Absolute Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree...He gave it clearly...and then hides it for us to search it out.
Ha! Reminds me of the story of the rich man traveling on a road, joined by a thief.
Each night they stay at an Inn. The rich man goes to dinner, the thief says he'll join him soon.

At the end of their acquaintance, the thief says, "I don't understand, each night I
went to your room searching for your money and found nothing.
I am a thief...you must tell me, because I saw it...where did you hide it?"
--"In the last place you would look; under your own pillow."

Bada bing!
The Kingdom of God is within...
glasses10.gif

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ha! Reminds me of the story of the rich man traveling on a road, joined by a thief.
Each night they stay at an Inn. The rich man goes to dinner, the thief says he'll join him soon.

At the end of their acquaintance, the thief says, "I don't understand, each night I
went to your room searching for your money and found nothing.
I am a thief...you must tell me, because I saw it...where did you hide it?"
--"In the last place you would look; under your own pillow."

Bada bing!
The Kingdom of God is within...
glasses10.gif

That was so GOOD!! Love it. :)
Quite profound.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi aspen,

How did A&E hide from absolute truth? Eve actually ate the forbidden fruit so that her eyes would be opened. She was thinking that she would be like God, knowing good and evil. She thought it would make her wise. She was hoping to be like God. It does not appear they were hiding from The Truth. It appears they were trying to obtain all truth and be God like. I don't follow your line of thinking on this.

Are you saying God gave us the Truth (scripture) but he didn't give us the ability to process it and apply it to our lives? How can he hold us accountable for violating this truth (by sending us to eternal damnation) if we can't process it and apply it to our lives?

Are you suggesting God gave us the Truth but he is hiding it from us?

Mary

Genesis 3:8 They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9Then the LORD Godcalled to the man, and said to him, Where are you? 10He said, "I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself."…

God still calls to us today and we still have the tendency to hid from him.

A&E ate from the tree because they had dreams of grandeur, not as an intellectual exercise. They already knew what disobedience was, in theory. Like people who know what drugs can do to them and still are driven to experience the affects, A&E indulged in their desire to experience disobedience.

It is us who resist God’s calling by hiding from Him - He is faithful.

The Bible is one way to hear His voice - people who hide in doctrines, religion, scholarship, anti-intellectualism, exegesis, hermeneutics, epistemology, comparison, fatalism, dogma, emotionalism, eschatology, and on and on and on to infinitum may miss the simple message of the bible, ‘love others perfectly’.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is one way to hear His voice - people who hide in doctrines, religion, scholarship, anti-intellectualism, exegesis, hermeneutics, epistemology, comparison, fatalism, dogma, emotionalism, eschatology, and on and on and on to infinitum may miss the simple message of the bible, ‘love others perfectly’.
Is this the message of the Bible. Or would each of us resonate or identify with different a messge?
I know I do...several simple main messages! :]

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:8 They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9Then the LORD Godcalled to the man, and said to him, Where are you? 10He said, "I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself."…

God still calls to us today and we still have the tendency to hid from him.

A&E ate from the tree because they had dreams of grandeur, not as an intellectual exercise. They already knew what disobedience was, in theory. Like people who know what drugs can do to them and still are driven to experience the affects, A&E indulged in their desire to experience disobedience.

It is us who resist God’s calling by hiding from Him - He is faithful.

Hi aspen

I still don't understand your thought process on this and I don't think you can explain it any better. Scripture makes it very clear that Eve actually ate the forbidden fruit so that her eyes would be opened and she did it because she was thinking that she would be like God, knowing good and evil (Genesis 3:5). She thought it would make her wise just like God (Genesis 3:6). They were not hiding from absoulute truth like you seem to believe. They were trying to obtain it, like scripture says.

Your passage from Genesis, when they were hiding, was AFTER they ate of the forbidden fruit. They were seeking the truth BEFORE they ate the fruit. Your "hiding" reference is out of context.

IHS...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree...He gave it clearly...and then hides it for us to search it out.
Prov 26:2 "The honour of God is to hide a thing, And the honour of kings to search out a matter."
Hi BG,

Slight correction: What you quoted is Proverbs 25:2!!

Scripture tells us that we are not to believe every spirit and to test the spirits to see whether they are of God and that many false prophets have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1). How are we to test the spirits and ferret out the false prophets if we don't know what truth is?

How are we to watch out for those who cause divisions if we don't know what division is? How do we know who the people to keep away from that are putting obstacles in our way and that are teaching contrary teachings if we don't know what a contrary teaching of scripture is? (Romans 16:17)

How do we know which people are not serving Christ but their own appetites and who has smooth talk and flattery and deceive the minds of naïve people if we don't know The Truth of Scripture? (Romans16:18)

If we are not to believe every spirit and we are to test the spirits and we are to find the false prophets and the ravenous wolves amongst us then wouldn't that suggest we have a way of obtaining The Truth of scripture and that we have to know The Truth of scripture before we can do these things? If we don't know The Truth then how do we identify the false prophets and wolves amongst us?

Who I believe is a prophet you may call a wolf. Who is right?

IHS....Mary

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi aspen

I still don't understand your thought process on this and I don't think you can explain it any better. Scripture makes it very clear that Eve actually ate the forbidden fruit so that her eyes would be opened and she did it because she was thinking that she would be like God, knowing good and evil (Genesis 3:5). She thought it would make her wise just like God (Genesis 3:6). They were not hiding from absoulute truth like you seem to believe. They were trying to obtain it, like scripture says.

Your passage from Genesis, when they were hiding, was AFTER they ate of the forbidden fruit. They were seeking the truth BEFORE they ate the fruit. Your "hiding" reference is out of context.

IHS...Mary

It seems to me that A&E were trying to determine what abosolute truth is by eating of the fruit - trying control it and determine it for themselves. They were willing to break the rules in order to gain this control and ended up following the lie of the serpent. The only absolute truth in the Garden was God and they felt exposed and hid from Him.

They were looking for something in the fruit which they already enjoyed because they wanted to determine truth for themselves.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...They were looking for something in the fruit which they already enjoyed because they wanted to determine truth for themselves.
You all think it was fruit, eh?
And a real tree....
Not that the sexual organs are in the middle of our nervous system that looks like a tree...the middle of our garden....ah ...a serpent, the energy in our body that so often is symbolized as a serpent going up our spine...or the kundalini... and by awakening that knowledge of the carnal nature...opened up the bag o' worms.
Ok.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all think it was fruit, eh?
And a real tree....
Not that the sexual organs are in the middle of our nervous system that looks like a tree...the middle of our garden....ah ...a serpent, the energy in our body that so often is symbolized as a serpent going up our spine...or the kundalini... and by awakening that knowledge of the carnal nature...opened up the bag o' worms.
Ok.

They were already having sex before the Fall

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They were already having sex before the Fall
And you know this how?? They where spirtual beings they had no need for sex, hence Gods little dispute with eve.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

and than

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know this how?? They where spirtual beings they had no need for sex, hence Gods little dispute with eve.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

and than

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

If they were obedient they were having sex - genesis 1:28

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why God created all things, the where not yet "fleshy beens" they where "of the spirit", not yet fallen, having "sex" had nothing to do with populating yet. There is no evidence to support they did have sex, since it was only "they' who where removed from the garden, if they had children they would of all had to being removed. Having sex for the sake of having sex, is not what it was made for, it was for creating. If they had other children seems to be a lot missing from teh bible...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why God created all things, the where not yet "fleshy beens" they where "of the spirit", not yet fallen, having "sex" had nothing to do with populating yet. There is no evidence to support they did have sex, since it was only "they' who where removed from the garden, if they had children they would of all had to being removed. Having sex for the sake of having sex, is not what it was made for, it was for creating. If they had other children seems to be a lot missing from teh bible...

If they were obedient they were having sex.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they where obedient JEsus would not have had to go to teh cross. God never said have sex, he said " go fourth and multiply".

There was no sin before the Fall. If they were obedient they were having sex before the Fall