30y/o from Canada - Hello to all!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Allegiant

May 25, 2015
Canada
Hey, so I signed up here quite a while back because I had some questions (can't remember them all now, but I was and still am very much a loner in the sense that I don't have a church to go to, and I'm also struggling to build faith.) I never got around to posting here about it though. Perhaps I should search the forums and see if there are any good threads for this stuff, or create some threads in the other forums.

I'm not the only person here past my early twenties am I? I know there are very bright young people, and I wouldn't feel out of place, but people somewhere around my age group or slightly older would probably be a greater influence on me - just saying!

Thanks to the creators of this forum. I do remember in my original membership request I mentioned something about not feeling 100% comfortable with calling myself a Christian or something to that effect, but I definitely feel accepted here and it makes me a bit more confident.

So yeah, hey all!

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
Hello!

Welcome to Christianity Board! Don't have a church to go to? We're on the same boat. Build faith? There's a reason why it's called faith you know...

Try listening to hymns like "It is well with my soul".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHe_qmo3gX4

These hymns all have a deeper meaning to the writer. And you will understand Them(God) from there.

God Bless,
David.

Allegiant

May 25, 2015
Canada
davidnelson said:
Hello!

Welcome to Christianity Board! Don't have a church to go to? We're on the same boat. Build faith? There's a reason why it's called faith you know...

Try listening to hymns like "It is well with my soul".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHe_qmo3gX4

These hymns all have a deeper meaning to the writer. And you will understand Them(God) from there.

God Bless,
David.
I'm sure I'm probably using the word in a non-standard way. I have no support for developing informed views either theologically or otherwise Christian living sort of stuff.

I mean I have a sense of morality based off life experience and my understanding of the world, and I'm not discounting that.

I'm used to living autonomously and think most adults live this way whether they want to admit it or not, but the feeling of starting over is very nerve wracking for me, even after months of thinking about it. I'm not a risk taker per se.

Thanks for the link. I checked it out on Wikipedia also for that deeper meaning, and it's a rather empowering story when paired with the hymn.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Allegiant!

91apty.gif
nvy1qr.gif

I hope you enjoy your time here and get to make some new friends and perhaps even create some thought provoking topics...Looking forward to seeing you around the board!
33xx95i.gif

Bless you!
2ed89qb.gif

Brother Joe

Sep 21, 2015
Hello. I'm new here also and thought I would drop in and welcome a few other new members. God bless you.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Allegiant, I'm 28 so not too far behind you! According to our statistics, we actually skew towards older more experienced ages 40s-60s. :)

One of the things I will share with you is that becoming a Christian and being a Christian will never yield of feeling of having arrived. In fact, when you think you have it all figured out, generally that means that Satan's working quite well in your life and pride is probably taking over. I've been there, done that. You can also always see examples of that on the forum here, generally in the eschatology discussion area.

I hope you're still around to share with us, but I think what is going on in your heart (or mind) is that you are beginning to pay perhaps a little more heed to that little tug that says there is more to life. The book of Romans addresses this in that it says all of creation points towards the existence of God. However, in God's wisdom, he doesn't force us into a relationship, but rather leaves many things that point to him.

Feel free to drop me a PM or make a post if you come up with some questions! Welcome!

Allegiant

May 25, 2015
Canada
HammerStone said:
Allegiant, I'm 28 so not too far behind you! According to our statistics, we actually skew towards older more experienced ages 40s-60s. :)

One of the things I will share with you is that becoming a Christian and being a Christian will never yield of feeling of having arrived. In fact, when you think you have it all figured out, generally that means that Satan's working quite well in your life and pride is probably taking over. I've been there, done that. You can also always see examples of that on the forum here, generally in the eschatology discussion area.

I hope you're still around to share with us, but I think what is going on in your heart (or mind) is that you are beginning to pay perhaps a little more heed to that little tug that says there is more to life. The book of Romans addresses this in that it says all of creation points towards the existence of God. However, in God's wisdom, he doesn't force us into a relationship, but rather leaves many things that point to him.
Feel free to drop me a PM or make a post if you come up with some questions! Welcome!
I'm here!

I just realized I come off like a total newb to belief. I may have even presented myself as such, somewhat unwittingly, and maybe for some other reason I don't actually know.

I do have a bit of background, but I think I was really immature when I considered myself a believer at the time, and think it was more of a mental game. The religious language appealed to me. I did believe God existed quite strongly for years and in Jesus, and then I started questioning my beliefs and fell away from that belief.

I look back, and as of now I think it was the best thing that ever happened to me because I've figured a lot of things out and now I actually can come back matured a little, you know, and take advantage of all the information that is out there.

So in a way I'm still kind of a newb. LOL (for example, I never was a church going Christian... what I believed just felt right at the time.)

The doubts have never left me. But neither did the attraction to Christianity, so I've been spending a little time here and there over the time that I've been away, but now something within me is calling me back.

I want to have a go at this, but not the way I was before. Thankfully, I don't think I could. I'm looking to really learn about the faith, the history, many aspects. I even got myself a book to study New Testament Greek. I'll try to be a little more active here though. Thanks for the welcome!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Allegiant said:
I'm here!

I just realized I come off like a total newb to belief. I may have even presented myself as such, somewhat unwittingly, and maybe for some other reason I don't actually know.

I do have a bit of background, but I think I was really immature when I considered myself a believer at the time, and think it was more of a mental game. The religious language appealed to me. I did believe God existed quite strongly for years and in Jesus, and then I started questioning my beliefs and fell away from that belief.

I look back, and as of now I think it was the best thing that ever happened to me because I've figured a lot of things out and now I actually can come back matured a little, you know, and take advantage of all the information that is out there.

So in a way I'm still kind of a newb. LOL (for example, I never was a church going Christian... what I believed just felt right at the time.)

The doubts have never left me. But neither did the attraction to Christianity, so I've been spending a little time here and there over the time that I've been away, but now something within me is calling me back.

I want to have a go at this, but not the way I was before. Thankfully, I don't think I could. I'm looking to really learn about the faith, the history, many aspects. I even got myself a book to study New Testament Greek. I'll try to be a little more active here though. Thanks for the welcome!
A teachable heart and mind are things to cherish and not be apologetic for Allegiant. Koodos for you.

BTW, I am one of the 60 somethings on this site. Have been saved for over 45 years.