Works and Rewards

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jlentz

May 6, 2021
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no works you can do to earn Salvation. The only works required is renewing of the mind. Fruits of the Spirit.
The only reward in heaven is eternal life.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no works you can do to earn Salvation. The only works required is renewing of the mind. Fruits of the Spirit.
We are saved through faith, through grace, yet blessed is the one who has a heart to fear him and loves him through obedience!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:12-17 KJV
12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:10-12

King James Version

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Jlentz

May 6, 2021
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:12-17 KJV
12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Much love!
Most think unless they knock on doors, give to missionary or some other thing they can't go to heaven. Putting trust in works will keep you out of heaven.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most think unless they knock on doors, give to missionary or some other thing they can't go to heaven. Putting trust in works will keep you out of heaven.
I was more posting towards your statement that the only reward in heaven is eternal life, I think the Bible says something different than that, in the passage I posted.

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then how do you harmonize with this scripture?

Matthew 25:35-46

King James Version

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was more posting towards your statement that the only reward in heaven is eternal life, I think the Bible says something different than that, in the passage I posted.

Much love!
And on earth he rewards us, too!

“Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.”

Jlentz

May 6, 2021
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
What greater reward could there be? The gift of the Holy Ghost is eternal life. Christ died that we might have eternal life. What could be more?

Reactions: dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More on earth rewards :

"So that your charity may be in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you in public."

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Jlentz

May 6, 2021
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
That are the works of the fruit of the spirit. But just giving food won't save you. Government does that. There is a difference.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That are the works of the fruit of the spirit. But just giving food won't save you. Government does that. There is a difference.

So I believe in God and have faith and do none of those works then, do I go to heaven?

1 Corinthians 13:2
“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Jlentz

May 6, 2021
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version

Those are products of the fruits of the Spirit.
But it won't save you just for the sake of doing it.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What greater reward could there be? The gift of the Holy Ghost is eternal life. Christ died that we might have eternal life. What could be more?

This is a temporary planet and it will be destroyed. We will not only have eternal life, but we will have a new heaven and earth without the suffering and pain we have here. This is what it is like.

Revelation 21

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Isaiah 11:6-9

“The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The infant will play by the cobra’s den, and the toddler will reach into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all My holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the sea is full of water.”

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing God.

And beyond that, I don't know what all God has in mind, but He's told us some of it.

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a temporary planet and it will be destroyed. We will not only have eternal life, but we will have a new heaven and earth without the suffering and pain we have here. This is what it is like.

Revelation 21

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Isaiah 11:6-9

“The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The infant will play by the cobra’s den, and the toddler will reach into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all My holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the sea is full of water.”

I like this, but I do believe in eternal life instead.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They go together! Remember that Adam and Eve were not going to die until after they ate the apple. This earth is destroyed and plagued with death, but the next one won't be.
Revelation 22

1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22

1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
Yes!!!! So cool!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22

Oh! I think I missed your point. I apologize. Read verse 3 in your post. :) There will be no more curse.