Yahweh Says to Adoni

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been on many online forums. I was sitting here trying to remember some of their names. Zola Levitt had a forum called the Zola Board. There was one called Bible Discussion. Another called Theology Forums. A recent one that started a few months ago called White Horse. Probably another half dozen or so that I’m not remembering off the top of my head.
I’m considering one myself :)

Reactions: Matthias

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Jesus not Lord, Lord and great God Jesus Christ @heartwashed?

Of course Jesus is the one Lord, that was established in the previous post.

Thanks, I will check it out when I get some time.

The math, if you’re going to use it, must fit the data.

The math does indeed fit the data.

He can support his understanding of the Trinity with the the creeds of trinitarianism and the backing of thousands of trinitarian scholars. You don’t have that support for your understanding of the Trinity.

Is he the only trinitarian who has ever told you that what you’re teaching isn’t trinitarianism?

I use the creeds and while I do not utilize scholars in my teaching, I do make it a point to exactly expound upon Bible verses that apply to any given doctrine. So you can be certain that in reading my posts, you will get the understanding that comes from the Spirit of truth.

Also, you cannot tell me that I am not teaching the Trinity because I am not denying that there are three Persons in the Godhead. I am simply emphasizing the Oneness of the Lord in some of my posts.

“God is a Person” is unitarianism.

Which one is accurate?

a) Exo 3:14, And God said unto Moses, WE ARE THAT WE ARE: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, WE ARE hath sent us unto you.

b) Exo 3:14, And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

I submit to you that the fact that God, in His personal name, declares Himself to be the great I AM and not the great WE ARE, indicates that He is a singular Person to some degree.

I do not deny that He is also three Persons.

So the mystery of the Trinity has been revealed to you and trinitarians can gain understanding by reading your commentary on the Trinity, which contradicts the commentary of their scholars and theologians.

The trinitarians can do whatever they want in response to your revelation about the Trinity but that’s a huge red flag you’re waving and alarm bells should be going off in their heads.

I will only say to this that scholars can often have it wrong; for they are what Jesus would identify as "wise and prudent".

The truth is more often than not, hidden from the "wise and prudent".

Mat 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Correct and God is Tri-Personal, Triune , Trinity is One God who is 3 in Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Most definitely.

I’ve been doing this a long time now. I recognize the argument when I see it. It is mine.

You sound like a trinitarian. @heartwashed doesn’t sound like a trinitarian.

Your voice is the voice of historical orthodox trinitarianism. I’d recognize it anywhere. It’s been around for a very long time.

His voice is the voice of something else, which he insists is trinitarian.

When the voice of something else (whatever the “else” may be) says to a trinitarian, “Listen to me and you can gain understanding” the voice of something else is inviting the trinitarian to leave trinitarianism.

I’m a Jewish monotheist. I’m the voice of something else. You recognize it immediately, as you should.

I can say with confidence that my belief is that of the Trinity for it is not in contradiction to any of the Trinitarian creeds.

It also falls in line with what the Bible says about the Godhead.

You are correct his views do not pass the "orthodox " test of Christendom when it comes to the Trinity.

I've been debating the Trinity online for 20 plus years and depending on whom I conversing with I can be what I call an "orthodox" Trinitarian and argue it from that POV or what I like to say a "Biblical" Trinitarian and leaving out all of the "creeds" of Christiandom and making my argument from Scripture alone leaving out all of the "unbiblical" terms/phrases associated with Trinitarianism. It is a distinction with a difference and depending who I'm speaking with that are anti-creedal opponents then I will stick solely with Scripture to remove that argument/objection only use biblical terminology in defending the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as the One God.

And most of my debating online has been with unitarians followed by modalists. I can smell a modalist a mile away lol.

hope this helps !!!

And of course the reason for this is that Tritheism has invaded the situation so that many who are Tritheists are able to hide behind the label "Trinitarian" and get away with touting their doctrine as being the Trinity. Thus much of what passes for "orthodox" Trinitarianism is actually Tritheism.

Here is the litmus test:

The Trinity teaches that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct rather than separate.

Tritheism teaches that they are separate (which amounts to the preaching of three Gods).

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Jesus is the one Lord, that was established in the previous post.

Wrong 3 gods is tritheism , One Tri- Personal God is Trinitarianism .

Thanks, I will check it out when I get some time.

The math does indeed fit the data.

I use the creeds and while I do not utilize scholars in my teaching, I do make it a point to exactly expound upon Bible verses that apply to any given doctrine. So you can be certain that in reading my posts, you will get the understanding that comes from the Spirit of truth.

Also, you cannot tell me that I am not teaching the Trinity because I am not denying that there are three Persons in the Godhead. I am simply emphasizing the Oneness of the Lord in some of my post.

Which one is accurate?

a) Exo 3:14, And God said unto Moses, WE ARE THAT WE ARE: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

b) Exo 3:14, And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

I submit to you that the fact that God, in His personal name, declares Himself to be the great I AM and not the great WE ARE, indicates that He is a singular Person to some degree.

I will only say to this that scholars can often have it wrong; for they are what Jesus would identify as "wise and prudent".

The truth is more often than not, hidden from the "wise and prudent".

Mat 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Most definitely.

I can say with confidence that my belief is that of the Trinity for it is not in contradiction to any of the Trinitarian creeds.

It also falls in line with what the Bible says about the Godhead.

And of course the reason for this is that Tritheism has invaded the situation so that many who are Tritheists are able to hide behind the label "Trinitarian" and get away with touting their doctrine as being the Trinity. Thus much of what passes for "orthodox" Trinitarianism is actually Tritheism.

Here is the litmus test:

The Trinity teaches that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct rather than separate.

Tritheism teaches that they are separate (which amounts to the preaching of three Gods).

Tritheism is 3 gods whereas Trinitarianism is One God who is Tri- Personal.

hope this helps !!!

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany told me that if I had any questions about the Trinity that he is an expert on the subject and invited me to call on him if I had any questions. I’m calling on him now to ask for his opinion on what you’ve presented. I hope you don’t mind.
@Christophany's expertise comes from reading commentaries and creeds about the Trinity; which is at best secondhand information.

My expertise comes from reading the Bible itself with the doctrine of the Trinity on the backburner of my thinking; seeking illumination on the scriptures from the Holy Ghost.

(firsthand revelation).

Now, which of these is more likely to have the true understanding?

Psa 118:8, It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Psa 118:9, It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

I would say that those who are trusting in man's commentaries and creeds are putting their trust in man and not in the LORD.

Better to get firsthand information (from me it will be secondhand and from @Christophany it will be thirdhand; since we would be your go-betweens as concerning the information that you might receive).

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Christophany's expertise comes from reading commentaries and creeds about the Trinity; which is at best secondhand information.

My expertise comes from reading the Bible itself with the doctrine of the Trinity on the backburner of my thinking; seeking illumination on the scriptures from the Holy Ghost.

(firsthand revelation).

I would say that those who are trusting in man's commentaries and creeds are putting their trust in man and not in the LORD.

Better to get firsthand information (from me it will be secondhand and from @Christophany it will be thirdhand; since we would be your go-betweens as concerning the information that you might receive).
Psa 40:4 ¶ How blessed is that strong person
who places his trust in the Lord,
and who has not acknowledged the proud
nor resorted to lies.

Psa 62:8 ¶ People, in every situation put your trust in God; [Lit. in him]
pour out your heart before him;
for God is a refuge for us.
Interlude

Psa 62:9 ¶ Human beings [Lit. sons of Adam] are a mere vapor,
while people in high positions [Lit. sons of man] are not what they appear.
When they are placed on the scales, they weigh nothing;
even when weighed together, they are less than nothing.

Jer 17:5 Two Ways Contrasted
¶ This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the person who trusts in mankind,
who makes flesh his strength,
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.

Mic 7:5 ¶ Don’t trust your friends,
don’t confide in a companion,
watch what you say to your wife. [Lit. her who lies near your bosom]

Having posted these verses, I would not slight commentaries as you are, since it is a helpful tool, especially to those who have discernment given them by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
J.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 40:4 ¶ How blessed is that strong person
who places his trust in the Lord,
and who has not acknowledged the proud
nor resorted to lies.

Psa 62:8 ¶ People, in every situation put your trust in God; [Lit. in him]
pour out your heart before him;
for God is a refuge for us.
Interlude

Psa 62:9 ¶ Human beings [Lit. sons of Adam] are a mere vapor,
while people in high positions [Lit. sons of man] are not what they appear.
When they are placed on the scales, they weigh nothing;
even when weighed together, they are less than nothing.

Jer 17:5 Two Ways Contrasted
¶ This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the person who trusts in mankind,
who makes flesh his strength,
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.

Mic 7:5 ¶ Don’t trust your friends,
don’t confide in a companion,
watch what you say to your wife. [Lit. her who lies near your bosom]

Having posted these verses, I would not slight commentaries as you are, since it is a helpful tool, especially to those who have discernment given them by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
J.

Commentaries can indeed be helpful.

But if you are doing all your studying from commentaries, you are receiving secondhand information (and something can be lost in the translation).

If you read your Bible, asking for illumination from the Holy Ghost, you will be receiving firsthand information.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Commentaries can indeed be helpful.

But if you are doing all your studying from commentaries, you are receiving secondhand information (and something can be lost in the translation).

If you read your Bible, asking for illumination from the Holy Ghost, you will be receiving firsthand information.
...not to mention studying the morphology of each and every word, is it Future, Middle, Passive, Subjunctive, Vocative, 2nd Aorist, Perfect, Imperfect, Dative, etc...
Act 17:11 But these Bereans were more noble-minded than the Thessalonians. The Berean Yehudim received the dvar Hashem with all readiness, yom yom (daily) making a chazora (review) and examining and horiva over (analyzing) the Kitvei HaKodesh, to see if these things might be so. [Dt 29:29]
OJB

Commentary
Vincent

More noble than those (eugenesteroi tōn). Comparative form of eugenēs, old and common adjective, but in N.T. only here and Luk_19:12; 1Co_1:26. Followed by ablative case tōn as often after the comparative.
With all readiness of mind (meta pāsēs prothumias). Old word from prothumos (pro, thumos) and means eagerness, rushing forward. In the N.T. only here and 2Co_8:11-19; 2Co_9:2. In Thessalonica many of the Jews out of pride and prejudice refused to listen. Here the Jews joyfully welcomed the two Jewish visitors.
Examining the Scriptures daily (kath' hēmeran anakrinontes tas graphas). Paul expounded the Scriptures daily as in Thessalonica, but the Beroeans, instead of resenting his new interpretation, examined (anakrinō means to sift up and down, make careful and exact research as in legal processes as in Act_4:9; Act_12:19, etc.) the Scriptures for themselves. In Scotland people have the Bible open on the preacher as he expounds the passage, a fine habit worth imitating.
Whether these things were so (ei echoi tauta houtōs). Literally, “if these things had it thus.” The present optative in the indirect question represents an original present indicative as in Luk_1:29 (Robertson, Grammar, pp. 1043f.). This use of ei with the optative may be looked at as the condition of the fourth class (undetermined with less likelihood of determination) as in Act_17:27; Act_20:16; Act_24:19; Act_27:12 (Robertson, Grammar, p. 1021). The Beroeans were eagerly interested in the new message of Paul and Silas but they wanted to see it for themselves. What a noble attitude. Paul’s preaching made Bible students of them. The duty of private interpretation is thus made plain (Hovey).

Quite an eye opener, wouldn't you say?
A daily vocation.
J.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

(firsthand revelation).

I didn’t call upon @Christophany because I don’t know what trinitarianism teaches. I called upon him because I do.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(firsthand revelation).

Actually mine comes from scripture.

next

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(firsthand revelation).

FYI- you don't know the first thing about me and what I know regarding the Trinity and Deity of Christ. Its been my primary topic of study for the past 4 plus decades. Here are just a few of my personal studies on the topic. I have plenty more I can share.

Firsthand from Scripture ( my studying ) regarding God as plural from Both Testaments. I can show from Scripture alone that God is Plural in Persons without extrabiblical writings. Sola Scriptura. I'm first and foremost a biblical Trinitarian. And I have plenty more passages that I can show and explain regarding the Plural God and the Deity of Christ. I have dozens of passages on the Deity of Christ from both Testaments.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

Genesis 3:22
Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

Genesis 11:7
Come, let Us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Genesis 19:24
Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?

Isaiah 48:16
"Come near to Me, listen to this:
From the first I have not spoken in secret,
From the time it took place, I was there.
And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit."

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;

Psalms 110:1
The Lord says to my Lord:
"Sit at My right hand
Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Zecheriah 12:10
"And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born.

First I will let Jesus explain to you the function and role the Spirit plays within the Godhead and then I will show where Paul in some of his writings reveals the Father, Son and Holy Spirit working together in the believers life. They are distinct Persons within the One God.

John 15:26-27
"When the Helper comes, whom I will sendto you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, 27and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

John 16:5-8
"But nowI am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, Where are You going?' 6"But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go,I will send Him to you. 8"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

John 16:13-15
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15"All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Now below Paul will lay out our triune God below in these passages.

Romans 8:9-11
9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Romans 8:14-17
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Romans 8:26-36
26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 14:17-18
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.

1 Corinthians 2:10-16
10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:3-7
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6 There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued:

Ephesians 1:3-14
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

1-Paul gives praise, glory and honor to the Father in 1:3-6

2-Paul gives praise, glory and honor to the Son in 1:7-12

3-Paul gives praise, glory and honor to the Holy Spirit in 1:13-14

1-Salvation is Assigned by the Father

2-Salvation is Achieved through the Son

3-Salvation is Active from the Holy Spirit

Hence once again we see the Trinity in Action in the life of the believer!

Salvation is administered and assigned by the Father, accomplished and achieved through the Son and applied and activated by the Holy Spirit. We see the Trinity in action in the Redemption of the believer.

Father, Son and Spirit all called God and share the same Divine attributes as God

All called God
The Father Jehovah Ps 89:26
The Son- Jesus 1 Tim 1:16-17,Jn 20:28,Titus 2:13
The Holy Spirit Acts 5:3-4

All Creator
The Father Is 44:24
The Son -Jesus Col 1:16; John 1:3
The Holy Spirit Job 33:4

All raised Jesus
The Father 1 Thess 1:9-10
The Son- Jesus John 2:19-21
The Holy Spirit Rom 8:11

All eternal
The Father Ps 93:2
The Son- Jesus Is 9:6
The Holy Spirit Heb 9:14

All Omniscient
The Father Ps 147:5
The Son -Jesus John 2:24-25
The Holy Spirit Is 40:13-14

All Omnipresent
The Father Jer 23:24
The Son -Jesus Matt 18:20
The Holy Spirit Ps 139:7-10

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God cannot be ONE PERSON that is unitarianism or at best modalism. Your 2 above statements are contradictions. God cannot be both ( A ) and not A. God cannot be 1 person at the same time be 3 Persons. That is an oxymoron. The LNC declares God cannot be both a and not a at the same time.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there is only one Lord (Ephesians 4:5)...the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, 2 Corinthians 6:17-18).
This is blatantly false and your lack of understanding the Trinity is showing its true colors.

There is One Lord- the Son

1 Corinthians 8:6
and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Ephesians 4:5
one Lord,
one faith, one baptism

Romans 10:9-13
1 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

Jude 1:4
and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 12:3 For this reason I want you to be aware that no one who is speaking by God’s Spirit can say, “Jesus is cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

1Co 8:6 yet for us
there is only one God, the Father,
from whom everything came into being
and for whom we live.
And there is only one Lord, Jesus the Messiah, [Or Christ]
through whom everything came into being
and through whom we live.

1Co 8:7 ¶ But not everyone has this knowledge. Some people are so accustomed to idolatry that when they eat food that has been offered to an idol, their conscience becomes contaminated because it is weak.
1Co 8:8 However, food will not bring us closer to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat food that has been offered to an idol, [The Gk. lacks food that has been offered to an idol] and no better off if we do.

Better, heartwashed?

J.
Spot on !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I encourage everyone to be as a Berean as concerning the things that I preach.
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are each called God. They are not different Gods, therefore the argument "there is no other God except one" doesn't refute the Trinity. One Lord does not exclude the Father from being called the one Lord any more than One God exempts Jesus from being called one God. There cannot be two Lords over Creation. There can only be One God and One Lord, therefore both Jesus and the Father are the same one God and the same One Lord.

Again, we must acknowledge the exclusivity concept as revealed in scriptures. When the deity is placed in opposition to idols, or to creatures, then the mention of one Person does not exclude the others from being of the same substance or essence with the Godhead. Nor does the mention of two exclude the third. But the exclusive aspect pertains to and is used over against only idols and creatures. We must not try to reconcile the doctrine of the pagans concerning the gods with our own theology. For there is and ought to be a difference between the teaching of the gentiles and that of the Christians, because the gentiles have many gods and lords; but we acknowledge only one essence of God.

In John 17:3 it says that the Father is "the only true God." However the Son cannot be excluded for it says in 1 John 5:20, "The Son is the true God," and in John 16:15, "ALL things which the Father has are mine," and in Matt. 11:27, "No man knows the Father except the Son, and no one knows the Son except the Father." Nor is the Holy Spirit excluded, because in 1 Cor. 2:11 it says, "The things which are of God no one knows except the Spirit of God." Finally, in Rev. 19:12, "The Son has a name which no one knows except Himself," it is clear that neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit are excluded, but only creatures.

The same holds true when we speak about the Lord. One Lord does not exclude the Father from being the Lord no more than it does when the Father is called the one true God and excluding the Son from being God. Both are God and Lord.

Hope this helps !!!