Willie T is in ICU

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never had the chance to know Willie. He replied to my introduction thread, we had a few interesting conversations back and forth enough that he really stood out to me as one of the people I was going to love conversing with and having discussions on and I was so looking forward to them. I never had the chance to engage in a good deep discussion but his replies stood out to me and he's left his mark (in a good way). I won't be forgetting him!

I take comfort in that he knew our Lord and that come what may - we will see each other in a time to come, not too distant from now (especially by eternity standards).

I just prayed that God would take Willie if it was his time, and that Willie would not be in pain between now and then. And that God would use this for His glory one way or another.

R

Rita

Yes Rita.

I just could sleep all last night , praying for Willie and Sue...I had 2 1/2 hours sleep...yawn.

Because I had all that time with Willie on my heart...I remembered his posts from a thread about computers....Do you remember? It was the very end of April. Less than two months ago.

We were all worried about him because he had posted that he hadn't drunk anything since Wednesday so would probably dead by Sunday if the
internet could be believed. Then he said "It is time".

I remember that King David said - " You teach us to number our days."
Now, in looking back, I wonder if God was saying something to him...like -" It's time Bill, set your house in order " He was obviously feeling something about his exit timing.
But , because we are just human , Willie may have interpreted it by thinking that he himself should 'make it happen.' By his post he was obviously 'feeling' something going on. I have posted the link below.

I'm waffling here I know, but maybe you know what I mean?

It would be wonderful if Sue wrote and said ...miracles still happen ....Bill made a 100% recovery! That is sill possible , until the very last breath. ♥︎

Bless you...H
multiple tabs
Hi Helen,
Yes I remember the posts where Willie had said that he wasn’t drinking, I perhaps have read into that something different to you. Willie sounded as if he was tired and had had enough - he hasn’t really been okay since he had that op that left him in a lot of pain- but it’s difficult to tell when you only encounter people through the threads.
Maybe the God of compassion understood how he was feeling, but maybe he needed to allow him time to put things into place for Sue - and also perhaps the way this has unfolded enabled her to prepare to release him.
Xxxx

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:2 "A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;"
Ecclesiastes 3:3 "A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;"
Ecclesiastes 3:4 "A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;"
Ecclesiastes 3:5 "A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;"
Ecclesiastes 3:6 "A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;"
Ecclesiastes 3:7 "A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;"
Ecclesiastes 3:8 "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

in Love of our brother Willie T.

PICJAG.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Continuing to pray even as I remember also dear Willie. He was blunt on some things, similar to my wife, but he was a very generous person. I have several different 'books' he sent to me via the Internet. He often would mention this book or that one then offer to send it to anyone who was interested.

Give God the glory for @Willie T

I was sad to hear of Willie passing. When I first came across him on Christian Chat, I was sharing about loving people from the heart and walking in faith. Strangely he opposed me and felt miracles and spiritual experience in the Lord mattered more, being slain in the spirit and having spiritual encounters. At various points he wondered why Christ had to die on the cross and seemed convinced about penal substitution.
When I came out with the traditional statements of faith, he could not believe I actually believed them.
For a time he supported the hyper grace movement.

I therefore had some serious concerns as to his focus and foundations, which seemed to condemn his 30+ years in a traditional protestant denomination. That was 3 years ago or so, and I had very few interactions with him since then.

I hope and pray he found a place of peace and love in his faith and things had begun to be more settled.
I sometimes wonder the value of our interactions as they are often so small, but then sometimes a few words and standing in faith can change peoples lives.

One believer who was a pastor asked if as a follower of Jesus you should love everyone. This particular believer had accused me of being like Jim Jones of the Jonestown massacre. I was quite hurt by this accusation, and not until the last few weeks did I read up in detail who Jim Jones actually was. He was a disguised marxist who felt he could manipulate religion to bring social justice to the world. He actually did not believe either the bible or Jesus and disowned scripture as the book of the skygod. It reminded me how bitter people get over their past, and project this onto innocents who testify to Gods work in their hearts, and rejoice at His victory. I warned this believer that it was likely he was going to meet the Lord before anyone else on the forum, so he should sort out where he really was. Though he questioned a few things, it appeared nothing shifted in his life, and he stopped posting 2 years ago.

