A Christian who deny Jesus is God in Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you people completely and willfully ignore the parts of scripture that you don't want to see?? I know that you can read and that you see the word "spirit" in that scripture.

Zechariah 7:11
[11]But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.

Matthew 13:14-15
[14]And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
[15]For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

You said
“soul andspirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a d
Yes. I’m asking if it has happened to you.

No not to any bust Christ alone

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I’m asking if it has happened to you.

nope

From the penny catechism (teaching)

17. What is God?

God is the supreme Spirit, who alone exists of himself, and is infinite in all perfection.

18. Why is God called Almighty?

God is called 'Almighty' because he can do all things; 'For God everything is possible'. (Matt. 19:26)

19. Why is God called Creator of heaven and earth?

God is called 'Creator of heaven and earth' because he made heaven and earth, and all things, out of nothing, by his word.

20. Had God any beginning?

God had no beginning: he always was, he is, and he always will be.

21. Where is God?

God is everywhere.

22. Does God know and see all things?

God knows and sees all things, even our most secret thoughts.

23. Had God any body?

God has no body; he is a spirit.

24. Is there only one God?

There is only one God.

25. Are there three Persons in God?

There are three Persons in God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

26. Are these three Persons three Gods?

These three Persons are not three Gods: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all one and the same God.

27. What is the mystery of the Three Persons in one God called?

The mystery of the three Persons in one God is called the mystery of the Blessed Trinity.

28. What do you mean by a mystery?

By a mystery I mean a truth which is above reason, but revealed by God.

29. Is there any likeness to the Blessed Trinity in your soul?

There is this likeness to the Blessed Trinity in my soul: that as in one God there are three Persons, so in my one soul there are three powers.

30. Which are the three powers of your soul?

The three powers of my soul are my memory, my understanding, and my will.

The Second Article of the Creed

31. What is the second article of the Creed?

The second article of the Creed is, 'and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord'.

32. Who is Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ is God the Son, made man for us.

33. Is Jesus Christ truly God?

Jesus Christ is truly God.

34. Why is Jesus Christ truly God?

Jesus Christ is truly God because he has one and the same nature with God the Father.

35. Was Jesus Christ always God?

Jesus Christ was always God, born of the Father from all eternity.

36. Which Person of the Blessed Trinity is Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity.

37. Is Jesus Christ truly man?

Jesus Christ is truly man.

38. Why is Jesus Christ truly man?

Jesus Christ is truly man because he has the nature of man, having a body and soul like ours.

39. Was Jesus Christ always man?

Jesus Christ was not always man. He has been man only from the time of his Incarnation.

40. What do you mean by the Incarnation?

I mean by the Incarnation that God the Son took to himself the nature of man: 'the Word was made Flesh'. (John 1:14)

41. How many natures are there in Jesus Christ?

There are two natures in Jesus Christ, the nature of God and the nature of man.

42. Is there only one Person in Jesus Christ?

There is only one Person in Jesus Christ, which is the Person of God the Son.

43. Why was God the Son made man?

God the Son was made man to redeem us from sin and hell, and to teach us the way to heaven.

44. What does the holy name Jesus mean?

The holy name Jesus means Saviour. (Matt. 1:21)

45. What does the name Christ mean?

The name Christ means Anointed.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith which translation(s) of the Bible do you use? I assume you use one or more Catholic translation. I’ve used both Catholic and Protestant translations when posting to you. Are you amenable to Protestant translations or do you insist on a Catholic translation?

I only use the KJV and Wycliffe versions when doing apologetics
And usually from the Bible alone cos that’s what most people will accept but my preference is an English translation of the original Latin vulgate or the douay-rheims

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I only use the KJV and Wycliffe versions when doing apologetics

Thank you. I’ll try to remember that.

I do find it curious though that you don’t use Catholic translations for apologetics. Is that because you choose to use a Protestant translation when speaking with Protestants, or is there another reason?

Given what you’ve said about Catholics being the true Christians, I wasn’t expecting to hear you say that you used Protestant translations. It’s fine that you do but it sounds counterintuitive to me.

And usually from the Bible alone cos that’s what most people will accept but my preference is an English translation of the original Latin vulgate or the douay-rheims

Got it. The Protestant translations for apologetics and Catholic translations for private.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
nope

From the penny catechism (teaching)

17. What is God?

God is the supreme Spirit, who alone exists of himself, and is infinite in all perfection.

18. Why is God called Almighty?

God is called 'Almighty' because he can do all things; 'For God everything is possible'. (Matt. 19:26)

19. Why is God called Creator of heaven and earth?

God is called 'Creator of heaven and earth' because he made heaven and earth, and all things, out of nothing, by his word.

20. Had God any beginning?

God had no beginning: he always was, he is, and he always will be.

21. Where is God?

God is everywhere.

22. Does God know and see all things?

God knows and sees all things, even our most secret thoughts.

23. Had God any body?

God has no body; he is a spirit.

24. Is there only one God?

There is only one God.

25. Are there three Persons in God?

There are three Persons in God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

26. Are these three Persons three Gods?

These three Persons are not three Gods: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all one and the same God.

27. What is the mystery of the Three Persons in one God called?

The mystery of the three Persons in one God is called the mystery of the Blessed Trinity.

28. What do you mean by a mystery?

By a mystery I mean a truth which is above reason, but revealed by God.

29. Is there any likeness to the Blessed Trinity in your soul?

There is this likeness to the Blessed Trinity in my soul: that as in one God there are three Persons, so in my one soul there are three powers.

30. Which are the three powers of your soul?

The three powers of my soul are my memory, my understanding, and my will.

