• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was educated throughout by Catholic education. I didn't know what a Bible was until I saw one on my protestant grandmother's book shelf. For some reason it scared me. I was about 14.
Wow!
I can think of a very long period in history, continuing to this day, when a number of powerful people in authority are actively trampling truth into the mud.
Surely, but it takes a village. Most of us elect our leaders. And how many of us are praying for them? Not me—not like I do for others. They get honorable mention once in a while. :(

Reactions: bbyrd009

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, didnt what start?
"Absolute truth"
“truth in ______,”
I like "truth as it is in Jesus."
i guess we know It when we hear It huh
I don't know about that.
i thought it was pretty good myself :)
You guys are gonna give me the big head. :eek:
i wonder if the best leaders are not the reluctant ones
Often, I'd say. It seems to work that way a lot for prophets.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth?

Truth is--not in the beginning [actually] for this is of God who is without beginning or end, but in the twinkling of an eye, God by the light of Christ fathered the creation of the media of God shining forth as through a prism all that is written into a time, times, and the half of time, which are with men but not with God, both backward to that would-be beginning and forward to that would-be end, in Christ, the Beginning and the End. Wherein freewill was and is until the fullness thereof, which is the extension of God as a king extends his territory and his subjects for his on glory. That darkness should not go or follow, but only the light of truth in Christ. This is the judgement and the doing of God according to His own will.​
I have no idea how that is a response to what I said......can we just stick to the topic at hand and the relevance of the response.....in plain English.....please. :confused:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i wonder if the best leaders are not the reluctant ones
There are two passages in the Bible that I believe are relevant to this point of “leadership”. (These are not the only ones but for the sake of the topic they speak volumes IMO)

In dressing down the hypocritical Pharisees, Jesus said.....All the works they do, they do to be seen by men, for they broaden the scripture-containing cases that they wear as safeguards and lengthen the fringes of their garments. 6 They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues 7 and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men. But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among you must be your minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.” (Matthew 23:8-11)

For Christians there can only be one “Leader.....the Christ”. That means no high ranking religious titles or distinctive garments....all were to be “brothers”, equal in God’s service. “Ministers” are servants, so there were positions of service but these were not positions of power, which always corrupts humans as we are well aware. This is what took “the church” off on the wrong road in the early centuries.....their leaders became just like the Pharisees.

The second verse is in Hebrews 13:17
Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over you as those who will render an account, so that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you.”

We can see that there are those who “take the lead” as God has always had positions of service in his congregated people to keep order and to maintain spiritual standards of conduct and worship. Those ‘taking the lead’ had to have spiritual qualifications and they had to follow the lead of Christ, since he is their authority. God appointed his son, and the son has appointed his elect to help and guide his other servants.

So we are all “servants” of the same God, Jehovah.....even Jesus is described as “God’s holy servant” (Acts 4:27) so, since all are servants, no one has any right to be called a “leader” as someone of importance. There were no leadership roles for women in God’s arrangement even though some women were mentioned as examples of faith...they always knew their place in God’s headship arrangement. (1 Corinthians 11:3) Christ also had a head above him.

“Elders” or “older men” were to shepherd the sheep and watch over them as God’s possession, even as Jesus did when he walked the earth. He showed us how precious every single one of them is to his Father....and to him for whom he gave his life. But for those who misrepresent his Father to others, and who teach lies about him, like the Pharisees, they will not see life again. Those taking the lead are doubly accountable. Nothing is hidden from the Father’s eyes. (Hebrews 4:13)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Same here! Except the grandmother part, they were both devout Catholics.

In CCD, we were not taught out of the Bible but a thing of man called a catechism.
Thinking about this again this morning, I am thinking that perhaps(it was 65 years ago) I was more afraid of my grandmother than the Bible itself... Or a bit of both. Why afraid of my grandmother? Maybe I was characterizing her the way I had learned of the priests and brothers who taught me. I was expecting, "don't touch that holy bible, it's sacred, you can't touch it or read it'. I think most of us Catholics of that period considered the Bible as being exclusively belonging to the priest class, the laity and common garden gnomes were forbidden to read, understand, even own one. Hence we had catechisms and missals. (I think from memory a type of devotional).

