Your thoughts on TEN verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Axehead said:
So, you want to distinguish between relationship and fellowship with Jesus? Sounds like a doctrine that will allow one to be quite fleshly.

God's word is not like the IRS regulations, there are NO loopholes. But, man loves to take His word and codify it, making complex religious systems.
I agree. God does not send his children to the Lake of Fire.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
ATP said:
I agree. God does not send his children to the Lake of Fire.
Hey, that's cool. I agree, too. God does not send His children to the Lake of Fire.

1Jn_3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

So, what is the purpose of this thread, again? Does anyone disagree with 1 Jn 3:10.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
It's about if a believer can lose his salvation and go to the Lake of Fire.

Lemme ask you, what is the difference between relationship with God vs. fellowship with God.

For example, why would God adopt us as children and then send us to the Lake of fire.

That's not what adoption is, right?
As it appears to me in Scripture the one who follows Christ is in a relationship with Him.

To answer your question, suppose you had a child and when he turned 15 he told you that when he reaches 30 he's going to turn to a life of crime. Would you put him in jail at age 15 or would wait until he actually committed a crime?

While one is a Christian God can use that to hopefully grow that person so that they don't change.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
To answer your question, suppose you had a child and when he turned 15 he told you that when he reaches 30 he's going to turn to a life of crime. Would you put him in jail at age 15 or would wait until he actually committed a crime?
But you're comparing an earthly father and his promises to a heavenly father and his promises. It's apples and oranges here.

The Holy Spirit doesn't leave us. Rather he convicts, sanctifies, disciplines and teaches us the things of God....

Matt 28:16-20 NIV - John 14:16 NIV The Holy Spirit is with us forever.
Luke 17:21 KJV - The kingdom of God is within you.
John 4:13-14 NIV - The Holy Spirit flows through us like like a spring of water.
John 7:38 NIV - The Holy Spirit flows like rivers of living water.
John 14:25-27 NIV - The Holy Spirit comforts and helps us.
John 14:26 NIV - 1 Cor 2:11-16 NIV The Holy Spirit teaches us.
John 16:8-11 NIV - The Holy Spirit convicts us of righteousness.
Rom 8:9-11 NIV - The Holy Spirit is in us and never leaves, because we belong to Christ.
Rom 8:15-17 NIV - The Holy Spirit is in us and never leaves, because we belong to Christ by adoption
Heb 12:4-13 NIV - God Disciplines His Children
2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV - The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials.

Matt 28:16-20 NIV Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Luke 17:21 KJV Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
John 4:13-14 NIV Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 7:38 NIV Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."
John 14:16 NIV And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.
John 14:25-27 NIV “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 16:8-11 NIV When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
Rom 8:9-11 NIV You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Rom 8:15-17 NIV The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
1 Cor 2:11-16 NIV For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
Heb 12:4-13 NIV In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, 6because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” 7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. 12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13“Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings;

- ATP

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
But you're comparing an earthly father and his promises to a heavenly father and his promises. It's apples and oranges here.

The Holy Spirit doesn't leave us. Rather he convicts, sanctifies, disciplines and teaches us the things of God....

Matt 28:16-20 NIV - John 14:16 NIV The Holy Spirit is with us forever.
Luke 17:21 KJV - The kingdom of God is within you.
John 4:13-14 NIV - The Holy Spirit flows through us like like a spring of water.
John 7:38 NIV - The Holy Spirit flows like rivers of living water.
John 14:25-27 NIV - The Holy Spirit comforts and helps us.
John 14:26 NIV - 1 Cor 2:11-16 NIV The Holy Spirit teaches us.
John 16:8-11 NIV - The Holy Spirit convicts us of righteousness.
Rom 8:9-11 NIV - The Holy Spirit is in us and never leaves, because we belong to Christ.
Rom 8:15-17 NIV - The Holy Spirit is in us and never leaves, because we belong to Christ by adoption
Heb 12:4-13 NIV - God Disciplines His Children
2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV - The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials.