The Second Article of the Creed

31. What is the second article of the Creed?

The second article of the Creed is, 'and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord'.

32. Who is Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ is God the Son, made man for us.

33. Is Jesus Christ truly God?

Jesus Christ is truly God.

34. Why is Jesus Christ truly God?

Jesus Christ is truly God because he has one and the same nature with God the Father.

35. Was Jesus Christ always God?

Jesus Christ was always God, born of the Father from all eternity.

36. Which Person of the Blessed Trinity is Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity.

37. Is Jesus Christ truly man?

Jesus Christ is truly man.

38. Why is Jesus Christ truly man?

Jesus Christ is truly man because he has the nature of man, having a body and soul like ours.

39. Was Jesus Christ always man?

Jesus Christ was not always man. He has been man only from the time of his Incarnation.

40. What do you mean by the Incarnation?

I mean by the Incarnation that God the Son took to himself the nature of man: 'the Word was made Flesh'. (John 1:14)

41. How many natures are there in Jesus Christ?

There are two natures in Jesus Christ, the nature of God and the nature of man.

42. Is there only one Person in Jesus Christ?

There is only one Person in Jesus Christ, which is the Person of God the Son.

43. Why was God the Son made man?

God the Son was made man to redeem us from sin and hell, and to teach us the way to heaven.

44. What does the holy name Jesus mean?

The holy name Jesus means Saviour. (Matt. 1:21)

45. What does the name Christ mean?

The name Christ means Anointed.

There’s way too much in your for me to do justice to in a single response. I’ll cut to the chase:

I expect Christians to be Christlike - Godlike, if you prefer. I don’t think that’s really possible without being filled with the Holy Spirit. If it is only our human nature on display then there won’t be much resemblance.

When I see a Christian, I see Christ, to varying degrees.

When I see Christ, I see God, not the Trinity.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No not to any bust Christ alone

Thanks. I see the divine nature in all Christians. I guess that means that I don’t see you as you see yourself. I wasn’t expecting the conversation to take that turn.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats your understanding not the truth. You sit here and deny men salvation simply because they dont believe as you do. Jesus must be the greatest liar of all.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
This is just a huge misunderstanding.

If a driver looses his license, is he still a driver? If he gets his license back, is he again a driver?

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Philippians 2:5-8
Those of you who are only looking at Jesus as that temporary "bondservant"...will not want to hold that narrative when you come before Him.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The NASB is my “workhorse” translation @theefaith but for private reading you might be surprised to hear that I prefer and enjoy the NABRE - a Catholic translation.

I customarily follow a Bible reading plan every year. I have a preference for reading the Bible in chronological order but this year I’m using a plan that isn’t chronological. Two days ago the reading included 1 Samuel 28. I’d like you to take a look at 1 Samuel 28:18 with me and tell me what you think.

This is King Saul speaking with the witch at Endor.

“The king said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, but what do you see?’ And the woman said to Saul, ‘I see a divine being coming up out of the earth.’”

(NASB)

“But the king said to her, ‘Do not be afraid; but what do you see?’ ‘I see a god rising from the earth,’ she replied.”

(NABRE)

“And the king said unto her, ‘Be not afraid; for what sawest thou?’ And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.’”

(KJV)

“And the king said to her, ‘Do not thou dread (Fear not); what hast thou seen?’ And the woman said to Saul, ‘I saw gods ascending from [the] earth.’”

(WYC)

I’ve bolded the words and phrases I’d like to hear your thoughts on.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s way too much in your for me to do justice to in a single response. I’ll cut to the chase:

I expect Christians to be Christlike - Godlike, if you prefer. I don’t think that’s really possible without being filled with the Holy Spirit. If it is only our human nature on display then there won’t be much resemblance.

When I see a Christian, I see Christ, to varying degrees.

When I see Christ, I see God, not the Trinity.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

I’m familiar with the passage. What do you want say about it?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I see the divine nature in all Christians. I guess that means that I don’t see you as you see yourself. I wasn’t expecting the conversation to take that turn.

God became man not the other way around Isa 7:14 Matt 1:23

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
God became man not the other way around Isa 7:14 Matt 1:23

That’s not at all what I see Isaiah (a Jew, not a trinitarian!) saying, nor is that what I see Matthew saying happened. Luke 1:35 seals it for me. The angel states precisely the reason why Jesus would be called the Son of God.

Man is called “God” (Heb. elohim; Gk. theos) in scripture. That’s what I’m trying to get you to address.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
defends his divinity

I believe Jesus is divine.

I’d still like to hear your thoughts on 1 Samuel 28:18. NASB has the witch at Endor saying to Saul that she saw a divine being coming up out of the earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus is divine.

I’d still like to hear your thoughts on 1 Samuel 28:18. NASB has the witch at Endor saying to Saul that she saw a divine being coming up out of the earth.

1 Sam 28:18 Just as you did not obey the Lord and did not execute His fierce wrath on Amalek, so the Lord has done this thing to you this day.

wrong verse???

how can you believe Jesus is divine and reject both the trinity and modelism?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
1 Sam 28:18 Just as you did not obey the Lord and did not execute His fierce wrath on Amalek, so the Lord has done this thing to you this day.

wrong verse???

Yes. Thank you. I don’t know why I wrote that it was verse 18. The passage I’m asking about is verse 13.

how can you believe Jesus is divine and reject both the trinity and modelism?

I’m a Jewish monotheist and Jesus is a Jewish monotheist. We aren’t trinitarians and we aren’t modalists.

When I say that I believe Jesus is divine I’m saying that I believe Jesus is Godlike.