Would you surrender your own beliefs in the cause of doctrinal unity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a follow-up to the previous topic: Unity of the faith - at what cost? Link below.

Probably the biggest roadblock to Christian doctrinal unity is holding on to the freedom we have to determine our own beliefs.
Would you surrender your own beliefs in the cause of Christian doctrinal unity?

Unity of the faith - at what cost?

Just to be clear, I do not seek Christian doctrinal unity. Defined as EVERYONE surrendering to a predetermined set of beliefs.
I believe that unity comes when we accept each other no matter our differences.
That we seek to understand each other instead of rejecting those whose Christian doctrine may differ.
Which presents its own set of challenges, of course. But that's another topic. (I hope) - LOL
Not a chance with essential doctrines. I would have to deny Christ for the sake of unity. Jesus said if you deny Me before men then My Father in heaven will deny you.

In the essentials unity, in the non essentials liberty and in all things charity.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would gladly change something I believe for doctrinal unity provided I knew it was accurate.
How likely is that to happen? How long have you been a Christian?
Even after two years, most are pretty settled in the beliefs.

/

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems most Christians see this as a terrible problem. I see it as a magnificent opportunity.
What do we look like to the world when we fight amongst ourselves over petty differences?
And this is exactly the point…..is “the world” attracted to ”Christianity” (as it is seen in Christendom’s churches), or repelled by their failures? If the people of the world see that Christendom is a complete mish-mash of division, how will they ever be attracted to the truth? How could they even choose a denomination for starters?

If the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable were sown very early in Christian history, and the “church” system grew out of that apostasy, how can even the basics of what they all teach be truth?
I think we have the total wrong idea about unity.
I don't think it means SAMENESS as much as it it means acceptance of one another.
Within reason, of course.
Again, we have to go back to scripture, rather than make scripture fit what we want to believe……God’s inspired word should dictate just ONE truth to all. (1 Cor 1:10)

For the multitude of denominations in Christendom, there is one core central to all…..but if that core is completely based on error, then all those various denominations did, was confuse that error into their own ideas and then add to them things that they read into God’s word to accommodate it.

Could the devil sow “weeds” that would take the majority down the wrong road? Jesus said he would since “few” will be found on “the road to life”. (Matt 7:13-14)

Not only is the road cramped, but even the gate leading onto that road is narrow…..meaning that if you have baggage that you wish to bring along with you, you won’t even fit through the gate. Then when Jesus comes to separate the “sheep from the goats” there will be protests and weeping because of his complete rejection of those who thought they could believe their way and Jesus would accept it……he will NOT.

Matthew 7:21-23…
”Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’”

Were these ones aware of the fact that their ‘brand’ of Christianity was in error? Did they ever imagine the rejection that would come when he tells them to “get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!”
Look at what they will say to their “Lord” by way of excuses…..
“did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’“ These works that they were so proud of were never acknowledged by the one they claimed to serve. Then comes the sting in the tail….
“And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you!”……..imagine being on the receiving end of that rejection, knowing that your whole life as a “Christian” was based on lies. If Christ “NEVER knew” these ones then whose power was facilitating the ‘prophesying, expelling of demons and the powerful works’?

This is the stark reality, because God will not tell our hearts what to believe….our hearts will tell us what is truth because, if we have the right heart, we will be naturally attracted to it, even if at the beginning it wasn’t what we wanted to believe…..God will then reveal his truth in a more complete way to that one, slowly dismantling the framework of their former beliefs and giving them a new framework to build on.…and as Jesus said…”you will know the truth and the truth will set you free”…..that is freedom from all the lies that Christendom has accepted as their truth.

This is what happened in the first century, and those raised in Judaism were either attracted or repelled by the message that Jesus and his apostles preached. It divided the people and drew right hearted ones out of that flawed and corrupted religious system. The “lost sheep” were not lost to Jesus but lost to a false religious system that his Father rejected.

As the “Fine Shepherd”, Jesus brought his sheep into a new pen, one that contained good nutritious ‘food’ and clean ‘water’. His disciples were singled out as traitors who had apostatized from ‘the true religion’ in which they were raised….families were divided, and those who followed Christ had to make hard some decisions. (Matt 10:34-36)

History repeats because people don’t learn the valuable lessons from the past….

There can only be one truth…..not many versions of it.….so, if the core of what the majority believes is false, then everything they have built on those central doctrines will also be false.

Do you know that those central doctrines are?….the beliefs that nearly all of Christendom holds to be absolute truth?

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know that those central doctrines are?….the beliefs that nearly all of Christendom holds to be absolute truth?
I would say they are outlined in the Creeds. But even there, they are subject to some interpretation.

So, it seems that you feel strongly about the importance of doctrinal unity. Unless I misunderstand you. ???

Would you surrender your own beliefs in the cause of doctrinal unity?​

/

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is exactly the point…..is “the world” attracted to ”Christianity” (as it is seen in Christendom’s churches), or repelled by their failures? If the people of the world see that Christendom is a complete mish-mash of division, how will they ever be attracted to the truth? How could they even choose a denomination for starters?

If the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable were sown very early in Christian history, and the “church” system grew out of that apostasy, how can even the basics of what they all teach be truth?

Again, we have to go back to scripture, rather than make scripture fit what we want to believe……God’s inspired word should dictate just ONE truth to all. (1 Cor 1:10)

For the multitude of denominations in Christendom, there is one core central to all…..but if that core is completely based on error, then all those various denominations did, was confuse that error into their own ideas and then add to them things that they read into God’s word to accommodate it.

Could the devil sow “weeds” that would take the majority down the wrong road? Jesus said he would since “few” will be found on “the road to life”. (Matt 7:13-14)

Not only is the road cramped, but even the gate leading onto that road is narrow…..meaning that if you have baggage that you wish to bring along with you, you won’t even fit through the gate. Then when Jesus comes to separate the “sheep from the goats” there will be protests and weeping because of his complete rejection of those who thought they could believe their way and Jesus would accept it……he will NOT.

Matthew 7:21-23…
”Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’”

Were these ones aware of the fact that their ‘brand’ of Christianity was in error? Did they ever imagine the rejection that would come when he tells them to “get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!”
Look at what they will say to their “Lord” by way of excuses…..
“did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’“ These works that they were so proud of were never acknowledged by the one they claimed to serve. Then comes the sting in the tail….
“And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you!”……..imagine being on the receiving end of that rejection, knowing that your whole life as a “Christian” was based on lies. If Christ “NEVER knew” these ones then whose power was facilitating the ‘prophesying, expelling of demons and the powerful works’?

This is the stark reality, because God will not tell our hearts what to believe….our hearts will tell us what is truth because, if we have the right heart, we will be naturally attracted to it, even if at the beginning it wasn’t what we wanted to believe…..God will then reveal his truth in a more complete way to that one, slowly dismantling the framework of their former beliefs and giving them a new framework to build on.…and as Jesus said…”you will know the truth and the truth will set you free”…..that is freedom from all the lies that Christendom has accepted as their truth.

This is what happened in the first century, and those raised in Judaism were either attracted or repelled by the message that Jesus and his apostles preached. It divided the people and drew right hearted ones out of that flawed and corrupted religious system. The “lost sheep” were not lost to Jesus but lost to a false religious system that his Father rejected.

As the “Fine Shepherd”, Jesus brought his sheep into a new pen, one that contained good nutritious ‘food’ and clean ‘water’. His disciples were singled out as traitors who had apostatized from ‘the true religion’ in which they were raised….families were divided, and those who followed Christ had to make hard some decisions. (Matt 10:34-36)

History repeats because people don’t learn the valuable lessons from the past….

There can only be one truth…..not many versions of it.….so, if the core of what the majority believes is false, then everything they have built on those central doctrines will also be false.

While I believe the Trinity is absolutely true and biblical, one can be saved without knowing it or understanding it. I can make an argument for or against is being necessary from scripture. The creeds make it essential whereas that is not the case with Scripture.

Since the gospel is the message of Christ through His life, death, (atonement ) resurrection and appearances then this is what Paul says faith in saves one from their sins. 1 Corinthians 15:3-8. We are saved by faith in Christ, the gospel.

Then another thing to consider is who is Christ ? Can a belief is a false christ save anyone ? Can a false gospel ? This is where the rubber meets the road in Scripture and what is essential and what is not come into play in the N.T.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would say they are outlined in the Creeds. But even there, they are subject to some interpretation.

So, it seems that you feel strongly about the importance of doctrinal unity. Unless I misunderstand you. ???
As strongly as Jesus and the apostles did.....
1 Cor 1:10…
“Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”

Do you see room for disagreements about anything there?

Would you surrender your own beliefs in the cause of doctrinal unity?​

Not a chance. I have spent almost my entire life in study of God’s word, having left Christendom in search of the God I knew existed, but did not know personally…..I do now.
John 17:3…in prayer to his Father Jesus said….
”This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.”
Our everlasting life depends on “knowing” the one Jesus called “the only true God“ as well as knowing “the one he sent”…..and he did not send himself.….nor did he pray to himself.

