A Witch Hunt Exposed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there was a context in which the untoward Postings made by the individual were brought to light, and this individual was unavailable to immediately respond because he was "in church".

... and you don't find that funny?!? :)
Sorry!
Bobby Jo
Come on by one of these days, and I'll show you what a church looks like. You might then actually find one in your neck of the woods.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I do hope you get over the apprehension, and try one someday.

I usually don't hang around "biker bars", "houses of ill repute", "holding cells", or other places which have "unsavory customers". -- I think I prefer those individuals who demonstrate a more "responsible" accountability to both GOD and man.

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So would it be the bars or the bikers that you find objectionable...? :)

(PS: I'm a teetotaller...)

Yeah, now THAT was FUNNY! Let me think, -- it would probably be the bikers, because I've never see a bar start a fight. ;)

Take Care,
BJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah, now THAT was FUNNY! Let me think, -- it would probably be the bikers, because I've never see a bar start a fight. ;)

Take Care,
BJ
I see, so it's bikers under the affluence of inkerhol that you find problematic, right?

(Rather than inked bikers, bikers with bikes, bikers with piercings, etc....)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I usually don't hang around "biker bars", "houses of ill repute", "holding cells", or other places which have "unsavory customers". -- I think I prefer those individuals who demonstrate a more "responsible" accountability to both GOD and man.

Thanks,
Bobby Jo
Oh, yeah, the people Jesus hung around with, while the Pharisees berated Him for not being seen with only the "responsible religious folks."

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, so it's bikers under the affluence of inkerhol that you find problematic, right?

(Rather than inked bikers, bikers with bikes, bikers with piercings, etc....)

Did you not read what you wrote, and what I replied to?

farouk: So would it be the bars or the bikers that you find objectionable
Bobby Jo: the bikers, because I've never see a bar start a fight

Please follow the conversation a little more carefully. ;)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, yeah, the people Jesus hung around with ... [Versus] ... "responsible religious folks."

You're RIGHT! It's those who PROFESS to be RELIGIOUS that I'm concerned about. -- Like those people who "go to church", but apparently don't act like a Christian on the Forums. Ummmmm, you know, I think YOU "go to church" now that I think about it ... :)

Oops, it looks like I'm in trouble AGAIN!
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've put various ppl on 'ignore'....

I didn't know you could do that. Thank you! I'll look in "More Options" - if I can't figure it out I'll ask you how to do it.

Thanks again. I appreciate that more than you know.

Reactions: farouk

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're RIGHT! It's those who PROFESS to be RELIGIOUS that I'm concerned about. -- Like those people who "go to church", but apparently don't act like a Christian on the Forums. Ummmmm, you know, I think YOU "go to church" now that I think about it ... :)

Oops, it looks like I'm in trouble AGAIN!
Bobby Jo

I am glad that you see the hypocrisy. It's so hypocritical to go to church and sing "Praise the Lord" and then live like the devil and mistreat people. I've seen it in every church and on every Christian forum. You're not in trouble Bobby Jo - you acted with honor. Thank you. I think we should follow Farouk's suggestion and put certain people on "ignore."

Reactions: Bobby Jo
B

brakelite

Agreed, but Dem leaders seem peculiarly delusional. Probably because of their stance on abortion. The story of how the Democratic Party became "the party of abortion" is actually sickening. Bill Clinton, desperate to raise funds for the Democratic Party, envied the Republican easy access to the really big money. There were relatively few big-money donors for the Democrats. Averill Harriman and his wife Pamela had always been big donors to the Dems and Clinton went to see Pamela (who was by then a widow) and asked her to try to get her well-heeled friends to switch their funding to the Democrats. Pamela said she would on one condition--that "abortion rights" would become a permanent plank in the Dem platform. The Clinton deal with the devil was done and a grateful Bill Clinton appointed Pamela Harriman to the plummy job of U.S. Ambassador to France. He even sent Air Force One to fetch her body when she died of a stroke in Paris in 1997.

