Young adult hangout thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Changing topic from games though, I don't really listen to most music that Millenials would listen to today, especially Australian Millenials, they tend to be into EDM, rap, pop, rock.

Me? I am into country music.

I'm originally from Texas, so I love country. But mainly I listen to Christian radio. I love Natalie Grant and Nicole Nordeman. Newsboys/David Crowder. Some Skillet

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is one of the best sermons I have heard on redeeming your time.
This sermon is a Scripturally unbalanced by someone who is psychologically deranged, suffering an obsessive-compulsive disorder called workaholism.

A workaholic is a person who works compulsively. The term originates from alcoholism. The person works at the cost of their sleep, meeting friends or family. While the term generally implies that the person enjoys their work, it can also alternately imply that they simply feel compelled to do it.

That is FAR from what a balanced view of Scripture teaches. As you go through the Bible, you will see God's abundant plans for sabbaths, feast days and celebrations where all work must cease! Apart from the weekly sabbaths, there were a whole lot of other feasts throughout the year, where they enjoyed a week of rest. And then every 7th year, all work must cease for a full year, and on Jubilee years the 7th year Sabbath is followed by a second year of refraining from work.

God's balanced plan involves a lot of time off for feasts and celebrations. He is not the God of workaholism! He is the God of rejoicing and celebration.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Silent Generation isn't all that silent. :D But see what I mean that I don't think there are many millinials around on here? That is why I was hoping I could still join in. So thanks Avalon. I think it would be nice to draw in more of this age group. Because even older Generation Y, we still have a lot of the same life experiences and grew up around the same generation. The world is a lot different of a place when we grew up then when other older adults have. And yeh. I see perhaps ages 15 to 24, that was still bit of a different world. I love speaking with people of all ages and mainly hang out with older adults in real life too as a parent. But I do wish to have a few friends around my age. Not for game and hobbies really. This is a get to know you time. But it is a bit different. Ya'll understand?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It really is hard finding good Gen Z and Millenial Christian friends these days and it's nearly about impossible to find them nearby home.

I am a man that doesn't have many real life friends either, I got Jesus and my parents though. :)
There are few young people with a heart knowledge of Jesus......No doubt the many games are a priority.....one of the modern golden calfs.

Do you recall the situation when Moses was up the mountain receiving the Ten Commandments ....he was there longer than expected and what did the people do?......they made a golden calf and rose up to play.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are few young people with a heart knowledge of Jesus......No doubt the many games are a priority.....one of the modern golden calfs.

Do you recall the situation when Moses was up the mountain receiving the Ten Commandments ....he was there longer than expected and what did the people do?......they made a golden calf and rose up to play.

Yep there are few young people, don't know of anyone near here.

I think most of that rare kind are in the cities or near the cities, but I do know of a few in East Gippsland though. I am also guessing you might have a few of that kind in FNQ.

And yes I do remember.

I am what you would call a goodie two shoes, lol. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't swear. And don't you worry I do read the Bible and pray to Jesus everyday. I have been listening to sermons online with my parents, and have been watching Songs of Praise also.

Just because the world is on a sinking ship, it does not mean we are, it does not mean we are to stop living our lives. We are young people and still got a long way to go with our lives. You are probably already a grandpa, I am not even a husband or a dad, even though people say I am old enough to be one.

I want to also point out, a heavy focus on the Tribulation and judgement day can also be a distraction, people with a heavy focus on judgement day start putting dates on the tribulation, start putting dates on Jesus's return, they start making wild claims on who the Anti-Christ is, some start doomsday prepping and a few even go to far lengths to stock up weapons and ammo......

Instead Jesus should be the number one focus. Not sport, not travel, not games, not movies, not music, not business, not cars, not boating, not 4 wheel driving, not gym, not exercise. We are all not perfect though and at times will fail to do so.

On another note.

You may not understand this, as you aren't from our generation, but if you want to talk about games, I guess you could say games are a modern day introvert's escape from the worries of the real world, same with fishing. It's not a crime to be an introvert, it's not a sin to be an introvert and not everyone is called to be an extrovert. And it was a good way to make some friends, even though I will probably never meet those people in real life, I still talk to some of them today. On another note I don't to talk to people back from my days at school much at all, a part from maybe a quick chat if I come across someone in real life that used to go to the same school I did. During my school days, I felt rejected and left out, a lot of kids didn't really care about me, that's why I got into online gaming. My gaming friends treat me better.

And if you think I do too much activity, a lot of extroverts have far more hobbies that fill up their time.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep there are few young people, don't know of anyone near here.

I think most of that rare kind are in the cities or near the cities, but I do know of a few in East Gippsland though. I am also guessing you might have a few of that kind in FNQ.

And yes I do remember.

I am what you would call a goodie two shoes, lol. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't swear. And don't you worry I do read the Bible and pray to Jesus everyday. I have been listening to sermons online with my parents, and have been watching Songs of Praise also.

Just because the world is on a sinking ship, it does not mean we are, it does not mean we are to stop living our lives. We are young people and still got a long way to go with our lives. You are probably already a grandpa, I am not even a husband or a dad, even though people say I am old enough to be one.

I want to also point out, a heavy focus on the Tribulation and judgement day can also be a distraction, people with a heavy focus on judgement day start putting dates on the tribulation, start putting dates on Jesus's return, they start making wild claims on who the Anti-Christ is, some start doomsday prepping and a few even go to far lengths to stock up weapons and ammo......

