Zechariah 14?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speaking as a man. The kingdom of God...is not of this world, and the things of the world (including time and engineering) are not the gauge of what is true or possible. All things are possible with God.

So, then, this world is a "creation", a "manifestation", an "image" out of "nothing." These things are true and the word of God.

still, what's that got to do with, what God means as "time" in His reference to Daniel a man in the world. you are allowed to say you don't know what God means by "time", all that evasive dribble doesn't make any sense in reference to the question I asked you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still, what's that got to do with, what God means as "time" in His reference to Daniel a man in the world. you are allowed to say you don't know what God means by "time", all that evasive dribble doesn't make any sense in reference to the question I asked you.
That "dribble" was not evasive, but explains what time is.

Time, as it is spoken of in Daniel, is God's aside, "outer darkness", the fullness thereof being seven.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I believe that all things Prophesied in the Old Testament, Are from the Mouth Of God through His Prophets! and God is not a lair that He should Repent!! Zechariah 5 - I will paraphrase a bit you can go back and read it in it's fullness!! vers 1- I see a flying scroll 20 cubits long, and 10 cubits it's width, approximately 34 feet long and 6 feet in diameter. a scroll when rolled up is cylinder shape. verses 4&5 explain for who! and what it capable of, vers 6 explains that it is a container [ basket] oh and by the way this is what they look like in the future throughout the earth. 7 tells us that the basket [container] has a women in it, THE Hebrew word for woman, is spelled the same as the word for Fire! 8- Tells us that this is Wickedness! and this Fire is thrust into the basket [container] and then covered with lead.
early Hebrew method of measure for width was a line cast about to determine diameter, which is a Greek measurement.
I can only say if you look a any missile today it will have Fins at its base, thin and long like the wings of a stork. India has missiles today which are called, Ogny Two which means two fires, going back to vers 9 there were TWO women!!!
verse 11- says they will be based in Shinar or today Iran,
Not every thing in the Bible was translated to perfection, When the Masorites placed vowel pointing into the Hebrew text you could only think why would you put a fire in a basket, so women was excepted as the best rendering. also some translations say Ephah which was a basket used for measuring grain and they had to meet specific dimensions. Think what you will, But the Earth will be Destroyed by Fire, weather the Fire from the Heavens, or Fire falling from above, due to Man in his infinite we-is-dumb!

ok then a question arises, what about the scuds that came out of the general Mesopotamia area which also includes Babylon which is in Iraq could that be the flying rolls?

also there is mention in chapter 2

Zec_2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

north is eastern Europe, Russia and especially Germany. at the time Germany was massacring Jews they ruled all the land north of Jerusalem.

just throwing it out there.

we are Americans you know, we see in tunnel vision only. same with the temple arguments that go back and forth. no one takes into account the present temple on the mount.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok then a question arises, what about the scuds that came out of the general Mesopotamia area which also includes Babylon which is in Iraq could that be the flying rolls?

also there is mention in chapter 2

Zec_2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

north is eastern Europe, Russia and especially Germany. at the time Germany was massacring Jews they ruled all the land north of Jerusalem.

just throwing it out there.

we are Americans you know, we see in tunnel vision only. same with the temple arguments that go back and forth. no one takes into account the present temple on the mount.

YES! if you can find the dimensions of a scud you will find that they meet the size described in Zechariah, also the land in question was far spread in biblical times.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
all that evasive dribble doesn't make any sense in reference to the question I asked you.
Oh Gosh, here we go again....Is this sort of behavior really necessary? Time (as we know it ) began the millisecond God said :" Light BE !
As God has no beginning and no end, time became a necessary means of measuring everything from the ultimate beginning to the ultimate end ( of the physical realm ) and billions of other beginnings and endings for each and every human on this planet, past, present and future ( for now )....It's simply the 'space' in between any beginning and ending. That was how it was put to me, and I accepted His explanation...Obviously you don't have to, but ask Him for revelation on the subject...Sooo much easier than all of men's speculations put together..... Peace Pia

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Gosh, here we go again....Is this sort of behavior really necessary? Time (as we know it ) began the millisecond God said :" Light BE !
As God has no beginning and no end, time became a necessary means of measuring everything from the ultimate beginning to the ultimate end ( of the physical realm ) and billions of other beginnings and endings for each and every human on this planet, past, present and future ( for now )....It's simply the 'space' in between any beginning and ending. That was how it was put to me, and I accepted His explanation...Obviously you don't have to, but ask Him for revelation on the subject...Sooo much easier than all of men's speculations put together..... Peace Pia

why are you the behavior police?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14:3-21 is the Return of Jesus, that comes 3 1/2 years later, then a description of the Millennium period. The plague referred to in v12 has nothing to do wit nuclear war, but is the effect of Jesus using the Sword of His Word. Revelation 19:21

God will not allow a nuke and radiation pollution in the holy Land. Prophecy is clear: the Lord will send fire from His storehouse, the sun. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Isaiah 30:26-30, Malachi 4:1, Psalms 50:1-3

Not so sure.... Ezekiel seems to describe something that is straight out of current NBC warfare manuals, at least the ones I was familiar with during my time in the military.