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was expecting, "don't touch that holy bible, it's sacred, you can't touch it or read it'.

Me too. I recall the priest giving the impression that even a copy we might touch is too holy as it’s contents can hardly be understood by the greatest theologians over 1,000’s of years, let alone a layman.

Additionally, our desire to read it ourselves WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF A PRIEST reveals a covetous and pride we ought to ask forgiveness for such sinfulness.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Me too. I recall the priest giving the impression that even a copy we might touch is too holy as it’s contents can hardly be understood by the greatest theologians over 1,000’s of years, let alone a layman.

Additionally, our desire to read it ourselves WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF A PRIEST reveals a covetous and pride we ought to ask forgiveness for such sinfulness.
Memory can play tricks, especially after such a long time. I was an altar boy for many years. I could recite by heart most of the mass in Latin. I remember in the pulpit was a massive Bible used by the priest when delivering his sermon. But that pulpit... And the Bible in it, was out of bounds. God forbid we enter there. I think it was held with greater fear and wonder than the tabernacle itself which contained the host/wafer. Certainly it was of no dire import that we take a swig from the wine bottle from time to time. But enter the pulpit,? That was a shooting offense.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How one hears determines everything. The how sets in motion a seeing other than solely cognitive.

How did Pilate hear when Jesus was brought before him and Pilate asked 'what is truth'?
How did Nicodemas hear when Jesus spoke of being born again?
How did Peter hear when Jesus said he would die in Jerusalem?
How did Paul hear when on his mission on the Damascus road?
How did the disciples hear when Jesus warned them about the yeast of the Pharisees?
How do we hear when Jesus says 'unless you become as a small child you will in no wise enter the Kingdom of Heaven'

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How one hears determines everything. The how sets in motion a seeing other than solely cognitive.

How did Pilate hear when Jesus was brought before him and Pilate asked 'what is truth'?
How did the disciples hear when Jesus warned them about the yeast of the Pharisees?
How do we hear when Jesus says 'unless you become as a small child you will in no wise enter the Kingdom of Heaven'
Very nice.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello @quietthinker,

Interesting points to consider, thank you. My mind goes to Galatians 3:1-8:-

'O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth,
before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
This only would I learn of you,
Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you,
doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith,
preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.'

(Gal 3:1-8)

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There are two passages in the Bible that I believe are relevant to this point of “leadership”. (These are not the only ones but for the sake of the topic they speak volumes IMO)

In dressing down the hypocritical Pharisees, Jesus said.....All the works they do, they do to be seen by men, for they broaden the scripture-containing cases that they wear as safeguards and lengthen the fringes of their garments. 6 They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues 7 and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men. But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among you must be your minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.” (Matthew 23:8-11)

For Christians there can only be one “Leader.....the Christ”. That means no high ranking religious titles or distinctive garments....all were to be “brothers”, equal in God’s service. “Ministers” are servants, so there were positions of service but these were not positions of power, which always corrupts humans as we are well aware. This is what took “the church” off on the wrong road in the early centuries.....their leaders became just like the Pharisees.

The second verse is in Hebrews 13:17
Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over you as those who will render an account, so that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you.”

We can see that there are those who “take the lead” as God has always had positions of service in his congregated people to keep order and to maintain spiritual standards of conduct and worship. Those ‘taking the lead’ had to have spiritual qualifications and they had to follow the lead of Christ, since he is their authority. God appointed his son, and the son has appointed his elect to help and guide his other servants.

So we are all “servants” of the same God, Jehovah.....even Jesus is described as “God’s holy servant” (Acts 4:27) so, since all are servants, no one has any right to be called a “leader” as someone of importance. There were no leadership roles for women in God’s arrangement even though some women were mentioned as examples of faith...they always knew their place in God’s headship arrangement. (1 Corinthians 11:3) Christ also had a head above him.

