Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, this tells me either you can't follow along with what I'm texting, or you just want to argue.
I very politely requested something very simple. Let me try again.

Please give the link where you answered how long you studied at Kingdom Hall. Or you could just tell us now. Why wouldn't you want us to know how long you were "taught" by JW's?

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I very politely requested something very simple. Let me try again.

Please give the link where you answered how long you studied at Kingdom Hall. Or you could just tell us now. Why wouldn't you want us to know how long you were "taught" by JJ

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you misquote me Barney? Did you learn that at Kingdom Hall?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you misquote me Barney? Did you learn that at Kingdom Hall?
I willingly just Posted what you texted to me. I'm not going to answer your questions when you misquote me. You want to quote me, then quote everything I said, not just what you want to quote to make it appear I said something I didn't.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, those marching for abortions or against them are wrong for doing so. Both organizations are trying to force people What choice they must make or how they should believe. Every individual is responsible to God when it comes to such choices.
God doesn't want people to be forced into believing his way. The True God YHWH wants people to make good moral choices because of their love for him.

I don’t think my comment was posted to you, however; I agree with points you have posted that individual people can do as they please, choose this or that, and other people can agree or disagree...
The badgering and attempting to force this or that on an other, was not Jesus’ Way.

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think my comment was posted to you, however; I agree with points you have posted that individual people can do as they please, choose this or that, and other people can agree or disagree...
The badgering and attempting to force this or that on an other, was not Jesus’ Way.

Glory to God,
Taken
I agree that badgering or attempting to force this or that on an other wasn't what Jesus taught. What I mean by these political organizations that are for abortion or against abortions, is that they are trying to have laws instituted that will support their view about abortions. When these organizations try to make laws to support their views they're trying to force others abide by their views concerning abortions which people should make these moral decisions for themselves and not be forced to abide by God's moral laws. People should abide by God's moral laws because of their love for God and people, not because some political organizations makes a law forcing people to abide by God's moral laws.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that badgering or attempting to force this or that on an other wasn't what Jesus taught. What I mean by these political organizations that are for abortion or against abortions, is that they are trying to have laws instituted that will support their view about abortions. When these organizations try to make laws to support their views they're trying to force others abide by their views concerning abortions which people should make these moral decisions for themselves and not be forced to abide by God's moral laws. People should abide by God's moral laws because of their love for God and people, not because some political organizations makes a law forcing people to abide by God's moral laws.

The US was founded on Biblical Standards and Principles, and the Laws “supposed” to be established according to Biblical Standards and Principles,
(NOT a forcing of individual moral choosings)
and EVERY man, desiring to be a government Servant, taking an oral oath, signing their signature in the Year of our Lord, is agreeing to those Biblical Standards and Principles....but, but, but....
We are quite aware, the People at Large are faulty on their own knowledge of the Limits of Government, and thus are faulty on who they support to be seated in a Government Seat....thus we have dubious immoral characters seated as Servants...playing the role of morality and chaos dictators....

Not news. Decline, Deceit, Corruption of the Majority was Foretold.
Not pleasant, but must be manifested....and here we are...the FEW, watching it unfold.

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The US was founded on Biblical Standards and Principles, and the Laws “supposed” to be established according to Biblical Standards and Principles,
and EVERY man, desiring to be a government Servant, taking an oral oath, signing their signature in the Year of our Lord, is agreeing to those Biblical Standards and Principles....but, but, but....
We are quite aware, the People at Large are faulty on their own knowledge of the Limits of Government, and thus are faulty on who they support to be seated in a Government Seat....thus we have dubious immoral characters seated as Servants...playing the role of morality and chaos dictators....

Not pleasant, but must be manifested....and here we are...the FEW, watching it unfold.

Glory to God,
Taken
Well I believe Christians, true Christians anyway, should follow Jesus foot steps closely. Jesus, he didn't take part of the politics of human beings. He wouldn't even allow the Jews to make him king. This is because the kingdom that Jesus is king of is not of this world. So I honestly don't think true Christians should be part of any human government since all human government belongs to Satan. Which is reasonable because Satan is the ruler of this world we're living in.

• Love
Reactions: doctrox

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but not even close.

Scripture tells us to test people, to see if they are of God or not.

1 John 4:1, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

This only makes sense, when one is sincerely interested in associating with godly people, while avoiding the contamination and influence of ungodly men.

The key, however, to the rejection of the rule of God was Article VI, Clause 3, "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several state Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." And so, this is why folks have Satanists ruling over them today.

People can talk all they want to about a Christian Constitution, but they will never be able to get around the fact that God is not even mentioned in it.

Most are unaware the "Constitution" forbids God. The Constitution was a rebellion against Christ and his authority over the nation, replacing it with the rule of man. The Bible warns us, "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" (Isaiah 2:22).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t personally believe that the devil controls the world; and believe that Jesus has had the victory for the world by destroying him. The world consist of darkness, and light; but it is the spiritual that is needed with connection to the Father in heaven and seeking out for God and learning the wisdom, sanctified, redemption that is within Christ. It is faith even that overcomes the world (moving forward to the spiritual principles, and spiritual heavenly wisdom. These are things that lead towards transformed life in seeking out in faith, which pleases God and you will be rewarded spiritually with peace, through things may get thought sometimes in soul (heart/mind/will/emotion), which you make out in your flesh. Once you realize what is going on the more you will be able recognized what is being done and stop. Wait and think perhaps about praying on whatever situation is and asking God to help you too by the spirit to have the opportunity in getting to speak to whomever it is, or to have a moment to cool down from a heated situation.

