A Witch Hunt Exposed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only trouble with "IGNORE" is that "the evil one" still posts comments, and everyone else still reads them..... however, you are in the dark about what was said. So, what happens? Yep, temptation gets the better of you, and you just have to go see what was possibly said about you. And you do.... you reverse "IGNORE"..... repeatedly. In fact, you may as well have never used ignore in the first place, and you kick yourself for missing all those chances to respond immediately. It's kind of like a child sticking their fingers in their ears, chanting, "I can't hear you!"

Then, there is the embarrassment of the very reply you just can't resist posting, showing that you never really "IGNORED" the other person, anyway.

When I do put someone on "ignore" I often tell them that I am doing so and why. I also tell them that I may decide to respond to them in the future. Usually, I leave someone on "ignore" for a couple of weeks and then "un-ignore" them. I am occasionally curious when I know that others are responding to that person but then you can get the gist of what they are saying by the responses to them and realize that it is probably not worth responding to them. Makes for a much more peaceful life. :)

I usually put someone on "ignore" twice and then put them on permanent "ignore" (in my mind) if I find it necessary to "ignore" them again.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I do put someone on "ignore" I often tell them that I am doing so and why. I also tell them that I may decide to respond to them in the future. Usually, I leave someone on "ignore" for a couple of weeks and then "un-ignore" them. I am occasionally curious when I know that others are responding to that person but then you can get the gist of what they are saying by the responses to them and realize that it is probably not worth responding to them. Makes for a much more peaceful life. :)

I usually put someone on "ignore" twice and then put them on permanent "ignore" (in my mind) if I find it necessary to "ignore" them again.
In the past when I have told the ppl why I am putting them on 'ignore' the mods have come back to me and said that it's contrary to the terms of the forum to let personally pointed thoughts be posted on an open thread, or something. I usually just click 'ignore' now...

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't know you could do that. Thank you! I'll look in "More Options" - if I can't figure it out I'll ask you how to do it.

Thanks again. I appreciate that more than you know.

It is actually very easy to do, SG. You just click on their name and a little black box will appear with information like their age and gender, etc. There is a line there that has a few functions, and one of them is "ignore". Just click it and it will switch to "un-ignore" so that you can un-ignore them should you choose to do so. The posts that they made before you put them on ignore will still be visible. But any new posts will not be visible. The only way that you know that they are still posting is to see the posts of others to them--and sometimes they will name the person in their text.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the past when I have told the ppl why I am putting them on 'ignore' the mods have come back to me and said that it's contrary to the terms of the forum to let personally pointed thoughts be posted on an open thread, or something. I usually just click 'ignore' now...

That works too. I haven't had any of the mods come back on me yet. Sticking to the facts is important, rather than trading insults. If you just say, "I'm putting you on 'ignore' for telling me I 'lie and tell falsehoods'." So far, it doesn't seem to raise the ire of the mods.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One does not even have to do anything other than skip over posts which are nonsensical.

True--that is one way of dealing with the problem. I have discovered another way that is especially helpful when someone posts a very long piece of "boiler plate". (Boiler plate is when someone attempts to overwhelm someone with statements and assertions in answer to questions that were not asked and bending Scripture to support those points). I just merely respond with TLDR (Too Long, Didn't Read).

Reactions: Enoch111

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
True--that is one way of dealing with the problem. I have discovered another way that is especially helpful when someone posts a very long piece of "boiler plate". (Boiler plate is when someone attempts to overwhelm someone with statements and assertions in answer to questions that were not asked and bending Scripture to support those points). I just merely respond with TLDR (Too Long, Didn't Read).
LOL. A bit like a news conference with former Secretary of State George Schultz. After a long and rambling question , Mr. Schultz might just reply, No (and smile).

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk