Young adult hangout thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's some of your favorite games?

I like Skyrim and Fallout 3. I have Las Vegas, but havent got much into it. My favorite system is Nintendo 64, game Harvest Moon. But sadly don't have that system anymore. Like Mario 64, Zelda, Chronicles of Aiden. Those are my favorites. Have all 150 original Pokemon cards as a collection and a few of the second. I have gameboy color and play Harvest Moon on that and Pokemon yellow (when I have time).

I am married with one kid and one born in two weeks and getting my CDA.

I used to consider 30 and over as old. Now I see young adult threads and think, well, I'm not a young one, but I don't consider 33 old either. Some of these charts, I think need to be changed. But yeh 27, I relate with more then 40 and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never played star trek games, but used to play lotro

I heard that was a really good game too, and apparently it's still around, haven't got to playing that one either hahaha.

I got every Counter-Strike game, haven't played that in a while though, and I was pretty old school, I was still playing the original Cod when other teenagers back then were playing Black Ops, hahahha.

Reactions: Mayflower

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I got probably 80+ games in my steam library, but really haven't played them all Lolz. And I got most of the Command and Conquers on Origin, since it was cheaper than buying them on steam.

I also have some old classics like Commandos and Desperados I and II.

Mount n Blade Warband and Fire and Sword I have played quite a bit as well. And I got the Megaman legacy collection too from Megaman 1-6 I think it is and maybe some more.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I also have played Eve Online a bit, it's now free 2 play, but I am nowhere near as leveled up as other players, that game has been around for nearly 2 decades I think.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I am not quite up to date here, I have a ps3 and still have the original DS Lolz, lost my stylus though, and lost a lot of my games in storage, including my ps1.

Also have played games on PC quite a bit in the past, but not much recently, I am on steam.
Play?? ...why play when the Titanic is sinking? It is high time to wake and be sober......there are things upon us with few watchmen.....no time to play..... not even Church!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Play?? ...why play when the Titanic is sinking? It is high time to wake and be sober......there are things upon us with few watchmen.....no time to play..... not even Church!

Are you a Millenial? And hey we are allowed to have hobbies. :p

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you a Millenial? And hey we are allowed to have hobbies. :p
I'm an old codger who dared to poke his head in and remind you that having twenty or thirty birthdays does not qualify you as a twenty or thirty year old. Many have had as many birthdays yet are not older than half that age.

You want to Play? (call it what you may) you reveal your true age but not only that, the precious little time available is frittered away in self gratifying useless pursuits..... Wake up and trim your lamp, the bridegroom is coming!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm an old codger who dared to poke his head in and remind you that having twenty or thirty birthdays does not qualify you as a twenty or thirty year old. Many have had as many birthdays yet are not older than half that age.

You want to Play? (call it what you may) you reveal your true age but not only that, the precious little time available is frittered away in self gratifying useless pursuits..... Wake up and trim your lamp, the bridegroom is coming!

Bash the old trolls!!! Especially if Jesus is coming soon. We don't have much time!!!

(Kidding. :) )

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the best sermons I have heard on redeeming your time.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
18-30

Males and females welcome. I figured that this would be a good way for us millennials to meet and get acquainted. I'm 27 and I'm from southwest Missouri, I enjoy video games, reading, movies, music. I have a PS4 and a 3DS. I have a pretty big library and I like reading non fiction, and of course the Bible. Just a little bit of info about me.
Avalon, at age 78, the only category I fit into is probably would the geriatric group, a precursor to the dementia group. :)

I found your post and your two objectives to be somewhat amusing, since your objectives seem to be diametrically opposed to one another. Playing video games seems to be an isolationist lifestyle. You would probably have to make an either/or choice between the two.

Last edited:

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Skyrim and Fallout 3. I have Las Vegas, but havent got much into it. My favorite system is Nintendo 64, game Harvest Moon. But sadly don't have that system anymore. Like Mario 64, Zelda, Chronicles of Aiden. Those are my favorites. Have all 150 original Pokemon cards as a collection and a few of the second. I have gameboy color and play Harvest Moon on that and Pokemon yellow (when I have time).

I've played Fallout: New Vegas, and I have Fallout 4 but I haven't played it yet.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've played Fallout: New Vegas, and I have Fallout 4 but I haven't played it yet.

Las Vegas is a pretty hard game I find. You run into death claws the moment you head North.

I miss playing. It is hard these days to find time. We usually keep the tv on PBS for our daughter, and I had homework most of the day for my CDA... Managed to get some housework done too. Been "nesting". An older millinial thing. I sometimes get convicted of the Bethesda games, but it is a challenge to stay a good guy when you actually can choose dark paths too in these games. I used to want to try all of the options. In Skyrim, for example, I tried to be the baddest character ever. I don't think the games are wrong now. I believe it is honoring to God to choose right decisions in these fantasy situations. So now I just have fun with that attitude in mind. I'm not much into the gory games though with lots of blood and guts.

So what are your life goals Avalon? Do you work or go to school or anything?

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm disabled so no I don't work, I have a rare back condition. I just take it day by day. My only friend is Jesus right now, I got saved and baptized in 2017 and being a Christian has made me a better person. So I have the time to play my video games lol! But I don't play it all day everyday, I do other things. And of course making the time to read the Bible.

Reactions: Josho and Mayflower

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Las Vegas is a pretty hard game I find. You run into death claws the moment you head North.

I miss playing. It is hard these days to find time. We usually keep the tv on PBS for our daughter, and I had homework most of the day for my CDA... Managed to get some housework done too. Been "nesting". An older millinial thing. I sometimes get convicted of the Bethesda games, but it is a challenge to stay a good guy when you actually can choose dark paths too in these games. I used to want to try all of the options. In Skyrim, for example, I tried to be the baddest character ever. I don't think the games are wrong now. I believe it is honoring to God to choose right decisions in these fantasy situations. So now I just have fun with that attitude in mind. I'm not much into the gory games though with lots of blood and guts.

Yep it's like that in a lot of RPGs these days.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm disabled so no I don't work, I have a rare back condition. I just take it day by day. My only friend is Jesus right now, I got saved and baptized in 2017 and being a Christian has made me a better person. So I have the time to play my video games lol! But I don't play it all day everyday, I do other things. And of course making the time to read the Bible.

Awww sorry about your back condition. That does not sound easy to deal with. Any support groups in your area? There are a lot of good resources out there....I love that there are community boards and forums like this, but it is nothing like having someone to talk to face to face and things. I don't have much blood family outside my husband and kids. They live in Texas. But the church is my family.

Reactions: Stan B

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm do you happen to play Star Trek Online? I was going to start playing it but never got around to it, haha. :p

Well I finally got around to it today, there is both on ground gameplay and space combat.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Changing topic from games though, I don't really listen to most music that Millenials would listen to today, especially Australian Millenials, they tend to be into EDM, rap, pop, rock.

Me? I am into country music.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It really is hard finding good Gen Z and Millenial Christian friends these days and it's nearly about impossible to find them nearby home.

I am a man that doesn't have many real life friends either, I got Jesus and my parents though. :)