Y do U believe what U believe, and do U have good reasons 4 those beliefs? - let's find out.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgot this bit...

On that we AGREE!!

Most threads are old and boring now. I skip many of them.
But hang around, there are many good people here...a mixed bag all of us.
I like most (not all) people, it's just some theologies really 'irk' me, as they touch upon the character of God and His love and distort that.

What would you suggest as a topic to discuss that you would enjoy?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Goodness... We've had so many.

Some have what is needed to start good threads that keep going, and are enjoyable. Enjoyable meaning good discussions without getting nasty.

I have tried and have started some threads , very few of mine 'take off'...so I guess I am not a good one to ask.

Im not one who any longer enjoys what I call 'heavy' threads , I used to study the Greek etc when I was young..but these days I am more interested in our daily walk and overcoming in the Lord.

As you can probably tell...I like the people themselves , not just what we study. I like when we encourage each other in the Way...

I believe that Father will be more interested in our love for Him and our heart motivations , than if we can dot every i' and cross every T in greek or whatever.

But, this is just me rambling...which I am prone to do! lol

Reactions: Nancy

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the daily walk, talk (with/to) and overcoming in, the Lord Jesus Christ:

What do you think of this preachment by this palagi?

Sincerely Dead

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
you might forego enjoyment for a brief time and try and discover why we all speak in satan's hegelian dialectic rather than the naive, and purposefully teach our kids the same thing as early as we can. We got 9 foundations to the New Jerusalem still dragging too. Tbh i dont get it myself, its as if believers hated Scripture most of anyone or something

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked brakelite , he hasn't heard from him.
I wrote to @Phoneman777 about a week ago via PM but I got nothing back :(
I miss him.

He , quiet thinker ( is that his name, I may have got it muddled LOL) and braklite , are the most balanced and 'normal' SDA I've known .

Lets go and start a new christian site where it is against the rules to "say" or or ask what anyone's denominational or doctrinal beliefs are..
:D :D :D I think life would be much calmer. :)

I hope he is okay, I love all of them too. And, excellent idea about not allowing anyone to ask or say ones denom! Even though, I think we would still know just from what one posts...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, the daily walk, talk (with/to) and overcoming in, the Lord Jesus Christ:

What do you think of this preachment by this palagi?

Sincerely Dead

Watched it...
Do the SDA have plural ministries?

Since the 70 we have not attended a place of worship that doesn't believe in plural ministries ...when we had our church back in England at least three of us would preach in a meeting 20 or 40 mins. No one person hogged all 2 hours ...

When Jesus sent them out , He sent them out in pairs.
So while your preach was okay...he was only one line...nothing wrong with that.. but I wouldn't have wanted to leave that meeting with that being the only word. If that was our meeting we'd follow on the same line , with the other side of the coin..the more victorious side of God and His work within us.

OT . Ez 43 2 "And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and His voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory. "

NT. Rev 14:2 "And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, ..."

Just my two cents

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watched it...
Do the SDA have plural ministries?
Not sure I understand what you mean by this question. Can you give me a little more detail?

Since the 70 we have not attended a place of worship that doesn't believe in plural ministries ...when we had our church back in England at least three of us would preach in a meeting 20 or 40 mins. No one person hogged all 2 hours ...
Seventh-day Adventists are on many occasions at the church all day long, and there are multiple times for sharing if that is what you mean. This is the main service portion, where normally (not always), the single scheduled presenter speaks (pastor, elder, teacher, etc), but there is the sabbath school before that, personal ministry time for anyone, missionary time, AY time, etc throughout the day.

I actually like the approach where multiple people speak in short bursts (as you stated) and would desire it (not always, as sometimes a longer study is needful), but it is like pulling teeth with a smaller congregation, as many are shy, especially the youth (we're working on that. :) )

When Jesus sent them out , He sent them out in pairs.
Yes, I know. There is the pastor, the elders, and the teachers and any person can share so long as it is cleared biblically speaking. We encourage anyone to share, though there is a structured format.

So while your preach was okay...he was only one line...nothing wrong with that.. but I wouldn't have wanted to leave that meeting with that being the only word. If that was our meeting we'd follow on the same line , with the other side of the coin..the more victorious side of God and His work within us.

OT . Ez 43 2 "And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and His voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory. "

NT. Rev 14:2 "And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, ..."
Understand, and agree. :) Those messages are given, it is just that the time for the main service is about 1 hr, though the whole day there are things going on, with more sharing, etc. So, I apologize if you only saw a small window into that, but there are others, and the same person, which do share about the victory, though in that message it was included, though not fleshed out entirely, as time throughout the day was given to more study.

