About the Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not trying to pull you away from here brother. This is a good place. But being a member of several forums, I've gotten more and more blessings from the smaller forums too. I just mentioned it because the ministry I lead, (the Parsons Corner Ministries) builds forums for displaced members who find themselves without a home. That's actually part of our charter...

Well, if you're inviting me, I'd love to go there. Though we have disagreed, you have a good spirit. So can you give me a link? Thanks! :)

Incidentally, I have my biggest "fights" with my best friends. The only way I know they're my "best friends" is because we survive the fights, and laugh afterwards! ;)

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Now disasters are occurring frequently around the world. The signs of the second coming of Jesus have appeared. Clearly, the prophecies the Lord Jesus said 2,000 years ago have been fulfilled, like “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, see, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood” (Revelation 6:12), and “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows” (Matthew 24:7–8). Facing frequent disasters, how can we welcome the Lord’s return and avoid missing the chance to reunite with the Lord? The following content will tell you the answer.

1. The Appearance of the plagues, War, Famine, and Earthquakes
2. Spiritual Famine
3. The Restoration of Israel
4. Visions Appeared in the Stars
5. The Gospel Spreads to the Ends of the Earth
6. The Appearance of False Christs and Antichrists

------------THE GREAT DAY OF THE LORD - ALELUIA!-----------

..............Zephaniah 1:v.14-18 (among others) - The Great Dy of the LORD.............
⦁ (One Days with the LORD is as a thousand years, ...)

14 The great Day of the Lord is near, it is near (that is the seventh and last millennium, the millennium of Christ) and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the Day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.-Revelation 6:v.15-17

15 That Day is a Day of wrath-Revelation 11:v.18, a Day of trouble and distress, a Day of wasteness and desolation, a Day of darkness and gloominess, a Day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 A Day of the Trumpet-1Thessalonians 4:v.16- and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the Day of the Lord's wrath;-James 5:v.1-3- but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for He shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Be careful and GET READY

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. Revelation 16:v.15

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (kings made by Him), and LORD of lords

THE WORD IS GOD.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, good luck with this being confirmed when you expect it to be. The star that is said to fall from the heavens, does not happen until after the Bottomless Pit is unlocked by the Angel which is still over 1,000 years into the future from now.

Shalom
18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Luke 10:18
Just curious, but how do you make this verse fit your understanding?
The book of the Revelation was written about things that are, that were, and that will be.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear Jay. What I need for you to see is that when it says a day with nothing else then it could be a prophetic day of either a year or a 1000 years. But in this case there were the specifics of morning and evening, verifying that it is a normal 24 hour period of time like during creation week. Get it?

Follow the RULES of prophecy. There are conditions.
Just an FYI, a normal day in creation is described not by morning and evening, but by evening and morning. That's why the Jews reckoned the start of day at sundown. It might seem trivial, but keeping that straight will help you understand other things as well.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, good luck with this being confirmed when you expect it to be. The star that is said to fall from the heavens, does not happen until after the Bottomless Pit is unlocked by the Angel which is still over 1,000 years into the future from now.

Shalom

Well, don't be surprised if next year starts a severe persecution of all Christians.

Reactions: amadeus

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, don't be surprised if next year starts a severe persecution of all Christians.
It would take a huge super natural push to see Christians persecuted worldwide. The trend is growing faster than at any time since the Inquisitions but next year is a push to see it on aa global scale.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just an FYI, a normal day in creation is described not by morning and evening, but by evening and morning. That's why the Jews reckoned the start of day at sundown. It might seem trivial, but keeping that straight will help you understand other things as well.

Yes, but the key is "specifics" or variances. A 24 hour day is when it is broken down in some way like evening and morning, or morning and evening. Creation week declared when the day starts, sundown. Daniel 8 points to these are 24 hour days, and not a year or a thousand years.

Variances for the same time period is like 1260 days; times, times and half a time; 42 months; three and a half years. These means exactly what they say, and are not a prophetic day/year or 1000 year period.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would take a huge super natural push to see Christians persecuted worldwide. The trend is growing faster than at any time since the Inquisitions but next year is a push to see it on aa global scale.

Let's see if the Antichrist is revealed next year. That will be the key for a number of things:

1. That on 4/13/29 the asteroid will NOT be a near miss but will hit the earth approximately at the shoreline and border between California and Mexico.