Matt 28:16-20 NIV Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Luke 17:21 KJV Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
John 4:13-14 NIV Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 7:38 NIV Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."
John 14:16 NIV And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.
John 14:25-27 NIV “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 16:8-11 NIV When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
Rom 8:9-11 NIV You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Rom 8:15-17 NIV The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
1 Cor 2:11-16 NIV For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
Heb 12:4-13 NIV In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, 6because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” 7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. 12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13“Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings;

- ATP
Where does Scripture say the Holy Spirit will never leave someone?

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
Where does scripture say He does?
That doesn't answer the question. If you claim he can't then that needs to be proven or it's just opinion. However, we do have Scripture that says that the Spirit left the anointed king.

13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.
14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the LORD troubled him. (1Sa 16:13-14 NKJ)

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
That doesn't answer the question.
Well it kinda does, as I am posting numerous amounts of scripture for you to study.

Butch5 said:
If you claim he can't then that needs to be proven or it's just opinion. However, we do have Scripture that says that the Spirit left the anointed king.

13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.
14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the LORD troubled him. (1Sa 16:13-14 NKJ)
..and Samuel existed before resurrection Butch. There was no indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
Well it kinda does, as I am posting numerous amounts of scripture for you to study.

..and Samuel existed before resurrection Butch. There was no indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
There's nothing more to study, I've already done it.

Really, Then how was John the baptist filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb?

15 "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. (Luk 1:15 NKJ)

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Does your Bible say, "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 Jn_3:10

The children of the Devil "doeth not righteousness". The children of the Devil "loveth not his brother." The children of the Devil have no security.

What are the children of God like? Again?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
There's nothing more to study, I've already done it.

Open up your heart and mind to the possibility. Why do you think your sinful works can possibly get you into heaven?

Butch5 said:
Really, Then how was John the baptist filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb?

15 "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. (Luk 1:15 NKJ)
God blessed him with that gift. Did God bless all men before resurrection with that gift, no he did not.
Like Jeremiah, he was sanctified, set apart, and ordained to be the prophet of the Highest.
You seem to be having difficulty understanding the functions of the Holy Spirit before and after resurrection.
Axehead said:
What are the children of God like? Again?
They are not of this world, they are set apart because of the blood of Christ that was shed on the cross for sinners. His blood and grace is what keeps us in him.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
ATP said:
Open up your heart and mind to the possibility. Why do you think your sinful works can possibly get you into heaven?

God blessed him with that gift. Did God bless all men before resurrection with that gift, no he did not.
Like Jeremiah, he was sanctified, set apart, and ordained to be the prophet of the Highest.
You seem to be having difficulty understanding the functions of the Holy Spirit before and after resurrection.

They are not of this world, they are set apart because of the blood of Christ that was shed on the cross for sinners. His blood and grace is what keeps us in him.
Do you agree with 1 John 3:10, regarding the description of the "children of God"?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Axehead said:
Does your Bible say, "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 Jn_3:10

The children of the Devil "doeth not righteousness". The children of the Devil "loveth not his brother." The children of the Devil have no security.
I do agree. It's also good to point out that we are not righteous by anything we do, it is rather God's works that are in us that make us righteous. :)

Rom 10:3-4 NIV Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
ATP said:
I do agree. It's also good to point out that we are not righteous by anything we do, it is rather God's works that are in us that make us righteous. :)

Rom 10:3-4 NIV Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
Amen! In order for God's works to be in us and through us, is there a part for us to play?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Axehead said:
Amen! In order for God's works to be in us and through us, is there a part for us to play?
Yes! Start with these items, and learn what's coming upon America. It’s important to note that the blood moon on 9/28/15 will actually be called a super blood moon and will also be seen in the skies of Jerusalem.

Book - Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs starring Mark Biltz
Book - Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change by John Hagee
DVD - Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs starring Mark Biltz

Book - The Harbinger: by Jonathan Cahn
Book - The Harbinger Companion With Study Guide: by Jonathan Cahn
DVD - The Harbinger Decoded starring Jonathan Cahn
DVD - The Isa 9:10 Judgment: starring Jonathan Cahn

Book - The Mystery of the Shemitah: by Jonathan Cahn
DVD - The Mystery of the Shemitah Unlocked: starring Jonathan Cahn

Book - Blood Moon God's Warning: Jewish Feasts and the Blood Moons of 2014 and 2015 by J. Nell Brown
Book - The Feasts of the Lord: God's Prophetic Calendar from Calvary to the Kingdom by Kevin Howard
DVD - Feasts of the Lord with Study Guide starring Mark Biltz

A Tetrad is when you have four blood moons inside two years. These are the dates and events in which Tetrads have landed on Jewish holidays..

1. 162-163 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and Feast of Tabernacles; coincided at the height of the worst persecution of Jews and Christians in the history of the Roman Empire. Thousands were martyred in Rome's arenas. Rome was suddenly flooded by the Tiberas River in the spring of 162 AD, leading to severe famine and a plague that killed 1/3 of the Roman Empire's population. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

2. 795-796 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and Yom Kippur; coincided with King Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire establishing a buffer zone between France and Spain which halted Islamic invasions into Western Europe. This was a key turning point in spread of Christianity in Europe and stability of Jews in the region. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

3. 842-843 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and Yom Kippur; coincided with the break-up of the Carolingian Empire in Europe, weakening the position of Jews in Europe and setting the stage for their future persecution. This also led to Rome being sacked and the Vatican being looted by Islamic armies. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

4. 860-861 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles; coincided with the Greeks of the Byzantine Empire permanently stopping the Islamic invasion of Eastern Europe. This kept Islam confined to Asia Minor and the Middle East, allowing the continued spread of Christianity in Europe, thus allowing Jews to live in relatively security. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

5. 1493-1494 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Trumpets; coincided with the Spanish Inquisition when the King of Spain ordered all Jews to leave the country. The Jews had settled in the region about 200 AD and thus Spain became a second Jewish homeland. This also coincided with Christopher Columbus' discovering of America, which is home today for more than 5 million Jews outside Israel. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

6. 1949-1950 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles; coincided with (1) the rebirth of Israel as an independent nation on May 14, 1948, (2) the winning of the Israeli War for Independence and the first official permanent government on January 25th, 1949, and (3) the Knesset passing the "Law of Return" on July 5, 1950 which gave Jews the right to settle in Israel and obtain citizenship . Prophetic significance: Jews regathered, Israel a nation.

7. 1967-1968 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles; coincided with the "6-Day War" of June 5-10, 1967 with Israel retaking of Jerusalem and capturing critical portions of land including Judea, Samaria, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank and the Golan Heights. Prophetic significance: Jews regathered, Israel a nation, Jerusalem regained.

8. 2014-2015 AD -

Genesis 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years.

- ATP

Axehead

May 9, 2012
ATP said:
Yes! Start with these items, and learn what's coming upon America. It’s important to note that the blood moon on 9/28/15 will actually be called a super blood moon and will also be seen in the skies of Jerusalem.

Book - Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs starring Mark Biltz
Book - Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change by John Hagee
DVD - Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs starring Mark Biltz

Book - The Harbinger: by Jonathan Cahn
Book - The Harbinger Companion With Study Guide: by Jonathan Cahn
DVD - The Harbinger Decoded starring Jonathan Cahn
DVD - The Isa 9:10 Judgment: starring Jonathan Cahn

Book - The Mystery of the Shemitah: by Jonathan Cahn
DVD - The Mystery of the Shemitah Unlocked: starring Jonathan Cahn

Book - Blood Moon God's Warning: Jewish Feasts and the Blood Moons of 2014 and 2015 by J. Nell Brown
Book - The Feasts of the Lord: God's Prophetic Calendar from Calvary to the Kingdom by Kevin Howard
DVD - Feasts of the Lord with Study Guide starring Mark Biltz

A Tetrad is when you have four blood moons inside two years. These are the dates and events in which Tetrads have landed on Jewish holidays..

1. 162-163 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and Feast of Tabernacles; coincided at the height of the worst persecution of Jews and Christians in the history of the Roman Empire. Thousands were martyred in Rome's arenas. Rome was suddenly flooded by the Tiberas River in the spring of 162 AD, leading to severe famine and a plague that killed 1/3 of the Roman Empire's population. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

2. 795-796 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and Yom Kippur; coincided with King Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire establishing a buffer zone between France and Spain which halted Islamic invasions into Western Europe. This was a key turning point in spread of Christianity in Europe and stability of Jews in the region. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

3. 842-843 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and Yom Kippur; coincided with the break-up of the Carolingian Empire in Europe, weakening the position of Jews in Europe and setting the stage for their future persecution. This also led to Rome being sacked and the Vatican being looted by Islamic armies. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

4. 860-861 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles; coincided with the Greeks of the Byzantine Empire permanently stopping the Islamic invasion of Eastern Europe. This kept Islam confined to Asia Minor and the Middle East, allowing the continued spread of Christianity in Europe, thus allowing Jews to live in relatively security. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

5. 1493-1494 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Trumpets; coincided with the Spanish Inquisition when the King of Spain ordered all Jews to leave the country. The Jews had settled in the region about 200 AD and thus Spain became a second Jewish homeland. This also coincided with Christopher Columbus' discovering of America, which is home today for more than 5 million Jews outside Israel. Prophetic significance: Jews remain scattered.

6. 1949-1950 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles; coincided with (1) the rebirth of Israel as an independent nation on May 14, 1948, (2) the winning of the Israeli War for Independence and the first official permanent government on January 25th, 1949, and (3) the Knesset passing the "Law of Return" on July 5, 1950 which gave Jews the right to settle in Israel and obtain citizenship . Prophetic significance: Jews regathered, Israel a nation.

7. 1967-1968 AD - Occurred on the Jewish Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles; coincided with the "6-Day War" of June 5-10, 1967 with Israel retaking of Jerusalem and capturing critical portions of land including Judea, Samaria, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank and the Golan Heights. Prophetic significance: Jews regathered, Israel a nation, Jerusalem regained.

8. 2014-2015 AD -

Genesis 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years.

- ATP
Now what are you doing?

Can we stick with a child of God's responsibility and role in their relationship with Jesus Christ?

In order for God's works to be manifested in our life, what is our role? Please be specific.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Axehead said:
Now what are you doing?

Can we stick with a child of God's responsibility and role in their relationship with Jesus Christ?

In order for God's works to be manifested in our life, what is our role? Please be specific.
What is our role? To warn others of coming judgment. Do you understand what I posted there.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
ATP said:
What is our role? To warn others of coming judgment. Do you understand what I posted there.
Before you change the subject, can we finish the other one? What is our role in bringing our will into harmony with the Lord's so that the life of Christ (righteousness, holiness, love) may be manifest in our mortal body? Does it happen by itself or does man have a role to play and what is it, specifically?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Axehead said:
What is our role in bringing our will into harmony with the Lord's so that the life of Christ (righteousness, holiness, love) may be manifest in our mortal body?
Repentance. Isa 55:6-7 NIV Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Axehead said:
Does it happen by itself or does man have a role to play and what is it, specifically?
Rom 2:4 NIV Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
ATP said:
Repentance. Isa 55:6-7 NIV Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Rom 2:4 NIV Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
ATP, nice talking with you but this (conversation) is just not working. Maybe it's me and I am just not making myself clear. Anyway, have a good day.