Absolute Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You 2 are having too much fun...I love seeing your logic on both sides with this issue!

Idea...do you think they needed to have physical sex to reproduce like animals at the beginning before their fall to animal nature? Something to consider, aspen....our limited thinking may have boxed them into the process needed now...
As many here are rolling their eyes at this whole new concept, many have written about before, not new to me, tho.......hahaha :D

I don' care either way...but it is a good exercise in seeing how set in our ideas of how things were then....we have no clue !!! That's my position !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You all think it was fruit, eh?
And a real tree....
Not that the sexual organs are in the middle of our nervous system that looks like a tree...the middle of our garden....ah ...a serpent, the energy in our body that so often is symbolized as a serpent going up our spine...or the kundalini... and by awakening that knowledge of the carnal nature...opened up the bag o' worms.
Ok.

Nop....Not at all...nothing like that. :)
A deeper flesh and spiritual thing...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why God created all things, the where not yet "fleshy beens" they where "of the spirit", not yet fallen, having "sex" had nothing to do with populating yet. There is no evidence to support they did have sex, since it was only "they' who where removed from the garden, if they had children they would of all had to being removed. Having sex for the sake of having sex, is not what it was made for, it was for creating. If they had other children seems to be a lot missing from teh bible...

No evidence either way...and God is silent about it. I guess it was Adam and Eve's private business...
Everything God made He said " was good"...So he made them with all their parts working well. :)

Sorry, I am with @aspen on this one.
They were not spirits..but made from the dust of the earth.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think they were spirits either...but diff than we are now...they were ...
Hmm...how to say it....more advanced? Or in a more etherel realm in their consciousness?
But, fell from that space?
How's that sound? :D I dunno...I don't even spend time really thinking about it...to me it distracts me from focusing on God Himself...I call it interesting Mind Candy meant to distract us.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You all think it was fruit, eh?
And a real tree....
Not that the sexual organs are in the middle of our nervous system that looks like a tree...the middle of our garden....ah ...a serpent, the energy in our body that so often is symbolized as a serpent going up our spine...or the kundalini... and by awakening that knowledge of the carnal nature...opened up the bag o' worms.
Ok.
ezackly

but i could go "eat the fruit of the tree of ______" today, and no one would bat an eyelash at that sentence right

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, I am with @aspen on this one.
They were not spirits..but made from the dust of the earth.
Maybe so, but they where made in Gods image, God is Spirit they where not yet fallen carnal as we are, that vessel was made in preparation for the fall, God had absolutely no other reason to create it. God spoke things happened, God said to Adam to name all the animals, Adam spoke it happened, what was it @bbyrd009 goes on about" who declared you are naked"?? well they certainly didnt seem to know untill they fell.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think they were spirits either...but diff than we are now...they were ...
Hmm...how to say it....more advanced? Or in a more etherel realm in their consciousness?
How's that sound? :D I dunno...I don't even spend time really thinking about it...to me it distracts me from focusing on God Himself...I call it interesting Mind Candy meant to distract us.

I think it is a story that speaks accurately about human nature and our relationship with God - one of my favorites

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
when you go and look for "The Fall" in Scripture, and realize that it is not in There, can't quote it anywhere, this resolves; not saying you'll like it though :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
isn't this story mirrored in our relationships with our children? Don't kids reject, and then become, their parents, too?

Absolutely!

Check out Kent Hoffman and his Attachment model, The Circle of Security

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in the existence of absolute truth?

was talking in another thread to @amadeus and @bbyrd009 about absolute truth. Wanted to respond further but it was going way off the topic of that thread. Hope you do not mind my posting it here instead. Tossed and turned last night thinking about absolute truth. Yes I believe in the existence of absolute truth. Wish there was more absolute truth for everyone including myself. Absolute truth being what God says about a person...not what I say or others or even their own selves but God. What I thought about so much last night was I’ve been given all my life false truths so much so I could not bear the heavy weight of rejection, inadequacy, fear, self harm and addictions And death...what I need is not more false truths but more absolute truths of what God says. @Not me brought out something one day where God said we are His workmanship...not each others workmanship but God’s workmanship. Every man would do well to hear God whisper absolute truth of come near you are loved despite what is passed. absolute truth being needed more that more false truth. Absolute truth to me would be “with open face beholding in a glass the glory of the Lord ...are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen (Absolute truth)are eternal.

Ephesians 4:23-24 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind(the absolute truth; with open face beholding in a glass the glory of the Lord); [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Depression medicines, drugs to self medicate, not even going hard after things which only lead to more false truths will not transform anyone into who God created them to be in Christ...only absolute truth of a New thing (beholding the glory of the Lord) never before heard for that person when God speaks and changes all the destructive messages planted of you are crap and not worth time or Love or Life.

Is it contained in one document/doctrine/church?

no. It is contained only in God.

Can you possess it fully?

sure hope so but it takes growing trust in what He says about me, instead of what I’ve believed for so very long.

Are you, as a Christian, a distributor of Absolute Truth?

no. Can only share how His love can transform a broken person.

Can you defend it?

no. Don’t have to.

If someone does not recognise your authority as an expert of Absolute Truth are they evil or liars or simply trying to destroy your beliefs?

no. I’m the only evil, liar, destroyer when I turn to that old message of whinnying and complaining and sulking after past things He said is no more remembered.

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen and amadeus

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Do you believe in the existence of absolute truth?

What does it include?

Is it contained in one document/doctrine/church?

Can you possess it fully?

Are you, as a Christian, a distributor of Absolute Truth?

Can you defend it?

If someone does not recognise your authority as an expert of Absolute Truth are they evil or liars or simply trying to destroy your beliefs?

God's word is absolute truth (John 17:17) for if it is not then how can one place trust and faith in something that would be a lie? If it is not truth but lies, then we are wasting our time here debating/discussing lies and opinions. The truth, God's word, can be possessed (John 8:32; 1 John 1:8; 2 John 1:1; 2 Corinthians 11:10; Ephesians 1:13) for salvation is not possible without it (1 Timothy 2:4). If truth cannot be known how then can one know he has erred from truth (James 5:19)? How can one obey the truth if one cannot know what the truth is (1 Peter 1:22)? How can one walk in truth if he cannot know truth (2 John 1:4; 3 John 1:4)? How can one do truth if one cannot know truth (John 3:21)? Truth can be distributed and defended (Jude 1:3; Philippians 1:16; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not biblical. The Scriptures, delivered once and for all. That is the truth.
Even if it were so delivered to any person, until it was also fully understood by that person, he would still be seeing as through a glass darkly. The "face to face" is the goal, but who has already reached it?

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is not biblical. The Scriptures, delivered once and for all. That is the truth.

Phutt... :p

God set us in a Body so that all could contribute.
Not every one has all truth..ie only God is true and has all truth ...God in His fullness has not revealed all....yet.

The best is yet to come...