Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 4:6 And this was why the gospel was brought to the dead as well, so that, though in their bodies they had undergone the judgement that faces all humanity, in their spirit they might enjoy the life of God.

Why is the gospel brought to the dead? No need in hell, right? In heaven, you won the race.

You might enjoy the life of God? Where are these spirits?

If you give me logical answers and not change the subject, I'll answer the other questions via scripture about confession, Mary etc..
I give you biblical and historical answers. It is your problem if you do not find them logical.

What standard of logic are you referring to? what measures do you accept as logical. Are Scriptures logical? Is history logical? If you say no- then we must end the conversation for we will never find a common ground to even discuss. Never mind find conclusions.

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give you biblical and historical answers. It is your problem if you do not find them logical.

What standard of logic are you referring to? what measures do you accept as logical. Are Scriptures logical? Is history logical? If you say no- then we must end the conversation for we will never find a common ground to even discuss. Never mind find conclusions.
is this your answer to 1 Peter 4:6?

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:4
Col.4:16
1 Thess.5:27
Those letters were not considered scripture at the time. Nice try!

St Paul wrote other letters that are not in the Bible; like 3 corinthians. How did people then decipher what was inspired or not?

So let go to the facts. What Church voted 3 corinthians out as NOT the inspired word of God and when did this take place?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those letters were not considered scripture at the time. Nice try!
KJV 2 Peter 3:16
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Peter considered Paul's letters scripture.

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Peter considered Paul's letters scripture.
He would know being the first Pope :)

The apostles did not leave a defined set of scriptures; instead the canon of both the Old Testament and the New Testament developed over time.

This is what history and facts show. You can pretend and give opinions, but then you are misleading people, which is never good.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He would know being the first Pope :)

The apostles did not leave a defined set of scriptures; instead the canon of both the Old Testament and the New Testament developed over time.

This is what history and facts show. You can pretend and give opinions, but then you are misleading people, which is never good.
And you still haven't answered my questions regarding your theory on purgatory.

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:4
Col.4:16
1 Thess.5:27

"Purgatory"
Please read that portion of scripture again, carefully, and find the answers to the following questions.

1 Peter 3:18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1.By what did Christ preach?
2.Through whom was this preaching done?
3. When was that preaching done?
4. To whom was this preaching done?

If the above passage is too little for you to formulate 3 succinct answers, I would offer the following verses to assist you to find the truth.
1. Luke 2:27; Acts 6:10; Zechariah 4:6
2. 2Peter 2:5,
3. Hebrews 11:7,
4. Psalm 142:7; Romans 7:23; Luke 4:18

I get your point. The point I'm making is that is a prison for spirits.

You didn't comment on 1 Peter 4:6?

Can you explain these two for me as well?

Matt 5:25-26 Come to terms with your opponent in good time while you are still on the way to the court with him, or he may hand you over to the judge and the judge to the officer, and you will be thrown into prison. 26 In all truth I tell you, you will not get out till you have paid the last penny.

1Cor 15:29 Otherwise, what are people up to who have themselves baptised on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, what is the point of being baptised on their behalf?

Paul mentions people being baptized on behalf of the dead, in the context of atoning for their sins (people are baptized on the dead’s behalf so the dead can be raised). These people cannot be in heaven because they are still with sin, but they also cannot be in hell because their sins can no longer be atoned for. They are in purgatory/ Prison!