Being at peace, and knowing the Lord brought redemption, salvation and forgiveness is our lifeblood. It is never too late to come to the Lord in repentance and faith, and trust in His grace and forgiveness through the cross. Praise the Lord He is faithful, no matter how far we stray. God bless you

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sad to hear of Willie passing. When I first came across him on Christian Chat, I was sharing about loving people from the heart and walking in faith. Strangely he opposed me and felt miracles and spiritual experience in the Lord mattered more, being slain in the spirit and having spiritual encounters. At various points he wondered why Christ had to die on the cross and seemed convinced about penal substitution.
When I came out with the traditional statements of faith, he could not believe I actually believed them.
For a time he supported the hyper grace movement.

I therefore had some serious concerns as to his focus and foundations, which seemed to condemn his 30+ years in a traditional protestant denomination. That was 3 years ago or so, and I had very few interactions with him since then.

I hope and pray he found a place of peace and love in his faith and things had begun to be more settled.
I sometimes wonder the value of our interactions as they are often so small, but then sometimes a few words and standing in faith can change peoples lives.

One believer who was a pastor asked if as a follower of Jesus you should love everyone. This particular believer had accused me of being like Jim Jones of the Jonestown massacre. I was quite hurt by this accusation, and not until the last few weeks did I read up in detail who Jim Jones actually was. He was a disguised marxist who felt he could manipulate religion to bring social justice to the world. He actually did not believe either the bible or Jesus and disowned scripture as the book of the skygod. It reminded me how bitter people get over their past, and project this onto innocents who testify to Gods work in their hearts, and rejoice at His victory. I warned this believer that it was likely he was going to meet the Lord before anyone else on the forum, so he should sort out where he really was. Though he questioned a few things, it appeared nothing shifted in his life, and he stopped posting 2 years ago.

Being at peace, and knowing the Lord brought redemption, salvation and forgiveness is our lifeblood. It is never too late to come to the Lord in repentance and faith, and trust in His grace and forgiveness through the cross. Praise the Lord He is faithful, no matter how far we stray. God bless you
Our friend @Willie T was a person in the flesh who like all of us had his own conflicts... battles that he, with God's help, had to fight. For Willie the battles are finished. Now we ,who remain, must go forward toward Jesus ourselves to the end of our course.

God is always speaking to people. How well are they hearing or even listening is up to them. It may be through a book, the Bible in particular, or through a person such as you or me. Again if God gave us something to speak and we did at the appropriate time to a particular person, hopefully the hearer heard God in what we spoke and acted accordingly.

Give God the glory!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update.
I just received this from Sue Willie T's wife.
Lets keep praying!!

I have heard people talk about 'graduating' , when someone is passing in. ( Also "Hospice" is connected to palliative care)

I'm so glad he is peaceful and comfortable and loved.
God is having the Glory here, for us Christians it is always a win-win situation. From glory to Glory.

God bless dear Sue and Bill tonight. ♥︎

===============
Hi Helen.

Quick update--Bill's life support was removed yesterday around 6 pm. Tonight he was transferred to Hospice care on the 4th floor of the hospital.
It is very homey, no monitors or hospital equipment. He is on morphine and Ativan and is sleeping peacefully on his side now that ventilator is removed. Nurse said "it won't be long."
I went home this evening and gathered a few things, incl food and snacks because once I go on the floor, I have to stay. I can't leave/come back later. It's a "covid clean" floor so they restrict in/out traffic.

There is a private bath and couch that opens into a bed for me. The staff here are wonderful. Bill is so much more comfortable in the 4 hours we have been here and that gives me great peace of mind. He is in a good place as God prepares him to 'graduate.'

Everything happened so quickly the last couple of days that I haven't had time to write. Would you mind posting my update above to the thread named "Bill is in ICU"?

Thank you for your help. God bless you,
Sue
My heart just sank :( I am so sad to heart of our brothers departure. at same time praising God he is in a better place. Prayers for his family. He will be sorely missed

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My heart just sank :( I am so sad to heart of our brothers departure. at same time praising God he is in a better place. Prayers for his family. He will be sorely missed

Yes, he is in a better place, as well as a number of people I know, who are now in a better place. Yet for those of us left behind, for some reason, it doesn't seem to hurt any less. :-(

Helen, Thank you for the update. :-(