Willie T is in ICU

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, love it!! :)

The wonderful peace that we Christians have , is that we just move from this life to a better one...Life to life..for us it is a win-win.

I can't fathom what it must be like for non-Christians..we are all so blessed.

Yes Helen, I wonder these things too. Although we (Christians) grieve, we know where our saved loved ones are...and possibly many we thought were NOT saved! :eek:

Neither can I fathom how non Christians get through their losses. Should show them they have nothing if they don't put their faith in the only Way, Truth, Life...and solid rock who never fails us...
xo

Reactions: Stan B and amadeus

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

For some time i have been concerned for Willie T's welfare. It seems that Willie is being held back from God's purposes for his life by some on this forum who themselves fear the call of death on their lives.

I was in a pray church group many years ago, where one man prayed each week for God to miraculously heal a man who was in the later stages of dying from cancer. He kept telling God that this man was needed in the life of the church as the chief steward even though his cancer kept him from being able to attend church. His life was extend for around 18 months, and it wore out his wife to the point of despair.

The man offering up his continual request of God to heal the man who was the centre of his prayers for him, was doing so because of his own fear of meeting his Maker, and if he could prolong the life of his friend, then he would have an assurance that he would not also meet his Maker in the near future as well.

Eventually, I challenged him, and told him that God was prolonging his friend's life because of his selfish prayers because of his own fears. I suggested that he should release his friend into God's outcome for the mans life, as well as releasing his own life into God's purposes for it. The man quickly succumbed to his death peacefully and will hope in his heart for his future.

That was why when I prayed for Willie that I asked God to continue drawing him and his family into God's loving embrace and that out of this drawing, miracles will occur in each of their lives in accordance with God's purposes for each and every one of them. That they would all know God's love for each of them.

Now when I think and pray for Willie and his family, I thank God that He has heard my initial prayer for willie and his family and that God is still actively working on drawing Willie and His family into God's loving embrace, so that miracles can occur in each and every one of their lives.

I released Willie and his family into God's purposes for them all without referencing my prayer out of my own personal fears for my life and its outcome.

We all need to release Willie into whatever purposes God has for his life such that it will be a blessing for all those he is presently and physically rubbing shoulders with, through his witness of his faith in God at this time.

Let us all watch on in praise, as God does His thing in this particular circumstance.

Shalom

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People always talk about, and wonder about, what the will of The Lords is. And His will is, that His children have faith, and doubt not. To me, the least of His children, I say, Holy Father, You said, if two agree, as touching anything on earth, You would do it. I say these words not to put You to the test Lord, but to let You know, I believe You. And because I believe You, I know this matter is settled. Thank You Lord!
Six years ago, the first night my wife was in the hospital after having being diagnosed with terminal cancer, a couple prayer warriors in the community dropped by to visit with us. They used to spend a day or two every week at the hospital helping people, but I was shocked when they prayed for my wife. They didn't pray for her to be healed. They prayed that God's will be done.

Probably the most challenging sermon I have ever heard!! All I wanted, was for my wife to be healed; MY will be done!

This dedicated husband and wife team have endured a LOT of devastating family tragedy, and perhaps through all of it they have learned to deal with God in accordance with HIS will.

As Jesus taught us in the Lord's Prayer, "Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.” - Matthew 6:10

And then again in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus prayed that this cup would pass from Him, but nevertheless, Thy will be done.

It has taken me a whole lifetime the learn that nevertheless, Thy will be done.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked but I can't see that Willie's wife has posted this here on this forum.
So I am doing it , just in case she doesn't.
===========================
Quote:-

Hello, this is Willie-T's wife, Sue. He asked me to post this to let you know he won't be on for a while. We would appreciate your prayers on his behalf. I won't be making replies or updates to this post unless there is a significant change. Thank you for your understanding.

Willie-T is currently in ICU. He went by ambulance Saturday night to the hospital after having a sudden onset VIOLENT, VIOLENT headache. His speech became slurred and he was very weak and dizzy. Turns out he has two brain bleeds, one subdural hematoma and one subarachnoid. More scans and tests are ongoing to determine the cause/source of the bleeds. This may require surgery, but may resolve on its own.

The nurse let me talk with him this morning. He is stable and coherent but speech is quite slurred and he still has pain in the back of his head. The hospital has a no visitor policy due to covid-19 precautions so I am not allowed to go see him. I am getting phone updates from ICU. This is "not his first rodeo" since he had a subarachnoid hemorrhage in 2012. My thought is that he will be in the hospital for a while, probably followed by rehab, although this has not yet been discussed by the medical staff.

Family and friends around the U.S are lifting Willie-T up in prayer. It would be a blessing to have your prayers added to theirs. Many thanks from both of us.

=============

oh no! I am so sad to read this..

I feel so much love and respect for Willy!

