Zelensky Was Offered a Peace Deal to Prevent War but Rejected It, deal was to remain neutral =Swiss

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Worth its own thread
Zelenski is one of the bad guys, desiring to be an elite ruler in the NWO is my thinking.

REVEALED: Zelensky Was Offered a Peace Deal to Prevent War, But Rejected It

This may end up being one of the most extraordinary revelations of this entire conflict so far.

One of the main grievances Russia had with Ukraine was the fact that it was being groomed for NATO membership – a national security risk which Moscow deemed as completely unacceptable.

Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal revealed how German chancellor Olaf Scholz had offered Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky a peace deal only days before Russia launched its “Special Military Operations” in Ukraine on February 24th. But Zelensky turned down the deal – claiming that Putin couldn’t be trusted to keep his promises.

It turns out that Scholz was in the process of brokering a deal and told Zelensky during his visit to the Munich Security Conference on February 19th, “that Ukraine should renounce its NATO aspirations and declare neutrality as part of a wider European security deal between the West and Russia,” and that “the pact would be signed by Mr. Putin and Mr. Biden, who would jointly guarantee Ukraine’s security.”

Incredibly, Zelensky rejected the offer to make a concession by declaring NATO neutrality, and thus avoid a war with Russia, and claimed that, “Putin couldn’t be trusted to uphold such an agreement and that most Ukrainians wanted to join NATO.”

This revelation really exposes two key points.

Firstly, that as a head of state, Zelensky is either grossly incompetent or completely reckless to needlessly place his country on the path to war with its neighbour.

Secondly, it indicates the level of control that Washington has over his government, as he is being advised at every step of the way by the US State Department and CIA. It’s no secret that the US and UK have been egging-on Kiev to fight NATO’s war with Russia on their behalf – even if that means placing Kiev into an unwinnable position where it may end up having its armed forces completely destroyed, and Ukraine losing even more territory than it already has.

Maybe Zelensky could have defused tensions 6 months ago by disavowing NATO aspirations and declaring Ukraine a neutral state. Such a declaration would certainly be welcome by Russia today, but in light of the West’s continued proxy war against Moscow, and the US and UK-led campaign to ‘cancel’ Russia from the global economic and financial system, as well as media, culture and sport, then it’s safe to say things have moved on considerably from this being just a NATO issue.

All of this makes Zelensky more a liability than an asset for the future of Ukraine.

Idea was for them to be similar to Switzerland
Why is Switzerland a neutral country?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, that as a head of state, Zelensky is either grossly incompetent or completely reckless to needlessly place his country on the path to war with its neighbor.
Are you saying that a sovereign nation should merely capitulate to any demands placed on it by it's larger neighbor?

I heard Zelensky quoted as saying something like, He doesn't want Ukraine to be like Switzerland, but like Israel.

How can we fault the Ukrainians for not trusting Biden and Putin?

Much love!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you saying that a sovereign nation should merely capitulate to any demands placed on it by it's larger neighbor?

I heard Zelensky quoted as saying something like, He doesn't want Ukraine to be like Switzerland, but like Israel.

Much love!
Are you going to pursue the ways of peace yourself by turning the other check?
Or are you going to fight to the death for some worldly goals to support your pride of life.
His decision has cost maybe a lot more lives than you might think, considering all the follow on effects in how things play out, energy, fertilizer, food, and maybe another wwar.
No room for compromise huh?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Their security was already guaranteed by the nuclear nonproliferation treaty signed in the 90s. If they got rid of their nukes Russia and the West agreed not to use force on them. Lot of good that did them.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their security was already guaranteed by the nuclear nonproliferation treaty signed in the 90s. If they got rid of their nukes Russia and the West agreed not to use force on them. Lot of good that did them.
Do we actually know that Ukraine was not violating the 90's treaty themselves?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Do we actually know that Ukraine was not violating the 90's treaty themselves?
Was Russia claiming they did when the conflict started in 2016?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Russia claiming they did when the conflict started in 2016?
I'm not sure. Perhaps someone will chime in who knows for certain.

I did hear an interview with Putin around that time where he claimed they were about to point nukes at them...where he reasoned that if Mexico or Canada did the same, it would be no different for the US.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going to pursue the ways of peace yourself by turning the other check?
Turning the cheek to a slap or even a punch in the face is not the same thing as handing your family over to a violent gang, is it?

Or are you going to fight to the death for some worldly goals to support your pride of life.

Is the defense of others somehow the pride of life? Since when? And why are you trying to make this out like a personal encounter I've having with someone.

Tell me . . . do you believe there can be a "just war"?

His decision has cost maybe a lot more lives than you might think, considering all the follow on effects in how things play out, energy, fertilizer, food, and maybe another wwar.
No room for compromise huh?

Does "compromise" = "capitulation"? Seems like apples and oranges to me.

Is it really a good idea to appease an aggressor in hopes they will cease their aggression?

Much love!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Turning the cheek to a slap or even a punch in the face is not the same thing as handing your family over to a violent gang, is it?

Is the defense of others somehow the pride of life? Since when? And why are you trying to make this out like a personal encounter I've having with someone.

Tell me . . . do you believe there can be a "just war"?

Does "compromise" = "capitulation"? Seems like apples and oranges to me.

Is it really a good idea to appease an aggressor in hopes they will cease their aggression?

Much love!
Do you take up arms to fight for a kingdom of this world?

Are you one of those Dominionist Christians?

I dont know, I never was in the military and actually glad of that.
I was a kid in my mid teens year at the end of the Vietnam war, the draft was eliminated.
If there is a good and just war, I dont recall of any scripturally, except for the wars in the promised land.
No, wars are evil. I was spared all of that.

James says this
James 4:1-3
New King James Version
Pride Promotes Strife
1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

The world wages wars. I don't think Christians do that.
Like what Paul states in Ephesians 6,
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“that Ukraine should renounce its NATO aspirations and declare neutrality as part of a wider European security deal between the West and Russia,” and that “the pact would be signed by Mr. Putin and Mr. Biden, who would jointly guarantee Ukraine’s security.
And here's why such a bogus "deal" needed to be rejected out of hand.

1. Joe Biden cannot even keep his own borders secure, so how could he guarantee the security of Ukraine's borders?????

2. Since Putin grabbed Crimea illegally in 2014, why should he be trusted to honor any kind of security for Ukraine?????

What should really have happened since 2014 was that Eastern Europe (including Ukraine) and all the Scandinavian countries should have rejected NATO and the EU, and formed their own Defense Pact. There at least 14 countries to the West of Russia which should have stood together against Russian aggression, and left the USA and NATO out of the picture. Then we would never has seen this attack of Ukraine.

Reactions: marks

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worth its own thread
Zelenski is one of the bad guys, desiring to be an elite ruler in the NWO is my thinking.

This may end up being one of the most extraordinary revelations of this entire conflict so far.

One of the main grievances Russia had with Ukraine was the fact that it was being groomed for NATO membership – a national security risk which Moscow deemed as completely unacceptable.

Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal revealed how German chancellor Olaf Scholz had offered Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky a peace deal only days before Russia launched its “Special Military Operations” in Ukraine on February 24th. But Zelensky turned down the deal – claiming that Putin couldn’t be trusted to keep his promises.

It turns out that Scholz was in the process of brokering a deal and told Zelensky during his visit to the Munich Security Conference on February 19th, “that Ukraine should renounce its NATO aspirations and declare neutrality as part of a wider European security deal between the West and Russia,” and that “the pact would be signed by Mr. Putin and Mr. Biden, who would jointly guarantee Ukraine’s security.”

Incredibly, Zelensky rejected the offer to make a concession by declaring NATO neutrality, and thus avoid a war with Russia, and claimed that, “Putin couldn’t be trusted to uphold such an agreement and that most Ukrainians wanted to join NATO.”

Firstly, that as a head of state, Zelensky is either grossly incompetent or completely reckless to needlessly place his country on the path to war with its neighbour.

Secondly, it indicates the level of control that Washington has over his government, as he is being advised at every step of the way by the US State Department and CIA. It’s no secret that the US and UK have been egging-on Kiev to fight NATO’s war with Russia on their behalf – even if that means placing Kiev into an unwinnable position where it may end up having its armed forces completely destroyed, and Ukraine losing even more territory than it already has.

Maybe Zelensky could have defused tensions 6 months ago by disavowing NATO aspirations and declaring Ukraine a neutral state. Such a declaration would certainly be welcome by Russia today, but in light of the West’s continued proxy war against Moscow, and the US and UK-led campaign to ‘cancel’ Russia from the global economic and financial system, as well as media, culture and sport, then it’s safe to say things have moved on considerably from this being just a NATO issue.

All of this makes Zelensky more a liability than an asset for the future of Ukraine.

I wouldn't trust Zelensky as far as I could throw him, and that wouldn't be very far.

This guy has caused more death and atrocities that could've been avoided, yet he is trying to trigger WWIII.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure. Perhaps someone will chime in who knows for certain.

I did hear an interview with Putin around that time where he claimed they were about to point nukes at them...where he reasoned that if Mexico or Canada did the same, it would be no different for the US.
I heard the same and agree.

Reactions: ScottA

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Zelensky Was Offered a Peace Deal to Prevent War but Rejected It, deal was to remain neutral =Swiss
Any deal offered which involves a threat uncovers the fundamental principle of untrustworthiness in the one making the offer.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And more suspicious... Drug dealers wear tracky daks, especially eastern European ones
Never trust a man who works in tracky daks
As a tracky dak wearer, does that make me untrustworthy? or unpretentious

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your not a president but are you.

I love wearing tracky daks too but not at work. LoL
I have considered monkey suits an attempt at looking respectable ....so when one comes in with a yo yo image it makes me look twice.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worth its own thread

So lets see.

1. Putin invades in 2014 and steals the Crimea from the sovereign nation of Ukraine and makes it his own. Killing thousands in the process.

2. Ukraine, being a much smaller nation and with inferior weaponry, seeks protection from Russia by seeking membership in an alliance.

3. Russia says that what a sovereign nation does or does not do that displeases him is cause to invade and kill hundreds of thousands of civilians.

People who think this is a just cause for Russia to invade a sovereign nation and steal even more land from them need professional help.