Instead Jesus should be the number one focus. Not sport, not travel, not games, not movies, not music, not business, not cars, not boating, not 4 wheel driving, not gym, not exercise. We are all not perfect though and at times will fail to do so.

On another note.

You may not understand this, as you aren't from our generation, but if you want to talk about games, I guess you could say games are a modern day introvert's escape from the worries of the real world, same with fishing. It's not a crime to be an introvert, it's not a sin to be an introvert and not everyone is called to be an extrovert. And it was a good way to make some friends, even though I will probably never meet those people in real life, I still talk to some of them today. On another note I don't to talk to people back from my days at school much at all, a part from maybe a quick chat if I come across someone in real life that used to go to the same school I did. During my school days, I felt rejected and left out, a lot of kids didn't really care about me, that's why I got into online gaming. My gaming friends treat me better.

And if you think I do too much activity, a lot of extroverts have far more hobbies that fill up their time.

I think rpg writing and games are how I got onto the internet. I was always a loner. There are not many conservative millinials amd generation y these days. It is sad, because we are the generations that are raising tomorrow's children. So we have to be the lights and leaders in the world. But there are a lot of baby boomers. Not that this is a bad thing. It is just easy to feel unheard. Especially when there are so many from our generation these days that make us look bad.

This is a fellowship thread. I don't expect those in their 60's and 70's to understand video games, social media, and today's music. It can be a golden calf. But I think it is as Josho said. My gaming friends treated me a lot better then at school. I'm fact, those little CF pets and characters, they got me on Christian Forums searching and things. I got alot closer to God during that time. I was 21, dealing with my mom's dementia and ptsd from abuse, and self injured for many years. God used gaming as one tool to help me cope positively until I could overcome.

I thank God for my friends of all ages. But the very idea of intruding on a thread Avalon set up for young adults, without even asking to join, but putting down things shown and said, that is very disrespectful in my opinion. Evangelism and Christian fellowship takes many forms.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I don't know everyone's ages, but just encourage y'all to be respectful and considerate of Avalon's wishes...CB has a unique set up for free speech. But trust God to move in our generation. He is!!!!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am a social butterfly now. God did a work on this woman. :D But for the longest time, yeh. Internet friends were my only friends.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would recommend ages 37 and younger though for a young adult thread for here...just because I think there only a handful that are millinial and generation y... And I doubt we have anyone younger then 17. Agios would be the youngest now...Josho would probably know.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....I am too old for this!

ha

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awww sorry about your back condition. That does not sound easy to deal with. Any support groups in your area? There are a lot of good resources out there....I love that there are community boards and forums like this, but it is nothing like having someone to talk to face to face and things. I don't have much blood family outside my husband and kids. They live in Texas. But the church is my family.

Theirs no cure for my condition but it's managed with medication. I don't like support groups because I'm usually a very private person and it's very embarrassing for me, but obliging a few details about myself anonymously over the internet isn't so bad. I would like to get out more like in a social group or something. I'm a single adult so that's another factor in choosing the right church or social group, most people my age are married so I guess that's why the social groups are scarce.

Reactions: Mayflower and Josho

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Changing topic from games though, I don't really listen to most music that Millenials would listen to today, especially Australian Millenials, they tend to be into EDM, rap, pop, rock.

Me? I am into country music.

I really like Electronica and Trip-Hop, it's like lounge music and it's very relaxing. I also like Hillsong Young & Free.

Reactions: Mayflower and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Theirs no cure for my condition but it's managed with medication. I don't like support groups because I'm usually a very private person and it's very embarrassing for me, but obliging a few details about myself anonymously over the internet isn't so bad. I would like to get out more like in a social group or something. I'm a single adult so that's another factor in choosing the right church or social group, most people my age are married so I guess that's why the social groups are scarce.

Hmmm it would seem a lot of people even my age are getting married right now. One of my 2nd cousins got married last year, and he was 23 I think.

But you know some people still get married at 30+.

I think it's more about my parents than myself, haha, mum wants grandkids. Lol. :p

Reactions: Mayflower

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really like Electronica and Trip-Hop, it's like lounge music and it's very relaxing. I also like Hillsong Young & Free.

When you talk about electronic music, I do think Lindsay Stirling is very talented. And Hillsong does have some good songs.

Avalon1

Jun 2, 2020
NA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you talk about electronic music, I do think Lindsay Stirling is very talented. And Hillsong does have some good songs.

Hillsong's newest CD "III" is their best album.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm it would seem a lot of people even my age are getting married right now. One of my 2nd cousins got married last year, and he was 23 I think.

But you know some people still get married at 30+.

I think it's more about my parents than myself, haha, mum wants grandkids. Lol. :p

Oh man that drove me crazy. Mom always said "where are my grandchildren." Lol. But I really had a time clock. It was just time. We celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday. I married at 28

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Agios maybe you might be in interested in this thread.

@Avalon1 it can still play older games, and games with lower requirements. I can play Portal 2 on it. Lol
What a blessing to be old and not have to worry about things like computer games and their problems. My main problem is getting from A to B.

Reactions: Josho and Stan B

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh man that drove me crazy. Mom always said "where are my grandchildren." Lol. But I really had a time clock. It was just time. We celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday. I married at 28
I have 12 grandkids and if I had known what fun they would be I would have had them first.