2. No more Gentiles will become saved. God will put a strong delusion on them.

3. National Jews will start being saved in droves until all Israel is saved.

4. Christians will be persecuted and martyred.

5. Nominal Christians will have to make a stance once and for all one way or the other.

6. Mark of the Beast will become known.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see if the Antichrist is revealed next year. That will be the key for a number of things:

1. That on 4/13/29 the asteroid will NOT be a near miss but will hit the earth approximately at the shoreline and border between California and Mexico.

2. No more Gentiles will become saved. God will put a strong delusion on them.

3. National Jews will start being saved in droves until all Israel is saved.

4. Christians will be persecuted and martyred.

I have walked with the Lord for almost 47 years now. I have seen legions of people write tracts and booklets and books making many predictions that failed. The most famous was 88 reasons why the rapture of the church must happen in Sept. of 1988.

I will gladly await and see if these predictions come to pass or they are just another list of false prophecies.

But as for Gentiles. YOu are wrong. Rev. 7 shows myriads of Gentiles getting saved in the tribulation perdod.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have walked with the Lord for almost 47 years now. I have seen legions of people write tracts and booklets and books making many predictions that failed. The most famous was 88 reasons why the rapture of the church must happen in Sept. of 1988.

I will gladly await and see if these predictions come to pass or they are just another list of false prophecies.

But as for Gentiles. YOu are wrong. Rev. 7 shows myriads of Gentiles getting saved in the tribulation perdod.

Revelation 7 are Christians coming OUT of the Great Tribulation as martyrs. But those were nominal Christians going INTO the GT who Rev. 2 and 3 warns need to OVERCOME.

The timing of the strong delusion will be the unveiling of the Antichrist, and that starts the GT.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 7 are Christians coming OUT of the Great Tribulation as martyrs. But those were nominal Christians going INTO the GT who Rev. 2 and 3 warns need to OVERCOME.

The timing of the strong delusion will be the unveiling of the Antichrist, and that starts the GT.

No the start of the tribulation is the Antichrist making a powerful covenant with Israel for 7 years. The strong delusion comes with that and will continue for all 7 years. The sign that people have fallen prey to those delsuions is when the false prophet orders every one to take the mark. Those who do are damned forever. those who don't are either saved or will get saved.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the start of the tribulation is the Antichrist making a powerful covenant with Israel for 7 years. The strong delusion comes with that and will continue for all 7 years. The sign that people have fallen prey to those delsuions is when the false prophet orders every one to take the mark. Those who do are damned forever. those who don't are either saved or will get saved.

Yes, that is what I said. The start of the GT is when the Antichrist is revealed. The mark will be allegiance to the Antichrist. The persecution of Christians will be for the entire first 3 1/2 years, while Israel is being safe and saved. The last 3 1/2 years the saved Jews and Gentiles will be persecuted.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is what I said. The start of the GT is when the Antichrist is revealed. The mark will be allegiance to the Antichrist. The persecution of Christians will be for the entire first 3 1/2 years, while Israel is being safe and saved. The last 3 1/2 years the saved Jews and Gentiles will be persecuted.

Well that is a jumble of fact and fallacy, but I do not have time to sort it out. Persecutions of Christians may or may not take place. the church will have been raptured so the tribulation saints may or may not be persecuted during the first 3 1/2 years.

I hol;d to a view that is very very very minor. I am convinced after 436 years of study and searching, that the 7 year tribulation occurs at the time of the opening of teh sixth seal, but before teh seventh is opened.

The antichrist needs to be revealed before the start of teh tribulation, He needs to battle the ten kings, consolidate power, rise politically in order to be able to sign a binding treaty with Israel.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Luke 10:18
Just curious, but how do you make this verse fit your understanding?
The book of the Revelation was written about things that are, that were, and that will be.

The understanding of this verse cannot be taken as literal read by many, that Christ saw Satan fall from heaven, like lightening. During the time that the disciples where travelling about, we are not told where Christ was. We assume that he remained in a village or town waiting for the disciples to return to report to him what had happened while they were travelling from village to village, town to town. Nor are we told how long their time away from Christ was or what Christ was doing during this time period. The Luke account is silent on these matters.

