Abba Father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galations 4:6-7,

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

What is the cry "abba father," where you with an inward cry working out of you cry "abba father." It is the coming into sonship, the knowing you are a bonified offspring of God, birthed a son. Your pleasing of the father has to do with knowledge and not doing. Your doing comes from knowledge not doing to be anymore, doing to be who you are is an act we perform out of ignorance. Sonship acts out of a birthing, you see Christ in you now as the fact of being born again. We still have the age old arguement of who is saved and who isn't, quite immature and a babe stage of your spiritual growth. I have been asked many times why do you pin point levels of understanding and make some feel uncomfortable? Because if we are not spurred on to understanding and growth in the Lord we has a tendency to not move. We get comfortable and want to just set back and say "I got it that settles it."

Anyone that thinks they have it all figured out is a fool in thinking so. Paul said "I long to be with you so I can impart some spiritual gift." Romans 1:11,

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

What was the gift paul had for believers? He had revelation, revelation is what will ultimately establish you. Paul considered it a gift, free for the taking if his hearers would listen. As you follow Paul though his epistles and the book of acts you can see where Paul grew in spiritual understanding. He started out with casting out devils and healing ministry. But if you will read Paul and see his growth, its right before your eyes in his letters, you see where he came to understand Christ in him. He writes about it over and over, you don't hear anything else about his healing ministry or how he cast out devils. Paul takes us as far as you can go when he says we are not to know any man even Christ after the flesh, 2 Cor. 5:16. You know what that does? It eliminates everything accept for your knowledge of the indwelling Christ. Paul had a revelation of the indwelling Christ, and he said Christians need Christ revealed in them.

We need the same revelation Paul had of the indwelling Christ, he didn't just recommend it he said it was imperative for the believers understanding and spiritual growth. You know why there is thousand and one denominations? Because there is no revelation of the indwelling Christ. Believers with Christ revealed in them take no stand for a doctrine, they see Christ in them and that is all the doctrine that is needed to fullfill the plan of God to a lost world. While we split hairs and the world stays lost, we argue the frivolous and the world makes a mockery. Paul's understanding of Christ in him didn't even allow him to talk about the wonderful things Jesus did when he walked to earth. He could not be distracted from the truth of all truths. We all get goose bumps when we look and talk about what Jesus did, the miracles where unbelievable but you cannot find Paul talking about it. Only things he writes about is the death, burial, and resurrection-ascension.

That dear friends is worth taking a look at and see exactly what Paul was saying to the born again. A message that goes way beyond carnal comprehension, Paul calls my gospel.