Absolute Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in the existence of absolute truth?.....Yes.

What does it include?......God, the many Universal Laws, Love and consciousness at the core of all, infinity, why there is a creation...off-the-top of my head.

Is it contained in one document/doctrine/church?....some Truths can be found in those, for example, "God is Love or God is the essence of all that exists or
God is omnipresent, inside knowing all you thoughts or God is the creator of Heaven and earth..."

Can you possess it fully?........'Possess and fully'? We can experience moments of Divine Revelations that are gifts downloaded into us, but fully?
Since God, consciousness Itself is boundless and timeless and we are a part of this Being, yes we can touch upon Absolute Truth...to contain or be aware of it absolutely will come one day , yes...while in human form? Fully? Um, I think in spirit. But, dunno.
I don't limit what God is capable of doing and giving.

Are you, as a Christian, a distributor of Absolute ....who could 'distribute' the Absolute?
Hollywood distributes movies...trucks distribute food...the question can't
be answered as is.
Can someone that has had a glimpse run back into the cave and tell others? Yes.
Can you defend it?....defend that there is such a thing? Absolute Truth for each being here or on other planes? Universal? I don't think so.
An Absolute Truth to me is: all came from God and all will go back to God..just as every drop of water goes back to it's source. How does one 'defend' that?

If someone does not recognise your authority as an expert of Absolute Truth are they evil or liars or simply trying to destroy your beliefs?......"an expert"?
If a person has experienced directly some amazing Truths (good example, that they positively know exactly why we are here; why we exist and the whole of creation..rocks and ants, haha....they have been shown exactly what and who God is...has been shown His Heart and Mind, His burning bottomless need for love....His innocent purity ...)
And a person doesn't believe you...they have their reasons.
The egoic mind will fight such purity...it is not 'the person', per se;
it is the nature of the ego's survival.

Reactions: aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"The Holy Father’s"
for me it started at "Holy Father," i mean who is this person, from Scripture? He simply...is not. Unless k meant "God," which i don't think he did. So then i highly doubt that some Special Person loves truth, as Scripture denies this also.

I’d forgotten about this thread.
I must say, I have never gone looking for absolute truth. Not since the day “way back”
When I read that when Jeasus stood before Pilate ( mmm is that the right spelling? Looks wrong)

And P says to Jesus “ What is truth?” ( so P also wanted to know too!!)
And it says...”And Jesus opened not His mouth” ....
Why? My answer is, Because HE ...TRUTH was standing right in front of Pilate !!

For me...case closed. Jesus IS. Period. :)

I don’t believe there will ever be a different answer.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why? My answer is, Because HE ...TRUTH was standing right in front of Pilate !!
ha, i like the reflection, while at the same time i see many other opinions that don't strike me as being as pertinent, "bc He was guilty" even--don't get that one at all; oh, He was bearing our guilt, is the angle there, iow God was angry and needed a sacrifice kinda deal--anyway, i also see other reflections in this passage...which i now suddenly can't search? um, "answered him not a word," ok, that one, ya

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hummm @bbyrd009
"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all." John 18:38

Matt 27:13-14 "Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee? And He answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly."

Reactions: bbyrd009

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hummm @bbyrd009
"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all." John 18:38

Matt 27:13-14 "Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee? And He answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly."
NO TRUTH IN "BY"

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that the only Absolute Truth would be contained within the Creator of the Heavens and Earth, and would dwell within the realm or place that He dwells. I know that He can give knowledge, and understanding. We have proof of all that He created, But truth! that can only be determined by God, what man thinks to be Truth, can and will be flawed. We have fossils from giant reptiles, were they rely here, we have proof, so did we come from apes, NOT!! there is an old saying " There are Absoluty no Absolute's!! Again to answer the Question-- only contained in the God Head -- God Son Spirit !

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm noticing too many ambiguous posts lately...I dont keep my mind reading antenna
on all day....I have a request ....refer to what or to whom you are posting to !
You guys often post as if you are posting only to yourselves in your own heads...bachelors do that; and also don't shower as much as they should.

Who am I talking to?
See?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would think that the only Absolute Truth would be contained within the Creator of the Heavens and Earth, and would dwell within the realm or place that He dwells. I know that He can give knowledge, and understanding. We have proof of all that He created, But truth! that can only be determined by God, what man thinks to be Truth, can and will be flawed. We have fossils from giant reptiles, were they rely here, we have proof, so did we come from apes, NOT!! there is an old saying " There are Absoluty no Absolute's!! Again to answer the Question-- only contained in the God Head -- God Son Spirit !