“Elders” or “older men” were to shepherd the sheep and watch over them as God’s possession, even as Jesus did when he walked the earth. He showed us how precious every single one of them is to his Father....and to him for whom he gave his life. But for those who misrepresent his Father to others, and who teach lies about him, like the Pharisees, they will not see life again. Those taking the lead are doubly accountable. Nothing is hidden from the Father’s eyes. (Hebrews 4:13)
im mostly struck by the apparent contrast in your first Quote and your second; on the one hand they are castigated, and on the other we are called to be submissive to them. How do you reconcile these, someone will ask

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Absolute truth"
ah well, something we do not maybe often realize, but when we make a statement we assume an absolute truth; thus to me it is you who invoked the concept
I like "truth as it is in Jesus."
seems to me that Word is alive and active, right, so i wonder if our concept of truth might be skewed into a static thing that it is not? Iow we often seek a fact, that we might call it “truth”
I don't know about that.
i submit that Word is spoken or more often heard, in the Bible, although synonyms are sometimes used too

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a strange thing to consider that one man’s truth is another man’s falsehood....
It certainly is. As is evidenced by the exponential popularity of pluralism we see today. It is a strange paradox to me that while I view religious liberty as paramount, being a large part of what the Sacrifice of Calvary offers, I do still believe wholeheartedly that we should, if drawing closer to Jesus in allowing Him to change our "mind," also be coming closer to each other in "mind" and purpose.
it all depends on what is in our heart, and what we (it) are looking for....what appeals to us. God will not interfere with our heart’s desire and will stand back until he sees who we reveal ourselves to be....of our own free will. Only when we show him our true selves will he then "draw" us to the truth....his truth. (John 6:44; 65)
I would tend to agree with this. Not sure about the order of events, but I have a looser view of that kind of thing, anyway, so...

This is at least part of my understanding of the process of regeneration or conversion:

A person may not be able to tell the exact time or place, or trace all the chain of circumstances in the process of conversion; but this does not prove him to be unconverted. Christ said to Nicodemus, “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit.” John 3:8. Like the wind, which is invisible, the effects of which are plainly seen and felt, is the Spirit of God in its work upon the human heart. That regenerating power, which no human eye can see, begets a new life in the soul; it creates a new being in the image of God. While the work of the Spirit is silent and imperceptible, its effects are noticeable. If the heart has been renewed by the Spirit of God, the life will bear witness to the fact. While we cannot do anything to change our hearts or to bring ourselves into harmony with God; while we must not trust at all to ourselves or our good works, our lives will reveal whether the grace of God is dwelling within us. A change will be seen in the character, the habits, the interests. The contrast will be clear and decided between what they have been and what they are. The character is revealed, not by occasional good deeds and occasional not-so-good deeds, but by the tendency of the habitual words and acts.—Steps To Christ - EGW

So let’s start at the beginning......
From my studies, I understand that we are all basically ‘on trial’ in this life or rather that the exercise of our free will is being tested. We have an adversary who will stop at nothing to separate us from our Creator. Deception is his MO and has been from the beginning. From God’s perspective, what happened in Eden had to be addressed so that it could never happen again. How God handled this rebellion was going to set the scene for all time to come....an object lesson so very raw and powerful that it would bring out the best and the worst in people.

Can't argue much with this, either. "Trial" or "probation" is exactly what Adam and Eve lost for us in the Garden. Since sin became a part of them after partaking of it, their self-inflicted tendency toward selfishness became part of what is passed on to us at conception, so that we begin to act and think selfishly before we even emerge from the womb. Adam and Eve were in the full vigor of mental and physical ability when their loyalty to God was tested. But by the time we understand what sin is, we have already made it a way of life (without even the application of the adversary's deceptions), and therefore our probation must be purchased by a Kinsman Redeemer which, unfortunately, we can only accept after we have already sinned.

Some of the points you make later on are not too clear to me, but the gist of the discussion at present seems to be the entrance of the sin into the universe and the permission and patience of God in allowing it to run its course. To get to the bottom of this, one has to use a combination of philosophical disciplines since used alone, as many philosophers are keen to do, the spiritual nature of God and His creation is not discernable. I won't get into that any further, as the nuts and bolts of it only complicate the pertinent issues. The reason I bring it up is that many people view "truth" as a merely intellectual pursuit, which simply cannot be the case, otherwise "the simple" would be unjustly limited in their understanding of truth. And I have seen firsthand evidence of the study of the Bible literally expanding and enlarging the intellect of believers in Christ.

