Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep repeating that same ole' unrelated junk over and over. God told us how life starts:
"Then the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being."
That's the way we are ALL created. We are ALL formed from dirt, and then we receive life when God breathes into our nostrils the Breath of Life.

I don't find that at all difficult to understand.
No - YOU were made from a sperm and an egg - and NOT from the dirt like Adam.
Dirt is INANIMATE - whereas, a sperm and an egg are NOT.
Not at ALL sure how you never knew that.

God formed YOU in your motheer's womb (Jer. 1:5).
Adam
was forms from the dust of the earth (Gen. 2:7).

You can blow oxygen all day long into an inanimate object and it will NENER come to life.
God breathed LIFE into Adam - NOT oxygen . . .

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God formed YOU in your motheer's womb (Jer. 1:5).
Adam
was forms from the dust of the earth (Gen. 2:7).

You can blow oxygen all day long into an inanimate object and it will NENER come to life.
God breathed LIFE into Adam - NOT oxygen . . .
Exactly this. Adam was a special case as first of his kind, this is why God made him from mud and breathed life into this inanimate mud, because God needed to make matter animate - then afterwards, the animate matter became self-sustaining by its own processes (sperm and egg). Adam was also born fully formed, not as a baby. Eve was created in a similar fashion - from a bone. This does not mean that all women are made of bones or that all men are made of mud, nor that all humans are born as fully formed adults capable of speech.

The idea prevalent here, is the creation of life from Earth, and creation of woman from man, and the idea of the spirit coming from God. This is not a biology lesson, it is a spiritual concept.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Form-ING man-Kind of creature

Your “charge” is ludicrous. I was quite clear God Forms the body.

What makes YOU think, I think that? I said no such thing!

Not once did I say the fetus was dead until it’s birth.
It is NOT an individual until it is severed from it’s Dependency on it’s mothers LIFE (BLOOD).

IN the womb, IN the placenta (a watery sac), is the perform-ing of PRO-CREATION, from a mans seed having fertilized a females seed. A process, of God Form-ing the Body.

Fetus’
Ears, do not hear
Nose, does not smell
Eyes, do not see
Mouth, does not utter sounds
Flesh, does not feel touch

UNTIL it is born and receives a soul that (Belongs to God) filled with God Breath of Life that (Belongs to God),
GODS MAKING added to the PRO-CREATION
....then does it, hear, smell, see, utter sound, feel touch.........and those senses continue AFTER the body dies and that living soul DEPARTS the dead body.

CREATED......and ......MADE....two different things.

No. The BIRTH, is the Marvelous Works of Gods CREATING and MAKING.

The CREATION, is one thing. The Form-ING.
The MAKING, is another thing. The Causing of form-ED “parts” to Have specific FUNCTIONS....

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created “and” made.

Gen 2:
[7] And the LORD God form-ED man of the dust of the ground,
CREATED ^

and .... THEN

breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
MADE ^
Idiotic nonsense.

Show me where the BIBLE agrees with this drivel. Show me where it says that you do NOT receive a soul until you are born.
Chapter and Verse, please . . .

Finally - YOU say that a "fetus" is NOT a person because:

"Ears, do not hear "
NEITHER
does a deaf person . . .

"Nose, does not smell"
NEITHER
does a person with COVID or a myriad of other ailments . . .

"Eyes, do not see"
NEITHER
does a blind person . . .

"Mouth, does not utter sounds"
NEITHER
does a mute person . . .

"Flesh, does not feel touch"
NEITHER
does a paralytic person . . .

Your arguments are stupid.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idiotic nonsense.

Show me where the BIBLE agrees with this drivel. Show me where it says that you do NOT receive a soul until you are born.
Chapter and Verse, please . . .

Finally - YOU say that a "fetus" is NOT a person because:

"Ears, do not hear "
NEITHER
does a deaf person . . .

A fetus is not a person.
A non hearing person is still a person.

"Nose, does not smell"
NEITHER
does a person with COVID or a myriad of other ailments . . .

A fetus is not a person.
A person whose sense of smell is obstructed is still a person.

"Eyes, do not see"
NEITHER
does a blind person . . .

"Mouth, does not utter sounds"
NEITHER
does a mute person . . .

"Flesh, does not feel touch"
NEITHER
does a paralytic person . . .

Your arguments are stupid.

I make no argument. I make statements backed by Scripture. If you do not comprehend; the stupidity is accounted to you.

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The developing eyes of a fetus can sense light by the second trimester, new research suggests."

AND...if you choose to believe “suggestions” by “researchers”, I presume you do not know....that is your freewill.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 1:15
For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb

Hmmm the Holy Spirit inhabitted John the Baptist while he was in the mother's womb.

How is this possible if babies aren't alive?

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Adam

Perhaps you could answer...

Luke 16:
[19] There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
[20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
[21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
[22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
[24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
[25] But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
[26] And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
[27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
[28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
[29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
[30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
[31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

What exactly was Seeing, Hearing, Speaking, feeling torments....IN Hell?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fetus is not a person.

A fetus is not a person.
Sooooo - if you REPEAT the lie enough time, it becomes the truth - is that it??
I make no argument. I make statements backed by Scripture. If you do not comprehend; the stupidity is accounted to you.
Then, you shouldn't have ANY problem showing me where the BIBLE says that you do NOT receive a soul until you are born.

I want the Chapter and Verse, please . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb

Hmmm the Holy Spirit inhabitted John the Baptist while he was in the mother's womb.

How is this possible if babies aren't alive?

Of course BABIES are ALIVE!

