but comfortably. ( If truth be told I am probably lazier now)
It was such a relief the very first time I said the words- " I am not sure about that." :)
Each of us can only be sure, in that we believe we have got it right and nailed down. Our hearts are right, but I don't always believe that our doctrines are right. Neither do I believe that they matter as much as some people seem to think. ( But I have many times been smacked down for saying that...not that it stops me believing it) Some people will and have died for their doctrine.
But, I believe that when we stand before the Lord he will check out our heart and our love in the Scales, not our doctrine.

Thanks for your post , very good.

Thank You, I truly believe that there are no doctrines mentioned on the whole of Scripture, Except where Our Savior Refutes the Religious leaders in His Day, Saying,! teaching for Commandments, the Doctrines and the Traditions of Men. Doctrines are and will always be, those Fiery hoops that man makes up from bits and pieces of Scripture for believers to jump through. As to stay in context with this thread, I believe that the Brightness of His Glory, when He returns will not be missed by anyone, with or without the Media!

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank You, I truly believe that there are no doctrines mentioned on the whole of Scripture, Except where Our Savior Refutes the Religious leaders in His Day, Saying,! teaching for Commandments, the Doctrines and the Traditions of Men. Doctrines are and will always be, those Fiery hoops that man makes up from bits and pieces of Scripture for believers to jump through. As to stay in context with this thread, I believe that the Brightness of His Glory, when He returns will not be missed by anyone, with or without the Media!

Well said...Yes I agree .. :)

Reactions: pia

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its very possible that everyone holding what is today a cell phone will see it as it happens. when the Lord comes He is supposed to blow off mount of olives to the point it makes a serious valley. and will darken the sky so as there be no difference between day and night. that alone will get media's attention. the Lord will make sure everything He points out about the event like blood to the bridle will be mentioned. many souls will die that day.

when the Lord God of Israel does something substantial with Israel He seems to make sure the whole world knows it. what happen in Egypt was big news through out the world considering Egypt then was the center of it. is there anyone in the world that doesn't know who the US of A is or Russia or even China?

I believe that the Events described in the book of the Revelation, are very Literal! And I agree, that the whole world will know who's side God is on, when He begins to show His Stuff. Especially when it come's to Israel!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a cell phone...so guess I will miss it. lol
Ah yes, my wife and I have only one cell phone between us provided by my daughter. Mostly my wife uses it.

But not to worry if what one needs to see the Lord's coming is "eyes to see". Those without the proper anointing will likely see nothing:

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

"Where there is no vision, the people perish... " Prov 29:18

Those who perish are blind and cannot ever see the Lord!

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

Some things in scripture are figurative, yet they represent that which is literal. The second coming is a literal live event. The OT prophets spoke of it. Jesus spoke of and promised it. The apostles spoke of it. Associated with it is the resurrection...the hope of every Christian. The angels told Jesus's disciples that He would return in like manner of His going...physical, flesh and blood real life coming. (Acts 1:11).
I also believe however there will be a Satanic counterfeit coming before the real (perhaps associated with the current fanaticism with aliens), just as we are presently seeing a counterfeit latter rain. (The former rain was at Pentecost 31ad...the latter rain will be a coming manifestation of power that will be no less miraculous; see Joel 2 and James 5:7)

But the second coming of Jesus is not just a spiritual event...the real physical Jesus is returning. It is a day to look forward to, and prepare for.