3 Kinds of Sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are, generally speaking, three kinds of sin:

(1) Sins of weakness and/or ignorance, sometimes call venial sins: “He that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes” (Luke 12:48); “I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers” (Acts 3:17); “Death reigned . . . over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression” (Rom. 5:14); “The good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me” (Rom. 7:19, 20); “ I did it ignorantly in unbelief” (1 Tim. 1:13); “There is a sin not unto death” (1 John 5:17).

(2) Sins that are fully wilful, sometimes called mortal sins: “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, . . . if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame” (Heb. 6:4, 6); “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins” (Heb. 10:26); “There is a sin unto death” (1 John 5:16).

(3) Sins partly of wilfulness and partly of weakness and/or ignorance, sometimes called mixed sins: “That servant which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did accordance to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes” (Luke 12:47); “Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man . . . And Peter remembered the word of Jesus . . . and he went out, and wept bitterly” (Matt. 26:74, 75).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
3 Kinds of Sins
One's you laugh about
One's you cry about....and
One's you never articulate on christian forums because........well, they can't handle it!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are, generally speaking, three kinds of sin:

(1) Sins of weakness and/or ignorance, sometimes call venial sins: “He that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes” (Luke 12:48); “I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers” (Acts 3:17); “Death reigned . . . over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression” (Rom. 5:14); “The good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me” (Rom. 7:19, 20); “ I did it ignorantly in unbelief” (1 Tim. 1:13); “There is a sin not unto death” (1 John 5:17).

(2) Sins that are fully wilful, sometimes called mortal sins: “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, . . . if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame” (Heb. 6:4, 6); “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins” (Heb. 10:26); “There is a sin unto death” (1 John 5:16).

(3) Sins partly of wilfulness and partly of weakness and/or ignorance, sometimes called mixed sins: “That servant which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did accordance to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes” (Luke 12:47); “Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man . . . And Peter remembered the word of Jesus . . . and he went out, and wept bitterly” (Matt. 26:74, 75).

I never really thought about sins in that way before Ber. I have always considered sin to be in 2 categories, serious, and not so serious. Kinda like lying, lying is lying as sin is sin, but some call a particular kind of lie a little white lie. Some sins listed in the Bible that will keep someone from inheriting the Kingdom of God like those in 1 Cor chap 6:9,10 which I call serious, some like not obeying the speed limit, I seriously doubt would keep you from inheriting the Kingdom, at least I hope not, cause I sin every time I get in a car.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never really thought about sins in that way before Ber. I have always considered sin to be in 2 categories, serious, and not so serious. Kinda like lying, lying is lying as sin is sin, but some call a particular kind of lie a little white lie. Some sins listed in the Bible that will keep someone from inheriting the Kingdom of God like those in 1 Cor chap 6:9,10 which I call serious, some like not obeying the speed limit, I seriously doubt would keep you from inheriting the Kingdom, at least I hope not, cause I sin every time I get in a car.
We all sin my friend ... but there is only ONE sin that will keep us from the entering the Kingdom and that is "the sin unto death"

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all sin my friend ... but there is only ONE sin that will keep us from the entering the Kingdom and that is "the sin unto death"
Yes sir I agree, and few out of everyone will actually commit it; Jesus called it sinning against the holy spirit. Mat 12:31,32

Reactions: RR144

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 Kinds of Sins
One's you laugh about
One's you cry about....and
One's you never articulate on christian forums because........well, they can't handle it!
I took a breath during a song today at a spot our choir director told us not to breathe. That must be category 2.