Why is knowing the holy spirit not necessary for everlasting life? Can someone explain that to me?

This is still the best advice I have seen on this topic. Thanks again.

/ @Aunty Jane
“In the essentials unity, in the non essentials liberty and in all things charity.”
Compromise is not in my vocabulary…
All beliefs about God and his Christ are “essential” because any deviation leads to false assumptions about a lot of things.
The core beliefs of Christendom are without solid foundations….therefore all that is built on those flimsy foundations will crumble as surely as the house “built on sand”.

“Liberty in non essentials”…what rubbish! No one is at liberty to believe whatever they wish…and what is a “non essential” anyway? Did Christ ever teach non essential things?

”In all things charity”? What is charity? Is it the same as “shaking the dust off your feet”? (Matt 10:11-14)
That is allowing those who cling to false teachings to do so if that is their choice. But first we have to preach the gospel to them and have them reject it, because then they are without excuse. (2 Thess 1:6-10)

So what is “the gospel”? Can you tell me?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While I believe the Trinity is absolutely true and biblical, one can be saved without knowing it or understanding it. I can make an argument for or against is being necessary from scripture. The creeds make it essential whereas that is not the case with Scripture.
Having studied the Bible carefully for decades now, I can honestly say that I have not found a single shred of evidence for this widely held belief…(the very foundation upon which Christendom is built) to be true in any way.
I see many interpretations of scripture that argues with other scripture on this subject, but in researching “church” history I found that it did not originate with Christ, who was Jewish by birth and Jewish in belief….he made no mention of it. There is not a single direct declaration by either Christ or his Father, that they are two parts of the same being.…or that there is any third person who requires our worship.

In his temptation of Jesus, the devil wanted “one act of worship”, from Jesus in exchange for “all the kingdoms of the world”….and yet Jesus responded in his Jewish understanding of the Jewish scripture he quoted, that it was to ”God alone” that worship was to be given. (Luke 4:5-8; Deut 10:20; Deut 6:4) He was not talking about himself.
Even in heaven, Jehovah is still the God of Jesus. (Rev 3:12) How can God have a God in heaven?
Since the gospel is the message of Christ through His life, death, (atonement ) resurrection and appearances then this is what Paul says faith in saves one from their sins. 1 Corinthians 15:3-8. We are saved by faith in Christ, the gospel.
The word “gospel” means “good news”….so what is the “good news” that Christ taught his disciples?
When Jesus said that “this good news (gospel) of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matt 24:14)
What is “the good news of the kingdom”?
In the Lord’s Prayer, what does it mean for the kingdom to “come” and for God’s will to be “done on earth as it is in heaven”?
What was Jesus teaching us to pray for? It wasn’t for us to go to the kingdom…but for the kingdom to “come” to us….what does that mean? And what “end” did Jesus speak of?
Then another thing to consider is who is Christ ? Can a belief is a false christ save anyone ? Can a false gospel ? This is where the rubber meets the road in Scripture and what is essential and what is not come into play in the N.T.
Indeed because there is a lotta rubber on the road that leads to destruction and “many“ are traveling it, unbeknownst to themselves….whereas “few” are going to be found on the “road to life”. (Matt 7:13-14, 21-23)
Why are the majority on the wrong road?…and why are “few” even finding the ”narrow gate” leading onto the right road?

These are questions we must all answer for ourselves. It requires serious study of the scriptures, which is our only source of correct information….but even correct information can be corrupted by bad translation, and misinterpretation, coupled with influence from the one who sowed the “weeds“ of counterfeit “Christianity” in the first place.

There are powerful forces at work in this world ruled by the “wicked one”. (1 John 5:19)
What happened in the first century is happening again, right under everyone’s noses….hard decisions have to be made as to where we stand in this spiritually divided world…and our choices are ours to make….God will not correct us if we choose the wrong road…..that is our choice as free willed beings.

We can only pray that God helps us all to choose wisely….to do his will, not our own…it requires an open heart, not just an open mind.

• Love
Reactions: Runningman

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Aunty Jane

I have a question. No arguments here. I'm just curious. How do you understand this passage?

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Is this not saying that the lamb IS the glory of God?
And when we go into the OT, it is the glory of God which is upon Mt Sinai.. would you say that this also is the lamb?