Ezekiel 39:12-15 (NKJV) For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land. 13 Indeed all the people of the land will be burying, and they will gain renown for it on the day that I am glorified,” says the Lord God. 14 “They will set apart men regularly employed, with the help of a search party, to pass through the land and bury those bodies remaining on the ground, in order to cleanse it. At the end of seven months they will make a search. 15 The search party will pass through the land; and when anyone sees a man's bone, he shall set up a marker by it, till the buriers have buried it in the Valley of Hamon Gog.

That is the present methodology used in current nuclear contamination scenarios. "set apart men regularly employed" implies government hazardous waste crews. In a nuclear environment, if anyone comes across a bone, they are to mark it for the hazardous disposal teams to remove and bury downwind, in this case, the Valley of Hamon Gog (east of the Dead Sea area). This all implies more than a elevated air burst for EMP effect only.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the media of God. This is story time. History is His story.

Once upon a time.

Do you believe that all Prophecy has been fulfilled, and is it wrong to read the old testament to try to understand what was to be, or become of the people of this earth. When you say story time do you mean to belittle others. Yes the Old Testament is His Story, but it is written to us for our admonition, there are 10 things that Israel did that we are not to repeat, for God said that these 10 times they have withstood Me!!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that all Prophecy has been fulfilled, and is it wrong to read the old testament to try to understand what was to be, or become of the people of this earth. When you say story time do you mean to belittle others. Yes the Old Testament is His Story, but it is written to us for our admonition, there are 10 things that Israel did that we are not to repeat, for God said that these 10 times they have withstood Me!!
All prophecy regarding the Day of the Lord has been fulfilled...which is everything (in Christ). This is His story.

It is not wrong to read the Old Testament, not at all...it's fascinating! But it all points to Christ. As for the people of the earth, these are the times of the gentiles (the outlying nations surrounding Israel). Israel is finished. "It is finished." And the preparations for these times are finished also - Christ finished it all. But just as each came after Adam through the course of time leading up to Messiah, so too, each of the gentiles to be born again of the spirit of God and adopted directly into the family of God, each comes through the course of time, "each in his own order." 1 Corinthians 15:23 The hourglass of time was turned over at the cross.

This being the story time of God (a time, times, and half a time), His story - I belittle not. Heaven forbid!

Indeed, the entire word of God is good for much. His word is Life.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Zechariah 14 is the end of Earth. It will be split up. This is the feast of tabernacles. Souls will be gathered.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so sure.... Ezekiel seems to describe something that is straight out of current NBC warfare manuals, at least the ones I was familiar with during my time in the military.

Ezekiel 39:12-15 (NKJV) For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land. 13 Indeed all the people of the land will be burying, and they will gain renown for it on the day that I am glorified,” says the Lord God. 14 “They will set apart men regularly employed, with the help of a search party, to pass through the land and bury those bodies remaining on the ground, in order to cleanse it. At the end of seven months they will make a search. 15 The search party will pass through the land; and when anyone sees a man's bone, he shall set up a marker by it, till the buriers have buried it in the Valley of Hamon Gog.

That is the present methodology used in current nuclear contamination scenarios. "set apart men regularly employed" implies government hazardous waste crews. In a nuclear environment, if anyone comes across a bone, they are to mark it for the hazardous disposal teams to remove and bury downwind, in this case, the Valley of Hamon Gog (east of the Dead Sea area). This all implies more than a elevated air burst for EMP effect only.

you might be correct there but it would seem that the whole area would be contaminated such as the ground itself, and the neutron bomb tech. was to destroy life only leaving the rest in tacked except for ground 0 of course. so there maybe still a valid argument for EMP.

yea I toke the two week NBC course in Germany back in 77, interesting to say the least.

Reactions: Truth

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All prophecy regarding the Day of the Lord has been fulfilled...which is everything (in Christ). This is His story.

It is not wrong to read the Old Testament, not at all...it's fascinating! But it all points to Christ. As for the people of the earth, these are the times of the gentiles (the outlying nations surrounding Israel). Israel is finished. "It is finished." And the preparations for these times are finished also - Christ finished it all. But just as each came after Adam through the course of time leading up to Messiah, so too, each of the gentiles to be born again of the spirit of God and adopted directly into the family of God, each comes through the course of time, "each in his own order." 1 Corinthians 15:23 The hourglass of time was turned over at the cross.

This being the story time of God (a time, times, and half a time), His story - I belittle not. Heaven forbid!

Indeed, the entire word of God is good for much. His word is Life.

like I said, evasive dig dong dribble:

everyone knows even non-believers that Jesus is supposed to return, the two at the Mt of Olives when Jesus ascended said so. and we all on the planet earth, (of which Scott might not be included) know and can verify that that hasn't been fulfilled as of yet, just as many things God has said will come to pass. and the Prophets described the day of the Lord as something that hasn't happened.

there is no documentation in history of blood to the bridle. nor has the Mt of Olives become a valley as of yet.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14 is the end of Earth. It will be split up. This is the feast of tabernacles. Souls will be gathered.

na, there's to much scripture to say otherwise. end of the world as we know it yes, but the end of the earth not so Jesus is to reign in Zion and that is after all this we are speaking of now happens. the fest of tabernacles is what the Lord will insist that the nations honor (to His satisfaction of course) and will punish them if they don't comply.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like I said, evasive dig dong dribble:

everyone knows even non-believers that Jesus is supposed to return, the two at the Mt of Olives when Jesus ascended said so. and we all on the planet earth, (of which Scott might not be included) know and can verify that that hasn't been fulfilled as of yet, just as many things God has said will come to pass. and the Prophets described the day of the Lord as something that hasn't happened.

there is no documentation in history of blood to the bridle. nor has the Mt of Olives become a valley as of yet.
It is also known that "My sheep hear My voice" which is spirit, and that "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness." Which is the warning, that "the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of", because they did not believe when He said, "Surely I am coming quickly.

Indeed, you being of little faith, these things may never come. But for those who have believed Him and not the teachings of men, he has said [not of the future, but of that very time when He said it]: “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you might be correct there but it would seem that the whole area would be contaminated such as the ground itself, and the neutron bomb tech. was to destroy life only leaving the rest in tacked except for ground 0 of course. so there maybe still a valid argument for EMP.

yea I toke the two week NBC course in Germany back in 77, interesting to say the least.

It is my understanding that the radiation from neutron only contaminates the bones, not buildings and ground, It is like a microwave burst of radiation, and as the scripture states that their eyes will melt in their sockets, their tongues will melt in their mouth, and their flesh will fall from their bones while they still are standing, like well done ribs. If there is a considerable E M P it will take whatever country or nation bake into the dark ages.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my understanding that the radiation from neutron only contaminates the bones, not buildings and ground, It is like a microwave burst of radiation, and as the scripture states that their eyes will melt in their sockets, their tongues will melt in their mouth, and their flesh will fall from their bones while they still are standing, like well done ribs. If there is a considerable E M P it will take whatever country or nation bake into the dark ages.

that would be crispy. correct?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that would be crispy. correct?

I am pretty sure from his post he said EMP pulse. No that doesn't mean crispy. Fact is, if one was off the grid, they wouldn't even notice it. Now, electronics, automobile computers, the power line grid.... yeah, they will be crispy. Given all that we do today is done via electronics, we would essentially be back in the 1800's as a society if we were hit with EMP. Which is most likely how N. Korea or anyone else would do it. Pop a nuke high in the atmosphere above us and most of the country goes down.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am pretty sure from his post he said EMP pulse. No that doesn't mean crispy. Fact is, if one was off the grid, they wouldn't even notice it. Now, electronics, automobile computers, the power line grid.... yeah, they will be crispy. Given all that we do today is done via electronics, we would essentially be back in the 1800's as a society if we were hit with EMP. Which is most likely how N. Korea or anyone else would do it. Pop a nuke high in the atmosphere above us and most of the country goes down.

its intended to be a humorous remark between me and truth. you don't have to give me a lessen in such, I toke the NBC course for NBC NCO back in the 70 while in service. and yes microwave can make things crispy. even flesh. if you microwave flesh it doesn't melt of the bone but it will cook it pretty good, real good.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except America experienced the largest solar flare in history back in the late 1800's, that would have fried all the electronics we have today, and hardly anyone back then noticed it. It fried basic telegraph lines and rudimentary power lines that were starting to be built in cities on East Coast. EMP doesn't necessarily hurt flesh.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
na, there's to much scripture to say otherwise. end of the world as we know it yes, but the end of the earth not so Jesus is to reign in Zion and that is after all this we are speaking of now happens. the fest of tabernacles is what the Lord will insist that the nations honor (to His satisfaction of course) and will punish them if they don't comply.

Christ as He rules now then will also rule in the new temple as the new heavens are being built now as we speak. Yes this earth will be split up part to the south, part to the north, and the rest of the plasma will gather in the center in that they will become moons for the new planets not just one planet, He will rule all them. Even four. Yes He rules in Zion.