Time out to explore this a little.

As an educating power, the Bible is without a rival. In the word of God the mind finds subject for the deepest thought, the loftiest aspiration. The Bible is the most instructive history that men possess. It came fresh from the fountain of eternal truth, and a divine hand has preserved its purity through all the ages. It lights up the far-distant past, where human research seeks vainly to penetrate. In God's word we behold the power that laid the foundation of the earth and that stretched out the heavens. Here only can we find a history of our race, unsullied by human prejudice or human pride. Here are recorded the struggles, the defeats, and the victories of the greatest men this world has ever known. Here the great problems of duty and destiny are unfolded. The curtain that separates the visible from the invisible world is lifted, and we behold the conflict of the opposing forces of good and evil, from the first entrance of sin, to the final triumph of righteousness and truth; and all is but a revelation of the character of God. In the reverent contemplation of the truths presented in his word, the mind of the student is brought into communion with the infinite mind. Such a study will not only refine and ennoble the character, but it cannot fail to expand and invigorate the mental powers.—Christian Education - EGW

The Bible is its own expositor. Scripture is to be compared with scripture. The student should learn to view the word as a whole, and to see the relation of its parts. He should gain a knowledge of its grand central theme, of God's original purpose for the world, of the rise of the great controversy, and of the work of redemption. He should understand the nature of the two principles that are contending for supremacy, and should learn to trace their working through the records of history and prophecy, to the great consummation. He should see how this controversy enters into every phase of human experience; how in every act of life he himself reveals the one or the other of the two antagonistic motives; and how, whether he will or not, he is even now deciding upon which side of the controversy he will be found.--Education - EGW

(Sorry about all the quotes, but oftentimes other people simply say stuff better than I)

But back to the entrance of sin: God is, by vocation and occupation, The Creator. As such he has endowed much of His creation with varying degrees of creative power. To man, He has even given the power to procreate (which is greatly annoying and troublesome to the devil, btw). But Lucifer, as the exalted covering cherub, had no equal among the angels. He was greatly privileged, and as such, used the creative powers of his mind to imagine himself of more value than that which God had bestowed upon him. This must have been a slow process.

But, finally, he could keep it to himself no longer and began to slowly broadcast suggestions that angels needed no government from God (which is the original, original lie), that it was not necessary to love God supremely and others as themselves (something they had taken for granted and never even thought of as "law" or "government), and that they could decide what was best for themselves. This was startling to his underlings, who had admired his brilliance and excellence of duty and character for so long. He was very careful of the pace with which he marketed his new philosophy, dropping hints and insinuations here and there.

God, of course, knew of his plotting and maneuverings and, along with the angels who would not venture to stray from loyalty to Him, bore long with this poor creature who was bringing upon himself ultimate doom and tragedy almost beyond imagining. Finally, it was clear that The Light Bearer and those he had deceived were beyond reclamation, and so they had to be expelled from the abode of bliss, quarantining the outbreak of sin to a newly created world where God had just created a new race of creatures in His own image. This gave Him a chance to test these new souls' loyalty to Him. If they passed the test and withstood the temptation of Lucifer in the form of a serpent, the band of rebellious angels would be dispatched elsewhere and peace and joyous communion between Adam (mankind) and Christ would continue throughout ceaseless ages.

More about the actual fall of man in Eden in my next post.

Your serve, Aunty!
wave.001.gif
(Make sure to tag or quote me in your post so I get notified.)

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, Here is some Scripture regarding Lucifer and his fall:

Have any others than the human family sinned?
"God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment." 2 Peter 2:4.

What is the name of him who led them to sin?
"Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the Devil and his angels." Matt. 25:41.

Is he known by any other name?
"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world." Rev. 12:9.

Where was his abode before he fell?
"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven." Luke 10:18.

What was his position in heaven?
"Thou are the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so; thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire." Eze. 28:14.