It seems that the Harrimans had always been avid eugenicists (as are a large number of the super-wealthy) and followers of racist eugenicist, Margaret Sanger. Sanger felt that "black and brown" people were inferior (she called them "human weeds") and hoped that some quasi-governmental body would provide a way to keep them from procreating. Planned Parenthood came out of that notion. It is no accident that a majority of their clinics are in poor, African-American and Hispanic neighborhoods. In some cities, there are now more African-American children lost to abortion than are born alive. It is a national tragedy and disgrace--in fact, it is genocide. And what is maybe even worse, it broke the bond of many, many African-Americans with their churches. It is heart-breaking that the intense Christian spirituality that had brought them through the days of slavery and Jim Crow discrimination was, in many ways, discarded in a haze of drugs and alcohol--self-medication for the desperate devastation that follows abortion--for both the fathers and the mothers.

The Dems are responsible for the epidemic of fatherless homes in the African-American communities as well. African-Americans had begun to inch their way out of poverty before President Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" legislation took effect. Up to that point, over 85% of African-American homes were headed by working fathers. When the Johnson administration made the decision to only fund single mothers instead of poor black families, it led to the destruction of many, many black families. Then, when the abortion and drug epidemic hit the African-American communities, the destruction was complete. We need so much to pray for our black brothers and sisters who are seeking to rebuild the faith of the African-American communities.
Best post I've read in weeks.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo, weren't you the one who said that the matter should be dropped?
This was not helpful either. While nothing rouses the wrath of a husband more than his beloved wife being attacked, it is not gracious to "dish it back in spades". It is understood that you merely wanted to defend your wife, but she is actually quite capable of defending herself in this kind of verbal "attack".

He was the one that mentioned my husband so I let my husband respond to him.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only trouble with "IGNORE" is that "the evil one" still posts comments, and everyone else still reads them..... however, you are in the dark about what was said. So, what happens? Yep, temptation gets the better of you, and you just have to go see what was possibly said about you. And you do.... you reverse "IGNORE"..... repeatedly. In fact, you may as well have never used ignore in the first place, and you kick yourself for missing all those chances to respond immediately. It's kind of like a child sticking their fingers in their ears, chanting, "I can't hear you!"

Then, there is the embarrassment of the very reply you just can't resist posting, showing that you never really "IGNORED" the other person, anyway.

B

Butterfly

Yep, been there, got the t- shirt with that one ( do you have that saying in the US )
I use to get so worked up and leave the forums, only to really want to know what is being said and then getting frustrated that I couldn't post - so I would eventually re join. I have known many others who have done the same.
Helen can tell some tales about forum life we have shared together over the years - I would say it was the good old days, but I am not so sure they were !
I hope you can all find a way forward- you know the biggest kick in the teeth you can give to Satan is to forgive one another and accept that we are all different, that we only have a glimpse of who we all are on here and remind each other that we are all human and will fall short, it certainly doesn't mean we are not Christians and I think when that is ' presumed because someone does not act as we think they should ' it is a real shame. Don't we have enough fiery arrows coming our way without throwing them at one another !
You can tell me to butt out if you want as I was not involved ! Xx

Reactions: Hisman and Willie T

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yep, been there, got the t- shirt with that one ( do you have that saying in the US )
I use to get so worked up and leave the forums, only to really want to know what is being said and then getting frustrated that I couldn't post - so I would eventually re join. I have known many others who have done the same.
Helen can tell some tales about forum life we have shared together over the years - I would say it was the good old days, but I am not so sure they were !
I hope you can all find a way forward- you know the biggest kick in the teeth you can give to Satan is to forgive one another and accept that we are all different, that we only have a glimpse of who we all are on here and remind each other that we are all human and will fall short, it certainly doesn't mean we are not Christians and I think when that is ' presumed because someone does not act as we think they should ' it is a real shame. Don't we have enough fiery arrows coming our way without throwing them at one another !
You can tell me to butt out if you want as I was not involved ! Xx
Sometimes best to put the source of frustration on 'ignore'; or else log off...

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk