A Christian who deny Jesus is God in Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought if we follow the logic it would mean they are Jesus, but if Jesus is the Most High then I guess they would be the Most High as well.

There is something to this logic but it goes against trinitarianism. We are all destined to be God (divinity in us). Christianity's end game.

23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.
1 Corinthians 15:23-28 (ESV)

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, you rely on deception. The verse does NOT say Jesus is the LORD, merely that he is Lord. I agree with 1 Corinthians 12:3, not your trinitarian usurpation of the Most High.

3 Therefore I want you to know that no one speaking by the [power and influence of the] Spirit of God can say, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is [my] Lord,” except by [the power and influence of] the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:3 (Amplified Bible)

Of course, you have gone to a different translation and have heaped to yourself a teacher in the translator of that translation to tell you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

This is what the verse really says (in the kjv),

1Co 12:3, Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

It should be clear that there is one Lord, Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6); and therefore even in the translation that you have hand-picked for yourself to tell you what you want to hear, if Jesus is Lord, He is the Lord; for there is really only one Lord.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, you have gone to a different translation and have heaped to yourself a teacher in the translator of that translation to tell you what your itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

This is what the verse really says (in the kjv),

1Co 12:3, Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

It should be clear that there is one Lord, Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6); and therefore even in the translation that you have hand-picked for yourself to tell you what you want to hear, if Jesus is Lord, He is the Lord; for there is really only one Lord.

Talk about itching ears. You have to rely on the most error prone translation available today, which often transposed trinitarian ideology onto unitarian text, and disregard all other translations, which does not say 'the LORD'. Even KJV does not say the LORD, merely Lord.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk about itching ears. You have to rely on the most error prone translation available today, which often transposed trinitarian ideology onto unitarian text, and disregard all other translations, which does not say 'the LORD'. Even KJV does not say the LORD, merely Lord.
Even though it merely says Lord and not LORD, it is there referring to the Father; because when we use the biblical hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv), we will find the truth when we compare the scripture in question to Ephesians 4:5 and Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROFLMAO. Words mean whatever you want them to mean.
Seriously, man, the Lord is the Father according to Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21 and Ephesians 4:5.

You can have the reaction of laughing at the reality, as though it were not the reality, or you can look up the scriptures in question and see that it is the reality.

Your choice.

And, of course your reaction is not any different from the reaction that certain ones had towards our Lord,

Mat 9:24, He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.

Mar 5:40, And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying.

Luk 8:53, And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 Therefore, we were buried with Him through this baptism into death so that just as God the Father, in all His glory, resurrected the Anointed One, we, too, might walk confidently out of the grave into a new life.
Romans 6:4 (Voice)

God resurrected Jesus. This is language confirming Jesus is not God.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
There is something to this logic but it goes against trinitarianism. We are all destined to be God (divinity in us). Christianity's end game.

23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.
1 Corinthians 15:23-28 (ESV)

this is where i agree with eastern thought, Hindu / Buddha, we are all a thought of the Most High or we are all just a dream of the Most High. something modern Christianity doesnt explain to well, i am sure Jesus and the 12 explained it just fine, rome took thhat info and swept it under the rug. if the people had that knowledge they wouldnt be able to manipulate us as easy.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is where i agree with eastern thought, Hindu / Buddha, we are all a thought of the Most High or we are all just a dream of the Most High. something modern Christianity doesnt explain to well, i am sure Jesus and the 12 explained it just fine, rome took thhat info and swept it under the rug.

Thereby, undermining the Good News of Jesus Christ, the first fruit, which means other fruit to follow. He WAS the only Son of God but no more. We are all children of God.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@WaterSong but I think you missed the most important bit, death is complete and utter seperation from God, God cannot separate Himself from Him self.
Romans 8:35-39
[35]Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[36]As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[37]Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
[38]For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[39]Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed teh point He found me years ago, you wont find Jesus in te hbible He is wating for you to turn to Him so you can have a "relationship" with Him, you cannot do that with a book, but if your prfere it more than Him, your dpoing.

Matthew 22:29
[29]Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Proverbs 4:20-22
[20]My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
[21]Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
[22]For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Romans 10:17
[17]So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Psalm 119:8
[8]I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Romans 15:4
[4]For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

2 Timothy 3:13-16
[13]But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
[14]But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
[15]And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
[16]All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 24:35
[35]Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Hebrews 4:12-13
[12]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
[13]Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Jeremiah 15:16
[16]Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Just wondering about that comment. You said Jew rather than man which I thought was a bit odd.

Thanks.

I was responding to post #1050. @theefaith said Christian rather than man.

Did you wonder about his comment? Did you find what he said a bit odd? Did it raise the question in your mind, Does @theefaith not like Christians?

I wondered about his comment. I thought it a bit odd. It raised a question in my mind but that question wasn’t whether or not he liked Christians.

The question in my mind has to do with Moses, Jesus and the Jewish law of agency. That’s where I was going with my question to him.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks.

I was responding to post #1050. @theefaith said Christian rather than man.

Did you wonder about his comment? Did you find what he said a bit odd? Did it raise the question in your mind, Does @theefaith not like Christians?

I wondered about his comment. I thought it a bit odd. It raised a question in my mind but that question wasn’t whether or not he liked Christians.

The question in my mind has to do with Moses, Jesus and the Jewish law of agency. That’s where I was going with my question to him.
I have theefaith on ignore.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have theefaith on ignore.

I wondered after I responded to your post if that might be the case.

Your explanation of why you asked me the question you did prompted me to ask him, in a follow-up question, why he said “Christian” rather than “man”. I like your question. I want to see where he goes with it.