What was his condition when created?
"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou was created, till iniquity was found in thee." Eze. 28:15.

Why was he cast from his high position?
"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned; therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God; and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." Eze. 28:16.

Where were the cherubim placed in the earthly sanctuary erected by Moses?
"And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the holiest of all; which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; and over it the cherubim of glory shadowing [covering] the mercy seat." Heb. 9:3-5 (Ex. 25:16-22).

Of what was this sanctuary a pattern?
"It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these." Heb. 9:23; 8:1-5.

Is there a temple in heaven, containing the ark of the testament, or covenant?
"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple the ark of His testament." Rev. 11:19.

In the earthly sanctuary, where did God dwell by the symbol of His presence?
"I will commune with thee from above the mercy-seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel." Ex. 25:22.

Where is God's throne in heaven?
"The Lord reigneth: let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubim; let the earth be moved." Ps. 99:1.
NOTE: Eze. 28:14 shows that Satan was a covering cherub. The covering cherubim in the earth sanctuary were but types of those who really overshadow the heavenly mercy-seat, one of who was Satan himself, before his fall from heaven.

When cast out of the mountain of God, to what place was Satan banished, to be kept till the judgment?
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.." 2 Peter 2:4.
NOTE: This is the darkness of utter hopelessness and despair in sin. When Satan led man to sin, darkness was brought upon this world. But God did not leave man to hopelessness. In His mercy and great love He caused "the light of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ to shine," to call me "out of darkness into His marvelous light." The wicked angels are kept in everlasting chains of darkness.

What has been the character of Satan ever since he has had access to this world?
"He that committeth sin is of the Devil; for the Devil sinneth from the beginning." 1 John 3:8.

Was he ever in the truth?
"Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do; he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth." John 8:44.

What is the only "beginning" of which we have any knowledge?
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Gen. 1:1.

What has been the result of Satan's bringing sin into the world through our first parents?
"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness." 1 John 5:19.

When Christ came to redeem the world, what did Satan do to Him?
"And immediately the Spirit driveth Him into the wilderness. And He was there in the wilderness forty days tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto Him." Mark 1:12, 13. See also Matt. 4:1-11.

How severely was Christ tempted?
"For we have not a High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb. 4:15.

Has the church suffered persecution since the days of Christ?
"And when the dragon [Satan. verse 9] saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman [the church] ." Rev. 12:13.
NOTE: Many millions of the people of God have been put to death since the Christian era by papists, to say nothing of those who suffered martyrdom at the hands of pagan persecutors. See "Buck's Theological Dictionary," and any commentary or church history. See also reading on "A Remarkable Symbol."

Will the last, or remnant, church feel his wrath? and why?
"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev. 12:17.

How will he deceive men in the closing work of the gospel?
"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast." Rev. 13:14.
NOTE: This refers to the work of Spiritualism. See the next reading, and also "The Last Nation Noticed in Prophecy."

What will be the tendency of this work?
"For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." Rev. 16:14.

Why will men be thus allowed to fall under the delusion of Satan?
"They received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie, that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in un. righteousness." 2 Thess. 2:10-12.

What will be his last work?
"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea." Rev. 20:7, 8.

As Satan and his host compass the camp of the saints, what will take place?
"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city; and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them." Rev. 20:9.

What doom will he finally meet?
"I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be anymore." Eze. 28:18, 19; Heb. 2:14.

What exhortation is given to Christians in view of Satan's hatred of them?
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary, the Devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour; whom resist steadfast in the faith." 1 Peter 5:8, 9.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well, something we do not maybe often realize, but when we make a statement we assume an absolute truth; thus to me it is you who invoked the concept
That's awfully deep. I don't know if I'm up to invoking concepts. I'm just a guy sitting on my couch - lol.
seems to me that Word is alive and active, right, so i wonder if our concept of truth might be skewed into a static thing that it is not? Iow we often seek a fact, that we might call it “truth”
Quite likely a lot more often than would be desirable
i submit that Word is spoken or more often heard, in the Bible, although synonyms are sometimes used too
Fair enough

Reactions: bbyrd009