Was Christ in heaven or was he able to see into the heavens and observed Satan's rage, like lighting, falling. We are told in Isaiah 24:21-22 that Satan and the other fallen heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven at the same time as the kings of the earth are judged on the earth and that the judged heavenly hosts and earthly kings will be collectively imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. The kings of the earth are going to be judged at Armageddon where they will be assembled in our near future, probably around 25 years, or so, time from about now.

In Revelation 12:7-11 we are told that there is a war going on in heaven and when this war of judgement is over, that Satan is thrown down to the earth, and in Revelation 20:1-3 we are also told that an angel comes and quickly takes hold of Satan and binds him for a 1,000 years and locks him in the Bottomless pit for a 1,000 years. When Satan is judged in heaven he no longer has access to heaven. In Luke 19, we are told that Satan knows that he will not be able to influence the people of the earth and so while he is away in the Bottomless pit, he organises and gives his servants the means to oppress the peoples of the earth such that they have no time to enjoy the Kingdom of God that comes when he is judged upon the whole earth.

We have to keep the whole End Times picture in view to have any understanding of what is to happen, and cannot simply look at small segments of the events that will occur and draw conclusions about the whole End Times from just these individual segments that we meditate on.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well, we are to expect persecution for our faith up and until the time that Satan is judged and imprisoned in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years. When Satan is imprisoned in the Bottomless pit, God sets up His Everlasting Kingdom on the earth and we will have a period of 1,000 years where Satan and his angels will have no influence on the earth over people, except through his "Good and faithful servants," who he has given the means to do his bidding while he is in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years.

The judgement of the wicked fallen heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth will happen at the end of the 2,300 years of the kings of the earth trampling God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts as foretold in the scriptures. The time that the trampling of the Sanctuary and the earthly hosts of God began was around 250 BC when the Greek king in Alexandra requested that the Jewish scholars to translate their sacred scriptures from Hebrew into the Greek language. The end of this time period is marked by the event that causes the kings of the earth to assemble at Armageddon and as Paul tells us in Romans 11, after the Armageddon event of the judgement of the kings of the earth, that all of Israel will be saved.

But as you have a very different paradigm by which you understand the scriptures through, you cannot perceive the truth of the matters concerning the End Times, and so come up with these crazy schemes by which you attempt to explain how the End Times will play out.

Shalom

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ said "I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning" - it could have been in direct relevance to the activities of the disciples he had just sent out, like, they were so successful in casting out demons that Christ worded that as Satan falling from heaven -- or it could have referred to pre-existent Jesus witnessing Satan's original fall - I could see it either way.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The understanding of this verse cannot be taken as literal read by many, that Christ saw Satan fall from heaven, like lightening. During the time that the disciples where travelling about, we are not told where Christ was. We assume that he remained in a village or town waiting for the disciples to return to report to him what had happened while they were travelling from village to village, town to town. Nor are we told how long their time away from Christ was or what Christ was doing during this time period. The Luke account is silent on these matters.

Was Christ in heaven or was he able to see into the heavens and observed Satan's rage, like lighting, falling. We are told in Isaiah 24:21-22 that Satan and the other fallen heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven at the same time as the kings of the earth are judged on the earth and that the judged heavenly hosts and earthly kings will be collectively imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. The kings of the earth are going to be judged at Armageddon where they will be assembled in our near future, probably around 25 years, or so, time from about now.

In Revelation 12:7-11 we are told that there is a war going on in heaven and when this war of judgement is over, that Satan is thrown down to the earth, and in Revelation 20:1-3 we are also told that an angel comes and quickly takes hold of Satan and binds him for a 1,000 years and locks him in the Bottomless pit for a 1,000 years. When Satan is judged in heaven he no longer has access to heaven. In Luke 19, we are told that Satan knows that he will not be able to influence the people of the earth and so while he is away in the Bottomless pit, he organises and gives his servants the means to oppress the peoples of the earth such that they have no time to enjoy the Kingdom of God that comes when he is judged upon the whole earth.

We have to keep the whole End Times picture in view to have any understanding of what is to happen, and cannot simply look at small segments of the events that will occur and draw conclusions about the whole End Times from just these individual segments that we meditate on.

Shalom
As a follow up then, we have the statement made by Jesus at the last supper about sending the Holy Spirit:
And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. John 16:8-11
Who was Jesus referring to as the ruler of this world?