Exo 24:16
And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

Thank you
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: marks

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“In the essentials unity, in the non essentials liberty and in all things charity.”
Compromise is not in my vocabulary…
All beliefs about God and his Christ are “essential” because any deviation leads to false assumptions about a lot of things.
The core beliefs of Christendom are without solid foundations….therefore all that is built on those flimsy foundations will crumble as surely as the house “built on sand”.

“Liberty in non essentials”…what rubbish! No one is at liberty to believe whatever they wish…and what is a “non essential” anyway? Did Christ ever teach non essential things?

”In all things charity”? What is charity? Is it the same as “shaking the dust off your feet”? (Matt 10:11-14)
That is allowing those who cling to false teachings to do so if that is their choice. But first we have to preach the gospel to them and have them reject it, because then they are without excuse. (2 Thess 1:6-10)

So what is “the gospel”? Can you tell me?
1702074322378.jpeg

/ @ChristisGod

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Aunty Jane

I have a question. No arguments here. I'm just curious. How do you understand this passage?

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Is this not saying that the lamb IS the glory of God?
And when we go into the OT, it is the glory of God which is upon Mt Sinai.. would you say that this also is the lamb?

Exo 24:16
And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

Thank you
Hugs
Hi Ziggy, thanks for the question…
John 8:12…
”Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying: “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.”

How was Jesus ”the light of the world”? And what did it mean that if we follow him we will not walk in darkness….this is obviously speaking spiritually.

In Luke 2:25-32 a devout old man was directed by God’s spirit to the new born Christ when his parents brought him to the Temple….

28 he took the child into his arms and praised God and said: 29 “Now, Sovereign Lord, you are letting your slave go in peace according to your declaration, 30 because my eyes have seen your means of salvation 31 that you have prepared in the sight of all the peoples, 32 a light for removing the veil from the nations and a glory of your people Israel.”

What was this light that came into the world going to do? He was going to be the light needed for ‘removing the veil from the nations and a glory to God’s people’. This light was going to penetrate much further than just Israel…..and today we see how far it traveled.

Light was often mentioned in connection with Jesus….and upon his return to heaven (from where he was sent) the glory of his spiritual body was restored to him, about which he had prayed to his Father. (John 17:5, 24) Can we imagine a glorious spirit creature being sent to earth as a human to die an awful death to pay for something he did not do. What love this demonstrates…!

The heavenly city “New Jerusalem” does not need the illumination of material creation to provide the light it requires because it is a different kind of light….it is seen in the glory of its heavenly king and his Father. As the one assigned to be the primary ruler of God’s kingdom, the resurrected Jesus is not the glory of God, but shares glory in his own person. I don’t think we humans can even imagine what glorious creatures dwell in the spirit realm. We have seen glimpses only through small portal provided to God‘s ancient prophets like Ezekiel. He spoke of satan who was, in his character, imitated by the King of Tyre, when he said that satan was …. “perfect in beauty. 13 In Eʹden, the garden of God, you proved to be. Every precious stone was your covering, ruby, topaz and jasper; chrysʹo·lite, onyx and jade; sapphire, turquoise and emerald; and of gold was the workmanship of your settings and your sockets in you. In the day of your being created they were made ready. 14 You are the anointed cherub that is covering, and I have set you. On the holy mountain of God you proved to be. In the midst of fiery stones you walked about. 15 You were faultless in your ways from the day of your being created until unrighteousness was found in you. Your heart became haughty because of your beauty. You brought your wisdom to ruin on account of your beaming splendor”. (Ezekiel 29:12-15, 17)

Satan was a once faithful angel until the creation of humankind…..he was assigned the position of “covering cherub”, meaning that he was in a guardianship role right there in the garden, observing all that was transpiring….beginning to plot his rebellious course…….only then did he see an opportunity to be something he wasn’t……he could receive worship, and “be like God”.
Humans were created lower than angels, but endowed with intelligence and free will, so if he could separate them from Jehovah, he could get them to worship him in a multitude of different ways.

As the “Logos”(the Word or literally one who speaks words) the pre-human Jesus was always at his Father’s side, so I believe that each time that God spoke to men, (Moses or any of the prophets of old) it was through his spokesman. The only time God’s own voice was heard, was when he was acknowledging his son as the one he sent to save mankind…..the people were to ”listen to him”.

The glory of Jehovah and the glory of his son were spoken about directly in the scriptures, but as to the detail about what that glory is or how it appears, we can only speculate unless we have a direct statement to correct our understanding. The prophets often had difficulty putting heavenly things into earthly words.

