Ad: Pictures that share too much

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I clicked on it to get the web address, it read, What are the tips from flight attendants that every passenger should know before traveling?.

The ad I saw on CyB read 'Pictures that share too much.' It showed 3 women, presumably flight attendants, with big smiles fondling their own breasts. Maybe I'm a prude but it does not seem very appropriate on a Christian forum. Am I wrong?

Download an ad blocker. It's not rocket science.

Incidentally, the ads you see are funneled to you based upon what some artificial intelligence (software data-mining program) has determined to within it's estimation of your particular interests. For example, I didn't see an ad for "Pictures that share too much" rather I don't see any ads at all on my desktop computer because I've blocked them from popping up. On my mobile however, I see ads for an Eczema treatment, presumably because I've recently searched "folliculitis" after developing a rash on my cheek.

So the AI "knows" that I might need some sort of ointment, hence it channels those kinds of ads. You likely searched flights, or destinations, or something travel related, that in turn generated the ad you reference. As for the fondling....? Well, the AI likely knows that in addition to potential travel, you also likely favor breasts. What can I say? It's algorithm-based with things of interest it gleaned from your search history.

For a time I enjoyed those little Tik Tok videos. I told the platform that I liked sports, music, entertainment, humor, and so forth.... and for a time I'd get a lot of videos in 'my feed' that focused on just those things, but every once in awhile there would also be some cute girl doing a silly little dance move that would then be repeated by countless others doing the same little dance. "My money don't jiggle, jiggle.... it folds....' You can watch thousands of girls perform their interpretation of this silly song.

The "trend" came about so innocently with an interview where a young lady asked a nice gent if he could remember any of the rap he'd done....

And so a "trend" was begun.... with everyone joining in.

But then, just last week a friend asked me if I have Tik Tok.....

NO! I said. I admitted I used to watch it, but then after time I stopped it and deleted the app (It's Chinese spy-ware, don't ya know?) but that's not the reason I gave her. I said-- I got tired of it. It seemed it was just non-stop young women shaking their boobs and showing off their (ahem) assets.

She laughed out loud..... "Whatever" she said.... 'You know 'your feed' is algorithm-generated, right?' (in other words, based on your likes).

Last edited: