A Christian who deny Jesus is God in Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered after I responded to your post if that might be the case.

Your explanation of why you asked me the question you did prompted me to ask him, in a follow-up question, why he said “Christian” rather than “man”. I like your question. I want to see where he goes with it.
Probably round in circles as usual.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 Therefore, we were buried with Him through this baptism into death so that just as God the Father, in all His glory, resurrected the Anointed One, we, too, might walk confidently out of the grave into a new life.
Romans 6:4 (Voice)

God resurrected Jesus. This is language confirming Jesus is not God.

no it says the father resurrected his son

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have theefaith on ignore.
I do as well. I don't have time for all that idolatry. I have also placed everyone who doesn't believe Jesus is God on ignore. It just boggles my mind who anyone would say they're a Christian and then throw out soooo much of the Word so they can hang onto false doctrine. Really, it's blasphemy. I believe this is part of the falling away (from the faith) and people giving heed to seducing spirits and false doctrines.

Reactions: Pearl

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I can’t remember why I even made that statement

What about the statement now?

We could ask and answer, How can a Christian or a Jew be God?

We could also ask and answer, How can a man be God?

The first step though, it seems to me, is to ask and answer the basic question, Can a man be God?

If the answer is no, then there’s no need to ask how.

If the answer is yes, then we need to ask how.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The first step though, it seems to me, is to ask and answer the basic question, Can a man be God?

can one person have two nature's

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do as well. I don't have time for all that idolatry. I have also placed everyone who doesn't believe Jesus is God on ignore. It just boggles my mind who anyone would say they're a Christian and then throw out soooo much of the Word so they can hang onto false doctrine. Really, it's blasphemy. I believe this is part of the falling away (from the faith) and people giving heed to seducing spirits and false doctrines.
I'm trying to do that too as I have no desire to be continually bombarded with heresy.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

It is by faith we can see and believe that Jesus is God - fully man and fully God. Logic doesn't come into this at all, just as logically a virgin can't give birth.

Reactions: Matthias and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only body and soul!

intellect and will are the higher parts of the soul
This verse speaks of the body (joints and marrow) as well as the soul and the spirit.

Hebrews 4:12

[12]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is by faith we can see and believe that Jesus is God - fully man and fully God.

If that’s what you see and believe by faith then that’s what you see and believe. The problem I have with that is deciding that that’s what other people must see and believe in order to be Christian. That’s the path the RCC took and Protestantism, for the most part, has stayed on that path. There was a time in Church history when what you see and believe isn’t what the Church saw and believed.

The Bible itself doesn’t require anyone to believe “Jesus is God - fully man and fully God.” That comes from the Church; we can locate it in Church history, centuries after the apostles died.

I believe Jesus is God. I believe Jesus is a human person. There’s no room for me in your faith tradition. I would have been persecuted, tortured, and killed by your spiritual ancestors.

Logic doesn't come into this at all…

Logic did come into it for those who eventually developed the doctrine of the hypostatic union.

…just as logically a virgin can't give birth.

With the technology available today, virgins may become pregnant and give birth without engaging in sexual relations with a man.

That technology wasn’t available until late in the 20th century. There are reported cases of women becoming pregnant without having sexual relations with a man. How much stock we should put in those reports is debatable.

Setting all that aside, it’s logical to me that God could miraculously cause a virgin to become pregnant and give birth without the virgin having sexual relations with a man - and perish the thought that God would have to have sexual relations with a virgin in order to work the miracle.

I believe in the virgin birth. I believe Jesus was miraculously begotten by the Father and conceived by the virgin, Mary. That places the origin of Jesus in the womb of his mother.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse speaks of the body (joints and marrow) as well as the soul and the spirit.

Hebrews 4:12

[12]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

like I said body and soul

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like I said body and soul
Why do you people completely and willfully ignore the parts of scripture that you don't want to see?? I know that you can read and that you see the word "spirit" in that scripture.

Zechariah 7:11
[11]But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.

Matthew 13:14-15
[14]And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
[15]For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@theefaith which translation(s) of the Bible do you use? I assume you use one or more Catholic translation. I’ve used both Catholic and Protestant translations when posting to you. Are you amenable to Protestant translations or do you insist on a Catholic translation?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I grabbed this on the fly. I haven’t read the article in full. I didn’t even bother to check to see who wrote it. It could have been typed by a chimpanzee for all I know. Whatever the source, it contains the concept I searched for.

“We need to walk according to the divine nature, partake of the divine nature, and express the divine nature …”

(agodman, “Experiencing the Transformed Human Nature, Standing in Faith, and Being Balanced”)

Experiencing the Transformed Human Nature, Standing in Faith, and Being Balanced

Out and about, but I’ll return later this afternoon.