William Barclay on “The Father and I are one.”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Trinitarianism - the God of Abraham is the Trinity.

Scripture - the God of Abraham is the God of Jesus.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Commenting on John 10:30, J. H. Bernard, D.D. says in A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Gospel According to St. John:

“A unity of fellowship, of will, and of purpose between the Father and the Son is a frequent theme in the Fourth Gospel..., and it is tersely and powerfully expressed here; but to press the words so as to make them indicate identity of ousia [Greek for ‘substance,’ ‘essence’], is to introduce thoughts that were not present to the theologians of the first century."
Jesus of a heteros substance ?
Heteros essence?
J.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture - the God of Abraham is the God of Jesus.
And also the God of Abraham IS Jesus Himself.

JESUS -- AS THE ANGEL OF THE LORD -- SAID THIS TO MOSES
And the Angel of the LORD appeared unto him [Moses] in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed... And God [Jesus] said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. (Exodus 3:2,15)

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And also the God of Abraham IS Jesus Himself.

JESUS -- AS THE ANGEL OF THE LORD -- SAID THIS TO MOSES
And the Angel of the LORD appeared unto him [Moses] in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed... And God [Jesus] said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. (Exodus 3:2,15)

Jesus is the Messiah promised and raised up by the God of Abraham.

The God of Abraham is neither Jesus himself nor the Trinity.

The God of Abraham is the Messiah’s God.