Just my two cents
I like your two cents. Thank you for sharing 'em.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy
B

brakelite

Most non Adventists have a somewhat skewed perception of Ellen White, her ministry, and the church's teachings. Here is a short excerpt which may surprise some...
FB_IMG_1575331054992.jpg

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most non Adventists have a somewhat skewed perception of Ellen White, her ministry, and the church's teachings. Here is a short excerpt which may surprise some...
Not sure what this was in response to brother - me? if so, I understand about clearer light, more depth of understanding, but nothing which clears or deepens, negates or is to contradict that which went before. This applies to the quotations on the eternality of the Person/Being of the Son. Isaiah 8:20. That which comes after is to always be tested by the former.

B

brakelite

Not sure what this was in response to brother - me? if so, I understand about clearer light, more depth of understanding, but nothing which clears or deepens, negates or is to contradict that which went before. This applies to the quotations on the eternality of the Person/Being of the Son. Isaiah 8:20. That which comes after is to always be tested by the former.
not you, no. To the general opinion that prevails on forums such as this one (with the odd individual exception) that Adventism is at best a man-made religion that needs to be abandoned in favour of "orthodox Christianity" (whatever that means) or at worst, a heretical cult dangerous to all seekers of truth. The misconception lies in many people's perception that Adventists claim sole ownership to truth...infallibility...and a certainty of belief that all but Adventists will be in hell.
The quote I offered reveals that we are continuing to learn as everyone else. Not all our ideas and understanding is perfect, but what EGW wrote there I believe applies to everyone. Especially the part that says we have nothing to fear in challenging ourselves to test what we believe...just as this thread is all about.
As is evidenced in your prophecy thread, many will take but a cursory glance at the 2300 day prophecy without actually studying it in depth. because the ramifications of accepting it go so much against their current beliefs, they simply don't go there out of fear of being sucked into "heresy"...which mindset they have learned from the internet.

Reactions: ReChoired
B

brakelite

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30
Which was the lifelong attitude of Ellen White throughout her ministry..exalting Christ and His word, and encouraging her church to do the same.

B

brakelite

Ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me. :)
My main point was to attempt to encourage people that studying adventist teachings are nothing they need fear. If they are true, you have everything to gain. If not, you have nothing to lose.

Reactions: ReChoired

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which was the lifelong attitude of Ellen White throughout her ministry..exalting Christ and His word, and encouraging her church to do the same.
This reminds me of the king's words to Paul here:

"Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian." Acts 26:28

Am I not a Christian? Hmmm, not according to some... but God is the One who matters!

I never met a 7th Day Adventist before Christian forums, which was already a long time after I really began to get to know the Lord.
The first one I encountered many years ago long before this forum was always posting extremely long posts loaded with scriptures. I tried to follow her train of thought a couple of times, but always got lost along the way. She would not slow down and talk simply to more simple people to help them understand so from my standpoint she missed the way there. With some perhaps she did, but I did not see it.

Not many people have both the ability and the patience to thread through such lengthy in depth studies... even if they may contain good points. We, all of us, really need to learn to work with people at the level they are able to work. Not everyone is able to understand everything... nor do they need to...! God will provide help on both sides, when something worthwhile, according to Him, is being presented and they are both leaning on Him. Others may plant and water, but God alone gives any real increase.

Reactions: Nancy and brakelite

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Am I not a Christian? Hmmm, not according to some ...
Who said that (here)? For instance, I have to accept your word that you are Christian and your life is hid with Christ in God, but there are doctrines believed which are not Christian, and this is the point of this thread.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...The first one I encountered many years ago long before this forum was always posting extremely long posts loaded with scriptures. I tried to follow her train of thought a couple of times, but always got lost along the way. She would not slow down and talk simply to more simple people to help them understand so from my standpoint she missed the way there. With some perhaps she did, but I did not see it. ...
Have you read Paul in the NT, filled with depth and scripture. Romans and Galatians, and Hebrews is no small endeavor, and takes prayer and study to understand those books, even simple chapter, and even simple verses. So it cannot possibly be the 'amount' (for these forums are pretty limited on text space compared to others, and generally barely allow even the whole of Jude to be posted), and the scripture states that everything is to be in the mouth of two or three witnesses, and thus scriptures are to be provided for each point. So, on your own part, I would recommend asking specific questions, rather than continuing to point out others manner of responses/posts. What I hear is 'complaining', rather than doing what Acts 17:11 shows:

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

So, is there any point raised already in this thread, that you did not understand because it was 'too long' (subjective) or too much scriptures (subjective again), and need clarification on, I would ask that you, upon your part, ask specific questions to the point you needed clarified.

When people post, I do not complain about their length of post or their often abused references, but I do point out their abuse of scripture and respond in kind, and in so doing, this takes scripture to unravel their theological gordian knot.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus