Would the Real Elijah Please Come Forth!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think that the angle that you are taking is not going to produce the outcome you are seeking here. What we need to establish in both our minds and hearts is: "What is the Day of the Lord" and move on from that point...what say you? ;)

BB

Our understanding of this great and Dreadful day differs....

If we cannot agree with re: this one point, I think that we are both wasting our time... :)

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
101G said:
2 Angelina,
yes we both speak English, but I like to be sure and clear as to what we're saying, Ok. so the question stand, Am I correct in your saying that the Father is seated, and the Son is standing?, is this the correct assumption from your post?, a Yes or No will do. thanks in advance.
The son is standing until he takes a seat. He is now seated in the throne of power.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Angelina,
OK, sister (smile), no problem.
"Our understanding of this great and Dreadful day differs....". go ahead, I have made my post concerning that day, lets hear yours.

Love and Peace
101G

2 ChristRoseFromTheDead, GINOLJC

you said, "The son is standing until he takes a seat. He is now seated in the throne of power".

I'm not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this.
Jesus is the High Priest, Right.
Hebrews 8:1 "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 10:12 "But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God"

now if Jesus is seated, who's standing, be careful.

Love and peace
101G

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
101G said:
now if Jesus is seated, who's standing, be careful.
No one is standing. Jesus is seated in the throne of GOD interceding on our behalf.

A Psalm of David. YHWH said unto my Lord [Jesus], Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. Psalms 110:1

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

who is standing?.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
101G said:
Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

who is standing?.
That was before he took the scroll and then sat in the throne of GOD.

If you're trying to advance the idea that Jesus is one of the two witnesses, it's preposterous. The two witnesses stand before the lord of the earth. The father is not the lord of the earth, Jesus is.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
question who did he take the scroll from, before he sat down.?. Revelation 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
101G said:
question who did he take the scroll from, before he sat down.?. Revelation 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
He took it from the father, and sat down in his throne.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
101G, please note what Peter says to those who were gathered on the "Day of Pentecost"

Acts 2
14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Note that he says that all these things shall come to pass re: Joel's prophecy "before the coming of the great and awesome Day of the Lord."

Paul says that his coming will be like a thief in the night...

1 Thessalonians 5
5 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.

This analogy of "The Day of the Lord" being like a thief in the night is echoed by Peter when he says:

12 Peter 3
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found
by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

It is clear based on scripture that the "Day of the Lord" is a future event and has not come yet...

Be Blessed!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 ChristRoseFromTheDead,
do you really believe that the Father need to sit, is he not spirit, question, where do a Spirit sit?. and two is not God at work. listen you had the right scripture, but without understanding. Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool". let me shock you. he who sit is he who stand. lets understand. what do a sitting high priest signify?. he is at rest from his work. what did Jesus say on the cross?, "it is finish". so Jesus the Christ is at rest from his Work, and if we're in him so are we also at rest, for we're seated with him. now as the Psalms say sit until I make thy enemies your footstool. heaven is his throne, and earth is his footstool. so his enemies is on earth. where is the HOLY SPIRIT today, in the earth realm making his enemies his footstool. now back to the question, is not the LAMB the HOLY SPIRIT?, "having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth". God the father never sit. this is symbolic imagery, so your statement the son took the book is in ERROR. I'll let you digest this, and I'll return to explain who took the book, and why.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Note now, what Jesus says about the "Sign of his coming" and the "End of the age"

Matthew 24
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand),
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

note the thief analogy in the scripture above, that Jesus uses here ^_^

Be blessed!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 sister Angelina,
I thought you would see, have you not answered your own question. did not the spirit come afterward, listen Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

the Judgment came before the out pouring. for God cannot dwell in sinful flesh. so he had to get rid of sin. Just read the scriptures before this.

101G

let me help you out sister, read the verse Joel 2:11

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This was the "Day of Pentecost" and what Peter was trying to explain to those who thought that they were drunk....What this verse is suggesting is that these things will happen [as it was at the time] before the coming of the "Great and Awesome Day." So it's saying that after these things prophesied by Joel - the "Day of the Lord" will follow...can you not see that? :unsure: He speaks of a future event...The scriptures I have given you...are a future event.

BB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok sister lets take it slow, who came first the Christ who took away sin, or the out pouring?.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are on another line of thinking. We are not even on the same planet with this. Please read the scriptures I have given you brother. It is clear, based on scripture, that the "Day of the Lord" coincides with his future coming... ^_^

BB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sister, did not Jesus took what we should have gotten. he took our place. he took the wrath of God. Isaiah 53:10 "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand".
Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed".
so the punishment we should have gotten, he took it. what a Saviour we have. he took God's punishment for us.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am not talking about what Christ has done for us on the cross. He has saved us from the penalty of sin and death. He has cleansed us from sin, with his blood and given us the gift of the Holy Spirit as a guarantee of our redemption.

I am talking about the future event. Hebrews 9:28 says that he will come again. You are finding what I say difficult because your personal revelation is clouding what the scriptures are saying. You ignore them because you want to fit everything into what you have established in your own thinking. If you really want to know the truth...stop using your personal theology as a measuring line against the word of God and put it aside for a moment so that we can discuss this... :huh: If you want to, that is...

BB

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see my sister, you're missing the whole point. the coming events or future event was God vengeance on sin. all of the O.T. points to these events. that what was prophesy is all about his coming. which he did, why?, to dsave his people, by bring sin to and end once and for all. and in doing that he can restore his people back to him. our sins separated us from him. so he he came to restore, and did it. Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". that's the whole reason for the two witness. to fulfill his word. for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy, did not the prophets testify?. and did not Jesus fulfill that testimony?. now, when he returns again, he will gather his own to be with him for ever.