1 Cosmetic you just can't live without

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok this is a fun thread for all the sisters in the Lord in here, what is 1 Cosmetic you can't live without? me i can't live without lip gloss,

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only 'cosmetic' I use is my moisturising cream. i think young women today use far too much make up and they end up looking like blank faced dolls with thick eyebrows.
Ah, the times they are a changin!
I remember when it was bell bottoms, hip huggers and muttonchop sideburns on guys with long hair was "the norm", ahaha.!!! Now it's to try to look nothing how you look at all! I have several nieces ;)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Toothpaste.

Seldom wear make-up anymore.
The beauty of aging is, take me or leave me.....I don't care....lol.

I like fun threads and they can be interesting.
I'm watching to see how many MEN say eyeliner ( 80's throwbacks)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Toothpaste.

Seldom wear make-up anymore.
The beauty of aging is, take me or leave me.....I don't care....lol.

I like fun threads and they can be interesting.
I'm watching to see how many MEN say eyeliner ( 80's throwbacks)
Hi @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d The OP says the thread is for women, so I wasn't going to post at all. But when you mentioned what men might say, I just wanted to indicate that yes eyeliner is sometimes worn by men in rock bands, etc., (but not by me). But it can certainly be very widely suitable for a woman's repertoire.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As women age we seem to get it.
We dress and make-up up in competition to impress other ladies.
Men could really care less as long as you're well groomed and smell nice.......lol

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As women age we seem to get it.
We dress and make-up up in competition to impress other ladies.
Men could really care less as long as you're well groomed and smell nice.......lol
I used to use make up when I worked - it was a sort of confidence booster. And if wanted a bit more confidence if I was having a revue or something I wore red.

Now though I don't use anything other than a little mascara on special occasions which these days a few and far between. Daily I only use Olay moisturiser. I feel that make up ages me. I am blessed with a good clear complexion.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m an anomaly, I think. I don’t even own any makeup. I’ve worn it in the past. I would go buy some makeup, use it for a few days, then stop because it was so uncomfortable. It just feels yucky to me. Then a few years later, I’d go buy some more because what I had was old and didn’t smell good, and same thing, wear it a few times and then recall that I hated the feeling of it on me!

Sometimes I look at someone with fake eyelashes and I think, oh my gosh, if I couldn’t even stand the feel of mascara on me, I’d probably go insane with those things glued onto my eyes!

Oh, and one time, I was maybe late 20{s, a girlfriend talked me into getting fake nails. It felt so claustrophobic they only lasted 2 days before I got them off.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m an anomaly, I think. I don’t even own any makeup. I’ve worn it in the past. I would go buy some makeup, use it for a few days, then stop because it was so uncomfortable. It just feels yucky to me. Then a few years later, I’d go buy some more because what I had was old and didn’t smell good, and same thing, wear it a few times and then recall that I hated the feeling of it on me!

Sometimes I look at someone with fake eyelashes and I think, oh my gosh, if I couldn’t even stand the feel of mascara on me, I’d probably go insane with those things glued onto my eyes!

They put false eyelashes on me for my brother's wedding. It was irritating.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have always preferred the natural look and have never used foundation - the nearest being a slightly tinted moisturiser from Avon.