AMEN...good post. Agree...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone does not recognise your authority as an expert of Absolute Truth are they evil or liars or simply trying to destroy your beliefs?......"an expert"?
If a person has experienced directly some amazing Truths (good example, that they positively know exactly why we are here; why we exist and the whole of creation..rocks and ants, haha....they have been shown exactly what and who God is...has been shown His Heart and Mind, His burning bottomless need for love....His innocent purity ...)
And a person doesn't believe you...they have their reasons.
The egoic mind will fight such purity...it is not 'the person', per se;
it is the nature of the ego's survival.

I would be especially mindful of this one, because this profound question about why we are here will typically be asked in the following ways:

If God knows the future and he created all to be "good" from the beginning, then why did he allow the fall to happen? What excuse would God have for putting the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden to begin with? If this current world will not be remembered in its fallen state, which presumably means your entire life experience, 'good' and 'bad' in the new heaven and earth, then what was the real point of it all?

These are philosophical questions that we as Christians have to be able to answer convincingly if we are to do what Jesus wanted his body of believers to do, to "make disciples of all nations". It is inevitable that someone, some atheist will ask you these types of questions, and these are questions that are completely understandable to be asking, because they are basically asking you what is the point of living. If you really believe that you know God, or of God, and you can't answer this question, then this will be reason enough for them not to give your faith the light of day, to take it seriously.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO TRUTH IN "BY"
You seem to be holding a grudge. Is this ever a good thing to do?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2

There is certainly truth within our sister @"ByGrace" because she has Jesus who is the truth. She may not have overcome all the world of man yet, but God is still working on her as He is working on all of those who are allowing Him to do so.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus does say the He is the Truth the Way and the Life, so it stands to reason that the Word of God is the Truth. and seeing that all was made via the Word of God all that is true or fact is the result of the Truth that is the Word of God.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in the existence of absolute truth?
Hi Aspen,

The answer is in a question:

Is it absolutely true there is no absolute truth?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in the existence of absolute truth?....................Yes.

What does it include?........................God.

Is it contained in one document/doctrine/church?................................No.

Can you possess it fully?....................................Theoretically, yes.

Are you, as a Christian, a distributor of Absolute Truth?...................................Only if I know it to be the absolute truth.

Can you defend it?.....................................Yes and no.

If someone does not recognise your authority as an expert of Absolute Truth are they evil or liars or simply trying to destroy your beliefs?...................If someone refuses my words I simply move on. Are they evil or liars? That depends.
Hi Job,

Where does scripture say that we, as an individual, can posses "absolute truth"? If it is in scripture, I am not familiar with it.

Thank you in advance....Mary

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Aspen,

The answer is in a question:

Is it absolutely true there is no absolute truth?

Mary

There is certainly the possibility of absolute truth, but is it accessesible? Obtainable? Knoweable?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is certainly the possibility of absolute truth, but is it accessesible? Obtainable? Knoweable?
Hi,

First off thank you for this thread.

POSSIBILITY of absolute truth? What does that make scripture? Possibly true?

We know there is absolute truth and that is absolutely true.

It is accessible, obtainable and knowable. It is called scripture.

Are you suggesting God gave us the Truth but he is hiding it from us?

curious Mary

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

First off thank you for this thread.

POSSIBILITY of absolute truth? What does that make scripture? Possibly true?

We know there is absolute truth and that is absolutely true.

It is accessible, obtainable and knowable. It is called scripture.

curious Mary

I tend to see us following our ancestors A&E by hiding from absolute truth. The question of whether the Bible is absolute truth or not (personally, i see the Bible as a photo album of absolute truth and our response to it), is secondary to our abiblity to read, process and apply it to our lives

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to see us following our ancestors A&E by hiding from absolute truth. The question of whether the Bible is absolute truth or not (personally, i see the Bible as a photo album of absolute truth and our response to it), is secondary to our abiblity to read, process and apply it to our lives
Hi aspen,

How did A&E hide from absolute truth? Eve actually ate the forbidden fruit so that her eyes would be opened. She was thinking that she would be like God, knowing good and evil. She thought it would make her wise. She was hoping to be like God. It does not appear they were hiding from The Truth. It appears they were trying to obtain all truth and be God like. I don't follow your line of thinking on this.

Are you saying God gave us the Truth (scripture) but he didn't give us the ability to process it and apply it to our lives? How can he hold us accountable for violating this truth (by sending us to eternal damnation) if we can't process it and apply it to our lives?

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
definitely, yes, as plainly stated, many times

Agree...He gave it clearly...and then hides it for us to search it out.
Prov 26:2 "The honour of God is to hide a thing, And the honour of kings to search out a matter."

Reactions: ScottA and bbyrd009