Speculation is fine as long as it does not contradict the Bible as a whole…..it is, after all, one story. But we have to know the whole story first, otherwise we will not recognize speculation for what it really is….a product of our imagination.

Last edited:

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having studied the Bible carefully for decades now, I can honestly say that I have not found a single shred of evidence for this widely held belief…(the very foundation upon which Christendom is built) to be true in any way.
I see many interpretations of scripture that argues with other scripture on this subject, but in researching “church” history I found that it did not originate with Christ, who was Jewish by birth and Jewish in belief….he made no mention of it. There is not a single direct declaration by either Christ or his Father, that they are two parts of the same being.…or that there is any third person who requires our worship.

In his temptation of Jesus, the devil wanted “one act of worship”, from Jesus in exchange for “all the kingdoms of the world”….and yet Jesus responded in his Jewish understanding of the Jewish scripture he quoted, that it was to ”God alone” that worship was to be given. (Luke 4:5-8; Deut 10:20; Deut 6:4) He was not talking about himself.
Even in heaven, Jehovah is still the God of Jesus. (Rev 3:12) How can God have a God in heaven?

The word “gospel” means “good news”….so what is the “good news” that Christ taught his disciples?
When Jesus said that “this good news (gospel) of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matt 24:14)
What is “the good news of the kingdom”?
In the Lord’s Prayer, what does it mean for the kingdom to “come” and for God’s will to be “done on earth as it is in heaven”?
What was Jesus teaching us to pray for? It wasn’t for us to go to the kingdom…but for the kingdom to “come” to us….what does that mean? And what “end” did Jesus speak of?

Indeed because there is a lotta rubber on the road that leads to destruction and “many“ are traveling it, unbeknownst to themselves….whereas “few” are going to be found on the “road to life”. (Matt 7:13-14, 21-23)
Why are the majority on the wrong road?…and why are “few” even finding the ”narrow gate” leading onto the right road?

These are questions we must all answer for ourselves. It requires serious study of the scriptures, which is our only source of correct information….but even correct information can be corrupted by bad translation, and misinterpretation, coupled with influence from the one who sowed the “weeds“ of counterfeit “Christianity” in the first place.

There are powerful forces at work in this world ruled by the “wicked one”. (1 John 5:19)
What happened in the first century is happening again, right under everyone’s noses….hard decisions have to be made as to where we stand in this spiritually divided world…and our choices are ours to make….God will not correct us if we choose the wrong road…..that is our choice as free willed beings.

We can only pray that God helps us all to choose wisely….to do his will, not our own…it requires an open heart, not just an open mind.
loving your breakdown of scripture. it's clear and logical. i agree.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus taught his disciples to pray directly to the Father and not himself.

Matt 6
6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
7And when you pray, do not babble on like pagans, for they think that by their many words they will be heard. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
9So then, this is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be Your name.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you say "breakdown"? - LOL

View attachment 38498

/
Break”down”....break “up”.....break ”free”.....take your pick...
If you cannot analyse the scriptures for what they actually say rather than what you think they say.....unless there is a “break” from what is not truth.....this will be the picture of those coming to terms with the “breakdown” of their own faith at the judgment that is coming.......it won’t be funny then. :doldrums: (Matt 7:21-23)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot analyse the scriptures for what they actually say rather than what you think they say.....
So, you are the sole arbiter of WHAT the scriptures ACTUALLY say?
How fortunate for you. Too bad about EVERYONE else.

/

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, you are the sole arbiter of WHAT the scriptures ACTUALLY say?
How fortunate for you. Too bad about EVERYONE else.

/
That is just the point.....the one we purport to worship is the arbiter of what is truth...and we cannot get to know it without him. (John 6:65) Unless we have an open heart that wants to please our Creator rather than justify ourselves, and what we want to believe.....there is no salvation. It’s that serious.

Just imagine for a moment that the God worshipped by Christendom is a fake...a counterfeit god created by the one who sowed the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable.....and he has the majority believing that this three headed god is the real deal.....a god Israel never even heard of. (Deut 6:4)

If the very foundation upon which Christendom is built is a lie, then everything else that they have built on that lie will crumble at the judgment to come. Read Matthew 7:21-23 and see that those rejected by Christ at the judgment never knew that what they held to be truth, never was….when Jesus says “I never knew you”, it means that he has NEVER recognized these ones as his own. He calls them “workers of lawlessness” which means that they are breaking God’s law….which laws are they breaking? I believe it is the very first commandment…putting another “god” in Jehovah’s place….a god that is never once, in all of scripture called “Almighty”.
Please think about that….

Reactions: St. SteVen