The topic is ABOUT unborn fetus’ that are in the process of Develop-ING.
Do you know the meaning of Suffix’s...
form-ING....in the process,
form-ED.....process complete

Why do you think an “unborn partially form-ed” human is a person, a baby?

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even if Genesis were literal, it talks about a specific individual who was the first of his kind and was not born naturally. For that matter, women were made out of his ribs. Are women made entirely out of rib bones? Maybe women aren't alive until they get the rib bone from their husband?

You are right. Women aren't alive until they get a rib bone implant. They tend to prefer the condensed version these days. What was important about that rib? It was made from dust, but every cell in that rib contained the complete genetic map for forming a new human being. In the center of each cell is an area called the nucleus. Human chromosomes are located inside the nucleus of the cell. A chromosome is a structure that holds your genes. that determine your traits.

A biological male has one X and one Y chromosome (XY) while those who are biologically female have two X chromosomes. So man has both male and female chromosomes, which confirms what God says about how He made MAN"

"In the day that God created MAN, He made HIM in His own likeness. Male AND and female He created them, and He blessed them. And in the day they were created, He called them “MAN.” Gen 5:2
So tossing Adam's chromosomes into the mix to create Eve, makes sense. From then on, females got their chromosomes through the usual sperm/egg routine.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo - if you REPEAT the lie enough time, it becomes the truth - is that it??

Nothing new with YOU....Proclaim one is a liar....THEN ask them to satisfy your
Wants.

Then, you shouldn't have ANY problem showing me where the BIBLE says that you do NOT receive a soul until you are born.

I want the Chapter and Verse, please . .

Nope....I have no interest in satisfying your WANTS, after your accusation of me lying.

Gaslighter!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A fetus is not a person.

A fetus is not a person.

Amen. I am not interested in dealing with someone's fairytale delusions. I am only interested in what Scripture has to say. And Scripture says that one becomes a living being after God breathes into their nostrils the Breath of Life. No one has been able to prove that Scripture is wrong. They just trample Scripture into the mud with total disregard, and then start popping unrelated demented delusions.

Now . . let's start from the beginning and prove God wrong; that the Breath of Life in nostrils is the essence of a living being!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And since we are all formed from dirt like Adam, what do you figure sperm and egg are made from??? Duh!

Job, in the oldest book of the Bible had already met non-believers like you when he declares the meaning of the breath of life:

“Refute me if you can;

“The Spirit of God has made me,
And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Array yourselves before me, take your stand.
“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of clay.

“Behold, no fear of me should terrify you,
Nor should my pressure weigh heavily on you. Job 33:44

Far be it from me that I should declare you right;
Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils
" Job 27

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course BABIES are ALIVE!
Are 21 week old babies alive?

Here is evidence that they are.
The topic is ABOUT unborn fetus’ that are in the process of Develop-ING.
Do you know the meaning of Suffix’s...
form-ING....in the process,
form-ED.....process complete

Why do you think an “unborn partially form-ed” human is a person, a baby?
Why do you think a baby that is still growing, isn't a living human? It is the most cruel and nonsensical doctrine I have ever heard.

Besides that, you're completely missing the point of my post.

John the Baptist is
1. In his mother's womb
2. Has a spirit in his mother's womb

Therefore this idea that a gestating baby isn't alive until delivery is disproven by scripture.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since we are all formed from dirt like Adam, what do you figure sperm and egg are made from??? Duh!

Job, in the oldest book of the Bible had already met non-believers like you when he declares the meaning of the breath of life:

“Refute me if you can;

" Job 27

It’s a matter of WISDOM...
A developing fetus’ has LIFE, which is the whole POINT of it DEVELOP-ING. A develop-ING fetus’ has not INDIVIDUAL LIFE, but DEPENDS on the mother’s LIFE (BLOOD), to feed it, to nourish it, to carry away Waste...
... but the point is it is not BORN...it is NOT a person.

And a BORN man, WOULD become ill, would DIE, If it has NOT the EARTH to maintain it’s life, with nutrients.

Our body’s ARE out of the elements OF the Earth, and the elements OF the Earth sustain the LIFE (BLOOD) of the BODY.

BOL tries to argue Carnal Understanding against Spiritual Understanding.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People's bodies continue developing until their 20's. Is it okay to kill toddlers because they are undeveloped? They can't take care of themselves either. Heck, a lot of 20 year olds would never survive in the wild, should we kill them too?

If anything, those who are most dependent should be most protected, not massacred. This is a complete perversion of morality.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If an undeveloped baby is not a baby, then an undeveloped brain is not a brain. Therefore, by this insane logic, people aren't alive until their late 20s:

"As children, our brains produce an excess of synaptic connections between neurons. During adolescence, the brain continues to morph into its adult form by discarding these unnecessary synapses.

The process – which lasts well into our 20s and is known as “synaptic pruning” – is thought to be largely responsible for the brain’s development and is crucial for normal social behavior. However, a new study suggests that growth in size, not synaptic pruning, is what helps the brain to mature."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing new with YOU....Proclaim one is a liar....THEN ask them to satisfy your
Wants.

Nope....I have no interest in satisfying your WANTS, after your accusation of me lying.

Gaslighter!
Uhhhhh, need I remind you that it was YOU who spewed out the idiotic lie that we receive our soul at BIRTH??
This is utter un-Biblical nonsense that you CANNOT substantiate.

If you're going to LIE on a public forum - bve prepared to be publicly exposed . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Refute me if you can;

" Job 27
The breath of Gog is LIFE, which is blindingly clear in Gen. 2:7.
It's NOT oxygen or any other substance.

And you are only symbolically made of dust because your 1st ancestor was. You are completely devoid of spiritual understanding of Scripture.