Praying for you both, Willy and Sue.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a rational present, yes. However, a hospital has the ability to test the wife for Covid 19, so that Willie can have her in his company during this time. There is no reason for Willie to be alone in hospital when his wife tests, God's will be done, negative for C-19.
I pray the hospital staff realize this and for Willie's sake, make adjustments.

Totally agreed. At the very least, they should be allowed in the units! They can gown, glove and mask up just like those who come in their rooms countless times a day to give meds, check lines, draw bloods on and on and on. I say, test 'em, and let them in to be near their loved ones. It would be very simple with just the ICU, CCU and other critical care units. Crazy.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Update.
I just received this from Sue Willie T's wife.
Lets keep praying!!

I have heard people talk about 'graduating' , when someone is passing in. ( Also "Hospice" is connected to palliative care)

I'm so glad he is peaceful and comfortable and loved.
God is having the Glory here, for us Christians it is always a win-win situation. From glory to Glory.

God bless dear Sue and Bill tonight. ♥︎

===============
Hi Helen.

Quick update--Bill's life support was removed yesterday around 6 pm. Tonight he was transferred to Hospice care on the 4th floor of the hospital.
It is very homey, no monitors or hospital equipment. He is on morphine and Ativan and is sleeping peacefully on his side now that ventilator is removed. Nurse said "it won't be long."
I went home this evening and gathered a few things, incl food and snacks because once I go on the floor, I have to stay. I can't leave/come back later. It's a "covid clean" floor so they restrict in/out traffic.

There is a private bath and couch that opens into a bed for me. The staff here are wonderful. Bill is so much more comfortable in the 4 hours we have been here and that gives me great peace of mind. He is in a good place as God prepares him to 'graduate.'

Everything happened so quickly the last couple of days that I haven't had time to write. Would you mind posting my update above to the thread named "Bill is in ICU"?

Thank you for your help. God bless you,
Sue

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So sad :-( Unfortunately I know what they mean "it won't be long." for someone in hospice.

My prayers are with Sue.

Agree, me too...I saw my dad 'graduate' ...he was 90 and the doctor had told us it would be that night.
I know that yours was your dear wife.

I'm sure Sue will find tonight a long night .
But I'm glad that she said it was a lovely comfortable room with no hospital equipment . Bless her heart.

I'm sure our friend Willie T will receive a glorious entrance into the kingdom.
He will be missed greatly. ✟
Our loss is heavens gain.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes Helen, I wonder these things too. Although we (Christians) grieve, we know where our saved loved ones are...and possibly many we thought were NOT saved! :eek:

Neither can I fathom how non Christians get through their losses. Should show them they have nothing if they don't put their faith in the only Way, Truth, Life...and solid rock who never fails us... xo

Nancy, I have engaged in cancer and bereavement forums over the last few years. Two observations:

Remember the old WW adage: "There are no atheists in foxholes!" I observed the same thing when following the cancer forum: "There are no atheists in cancer forums."

But in bereavement forums, the major difference between believers and non-believers is anger!

On June 11th, it has now been 5 years since God took my wife home, and the pain has really not ceased. You just become accustomed to loneliness and isolation, especially these days. But I have never questioned God's decision, and thank Him every day for the 50 wonderful years (Jubliee) He gave us together. And then I thank Him for my resulting children, grandchildren, DILs and their parents. It has really been a Wonderful Life!

R

Rita

You know the other day when many had posted about Willie and how much they wanted him to be okay I had a question in my mind ‘ would you want him to survive without full capacity of life ‘ would he really have wanted that !
We often want people to survive for a whole array of reasons and we often place so much on this life that we forget eternity. I am sad for Sue, and sad that we will no longer speak to Willie here. Letting go is just such a hard path to walk
Much love to everyone xxx
Rita

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is what God has prepared. Glory to God!... 14kli1f.gif but I will be still praying because there is power in prayer and at the end of the day if/when it is time for @Willie T to discard his earthly tent for his Spiritual one.....

I will be praising God for his mercy and thanking him so very much for the privilege of getting to know such a dear, mighty man of God whom I am also honored to call my brother in Jesus. Praying for comfort and peace for Sue and her family at this time. God is still good!2h4f94x.gif

God speed xox ♥♥

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know the other day when many had posted about Willie and how much they wanted him to be okay I had a question in my mind ‘ would you want him to survive without full capacity of life ‘ would he really have wanted that !

Rita, I have often wondered about that. God gave Billy Graham a long life, but in his latter years, he was mostly blind, deaf and couldn't even get up out of his chair.

I am not at all convinced that his long life was a blessing rather than a curse.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We often want people to survive for a whole array of reasons and we often place so much on this life that we forget eternity. I am sad for Sue, and sad that we will no longer speak to Willie here. Letting go is just such a hard path to walk
Much love to everyone xxx
Rita

Yes Rita.

I just could sleep all last night , praying for Willie and Sue...I had 2 1/2 hours sleep...yawn.

Because I had all that time with Willie on my heart...I remembered his posts from a thread about computers....Do you remember? It was the very end of April. Less than two months ago.

We were all worried about him because he had posted that he hadn't drunk anything since Wednesday so would probably dead by Sunday if the
internet could be believed. Then he said "It is time".

I remember that King David said - " You teach us to number our days."
Now, in looking back, I wonder if God was saying something to him...like -" It's time Bill, set your house in order " He was obviously feeling something about his exit timing.
But , because we are just human , Willie may have interpreted it by thinking that he himself should 'make it happen.' By his post he was obviously 'feeling' something going on. I have posted the link below.

I'm waffling here I know, but maybe you know what I mean?

It would be wonderful if Sue wrote and said ...miracles still happen ....Bill made a 100% recovery! That is sill possible , until the very last breath. ♥︎

Bless you...H
multiple tabs

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes Rita.

I just could sleep all last night , praying for Willie and Sue...I had 2 1/2 hours sleep...yawn.

Because I had all that time with Willie on my heart...I remembered his posts from a thread about computers....Do you remember? It was the very end of April. Less than two months ago.

We were all worried about him because he had posted that he hadn't drunk anything since Wednesday so would probably dead by Sunday if the
internet could be believed. Then he said "It is time".

Now, in looking back, I wonder if God was saying something to him...like -" It's time Bill, set your house in order " He was obviously feeling something about his exit timing.
But , because we are just human , Willie may have interpreted it by thinking that he himself should 'make it happen.' By his post he was obviously 'feeling' something going on. I have posted the link below.

I'm waffling here I know, but maybe you know what I mean?

It would be wonderful if Sue wrote and said ...miracles still happen ....Bill made a 100% recovery! That is sill possible , until the very last breath. ♥︎

Bless you...H
multiple tabs

Funny you mentioned this @Helen as I was thinking of the same conversation and have been trying to hunt it down. I had this sense that he knew something was about to happen to him and he was prepared and giving hints us all the way through. I also have not been able to sleep since you posted this later message and still feel that there is hope because whatever the outcome, God is still in control. I am a miracle myself in so many ways and one day I may be able to share that but right now, I'm thinking [at 3.24am on Wed morn] that I will continue to pray for a miracle, peace and God's presence until the end. Whatever that may look like....xox

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Funny you mentioned this @Helen as I was thinking of the same conversation and have been trying to hunt it down. I had this sense that he knew something was about to happen to him and he was prepared and giving hints us all the way through. I also have not been able to sleep since you posted this later message and still feel that there is hope because whatever the outcome, God is still in control. I am a miracle myself in so many ways and one day I may be able to share that but right now, I'm thinking [at 3.24am on Wed morn] that I will continue to pray for a miracle, peace and God's presence until the end. Whatever that may look like....xox

Amen! With you on this 100%

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes Rita.

We were all worried about him because he had posted that he hadn't drunk anything since Wednesday so would probably dead by Sunday if the internet could be believed. Then he said "It is time".

Helen, I am fully convinced that God told my wife "It's time."

She had cancer, which we knew could be terminal, but she was a person of very strong faith, and she seemed at peace with whatever might happen. She was quite comfortable and pain-free. We lived quite a normal lifestyle. Then one morning she came up to me, put her arms around me weeping, shaking and trembling uncontrollably. All of this was so far out of character for her. She said,

"This is unfair . . God is going to take me away without you."

That was her last morning on earth. At 2:30am, she awakened me, pointed to her abdomen and said I hurt! Although she was immediately taken to the hospital by ambulance, something had ruptured, and she was dead within an hour.

I fully believe that God told her "It's time".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Helen, I am fully convinced that God told my wife "It's time."

She had cancer, which we knew could be terminal, but she was a person of very strong faith, and she seemed at peace with whatever might happen. She was quite comfortable and pain-free. We lived quite a normal lifestyle. Then one morning she came up to me, put her arms around me weeping, shaking and trembling uncontrollably. All of this was so far out of character for her. She said,

"This is unfair . . God is going to take me away without you."

That was her last morning on earth. At 2:30am, she awakened me, pointed to her abdomen and said I hurt! Although she was immediately taken to the hospital by ambulance, something had ruptured, and she was dead within an hour.

I fully believe that God told her "It's time".

Thank you so much Stan for your testimony.
You wife sounds like she was an amazing person.
Being left behind is tough, but God has a reason for keeping you here longer. ✟

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continuing to pray even as I remember also dear Willie. He was blunt on some things, similar to my wife, but he was a very generous person. I have several different 'books' he sent to me via the Internet. He often would mention this book or that one then offer to send it to anyone who was interested.

Give God the glory for @Willie T

Reactions: Heart2Soul