Reactions: Jim B

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
Amen!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I willingly just Posted what you texted to me. I'm not going to answer your questions when you misquote me. You want to quote me, then quote everything I said, not just what you want to quote to make it appear I said something I didn't.
How many years did you say you've been a JW?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but not even close.

Scripture tells us to test people, to see if they are of God or not.

1 John 4:1, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

This only makes sense, when one is sincerely interested in associating with godly people, while avoiding the contamination and influence of ungodly men.

The key, however, to the rejection of the rule of God was Article VI, Clause 3, "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several state Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." And so, this is why folks have Satanists ruling over them today.

People can talk all they want to about a Christian Constitution, but they will never be able to get around the fact that God is not even mentioned in it.

Most are unaware the "Constitution" forbids God. The Constitution was a rebellion against Christ and his authority over the nation, replacing it with the rule of man. The Bible warns us, "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" (Isaiah 2:22).
This entire post is total nonsense. The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion. It doesn't forbid God. Part of that freedom is not requiring a religious test.

Also, it has nothing to do with the OP's subject: abortion.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess if it's ok Liberals to murder babies it's ok for them to eat them.
If you have cooking facilities, then the preferable option would be to create pockets for cloves and rosemary, brushed with butter, and then cooked under low heat.

I also enjoy quick BBQ with Steakhouse seasoning.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess if it's ok Liberals to murder babies it's ok for them to eat them.
Nobody is "murdering babies". That is total nonsense.

What about menstruation? Should every egg that God made be fertilized?

Why did God allow Herod to kill all the male children two years old and younger?

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Why did God allow Herod to kill all the male children two years old and younger?
That’s the Roman Catholic religion: that even spilling sperm without intent to create a new life is murder!

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion. It doesn't forbid God. Part of that freedom is not requiring a religious test.
You are mistaken.

The Constitution states: "Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" (First Amendment).

Do you realize that the Constitution allows everybody to freely worship any god they choose to? This is one of the greatest abominations to God.

Old Testament Israel had this same exact law also, and God would punish them whenever they enacted this law. Whenever people would worship other gods in his country, he would command them to tear down their temples and idols. If they refused, God would always punish his people. Even if there was a mixture of people worshipping the True God and people worshipping false gods, this was an abomination also, as his people are not to mix the two. God even commanded his people to go to neighboring countries of the heathen and tear down their temples and idols.

The truth is, the freedom of religion is an abomination to God. Man only has the "right" to worship Almighty God. To be free to worship any other god or partake of any other religion is an abomination to him, and violates the first Two Commandments:

Exodus 20:3-5, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:"

If the U.S. Constitution is a godly piece of paper, why does it allow the very thing that God condemns throughout his Holy Scripture?

Also, it has nothing to do with the OP's subject: abortion.
Of course it has everything to do with it. It's all about: Who do you look to, for the authority to do the things you do? (...because you WILL render unto your chosen authority, so be wise, grasshopper, and make your calling and election sure).

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God allows lots of evil people to murder others. I think God has a special place in Hell for those who support murdering unborn babies!

Rev "They will be tormented day and night FOREVER..."

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken.

The Constitution states: "Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" (First Amendment).

Do you realize that the Constitution allows everybody to freely worship any god they choose to? This is one of the greatest abominations to God.

Old Testament Israel had this same exact law also, and God would punish them whenever they enacted this law. Whenever people would worship other gods in his country, he would command them to tear down their temples and idols. If they refused, God would always punish his people. Even if there was a mixture of people worshipping the True God and people worshipping false gods, this was an abomination also, as his people are not to mix the two. God even commanded his people to go to neighboring countries of the heathen and tear down their temples and idols.

The truth is, the freedom of religion is an abomination to God. Man only has the "right" to worship Almighty God. To be free to worship any other god or partake of any other religion is an abomination to him, and violates the first Two Commandments:

Exodus 20:3-5, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:"

If the U.S. Constitution is a godly piece of paper, why does is allow the very thing that God condemns throughout his Holy Scripture?

Of course it has everything to do with it. It's all about: Who do you look to, for the authority to do the things you do? (...because you WILL render unto your chosen authority, so be wise, grasshopper, and make your calling and election sure).
Clearly you are not a Constitutional scholar. You have clearly misinterpreted what it says: that people are free to worship God (or not) as they choose. In other words, Christianity is not mandated by US law. That is as it should be.

Old Testament Israel had the law given to them by God and it did nothing to make them righteous in God's eyes. God rejected the Israelites and sent His son so that anyone who believes in Him will be saved and have everlasting life.

A Muslim could say "The truth is, the freedom of religion is an abomination to God. Man only has the "right" to worship Almighty God." but that doesn't make it right, regardless of who says it.

Matthew 11:28-30, "“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Finally, this has nothing to do with the OP topic: abortion.

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly you are not a Constitutional scholar.
Thank God, as the book of Malachi (2:8) clearly condemns scholars for corrupting the covenant and leading many astray.

In other words, Christianity is not mandated by US law.
Exactly. So why would you cheerlead for "US law" rather than God's Law?

Finally, this has nothing to do with the OP topic: abortion.
Rather, the OP is:

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?​

So, to make it even more crystal for you, what's it gonna be: "US law" or God's Law? No man can serve two masters.

Last edited: