Adam and Eve !?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
were they born again Christians - could they be born again before they died ? -twinc

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
were they born again Christians - could they be born again before they died ? -twinc

From the little evidence given in the Book of Genesis, God did redeem them for their sin, because people understood the consequences of sin before God after the Flood. Adam and Eve told their descendants about the serious consequences of sins towards God.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
We are not told. But it is significant that they are not mentioned in Hebrews 11.

it follows that as saviour Jesus was sent in the main to save the sons of God[and daughters]= children of God and He has succeeded and is succeeding - Adam most certainly was a son of God[Lk 3:38] - Abraham, unlike Nicodemus, saw that he would be born again and rejoiced - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am totally confident that they were...
....except you are probably trying to catch us out...because we all know that there were no " Christians" before the book of acts.
Believers and followers yes, even though had had lost their original position in the Garden with God. Which is where the foolish virgins will be...loss of position, but not loss of life.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are not told. But it is significant that they are not mentioned in Hebrews 11.

I thought of that when I wrote my post above.
Hebrews 11 is the chapter of those who overcame by faith.
Sadly Adam and Eve didn't.
It will be interesting to see..

Do you think we will all 'know' them in the Kingdom?
I know we wont have those kind of emotions there...but it will be strange if we do know them there...in starting all this :)

But I have always believed ..if The Lamb was slain from before the beginning of the world...then it seems a set-up for them..as it was for Job.
God Himself allowed or put the Serpent in the Tree. What on earth was he doing in the Garden !!!!

One day God will reveal all the things as they were really intended to be.

Reactions: Enoch111

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought of that when I wrote my post above.
Hebrews 11 is the chapter of those who overcame by faith.
Sadly Adam and Eve didn't.
It will be interesting to see..

Do you think we will all 'know' them in the Kingdom?
I know we wont have those kind of emotions there...but it will be strange if we do know them there...in starting all this :)

But I have always believed ..if The Lamb was slain from before the beginning of the world...then it seems a set-up for them..as it was for Job.
God Himself allowed or put the Serpent in the Tree. What on earth was he doing in the Garden !!!!

One day God will reveal all the things as they were really intended to be.

If I was God, I would have set them up the exact same way, knowing temptation was going to be the only outcome no matter what anyway. ;)

Reactions: Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

How big a bible do you want if you want all of the righteous people from the OT era to be mentioned in Hebrews 11?

The writer of Hebrews has given us a sample of those who God, through the author, considered worthy of being mentioned.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How big a bible do you want if you want all of the righteous people from the OT era to be mentioned in Hebrews 11?
The point is that Paul starts with Abel, not Adam. Since Adam is the progenitor of the human race, it would be reasonable to expect his name at the top. But it is missing.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

unlike us they were punished and in pain and suffering earned heaven -twinc

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They were not born-again, but they were of God; children of God.

No they could not be 'born-again' before they died. The death and resurrection of Christ was necessary for that to occur.

I think they were left out of (Heb. 11) because unlike all others they had a relationship with God prior to the fall. In other words, would their 'faith' be 'faith' having experienced that already?

But they were most certainly saved later and that by 'faith'. God gave the promise of the Redeemer to come in (Gen. 3:15). Eve believed God, (Gen. 4:1). And Adam believed God, (3:20).

The new-birth, could not occur until Christ's death, resurrection, ascension, and then the Holy Spirit's coming. But when the saints in the Old Testament exercised saving faith towards God, their spirit would no longer be dead to God, as it is before one is saved. It would now be alive to God, yet it did not have the indwelling Holy Ghost.

Will we know them, Adam and Eve, there? Of course we will. Just like we will get to know all the saints. I believe we will have all our emotions there just like here. We will look what we look like now with the affects of sin removed. Certainly means the removing of aging.

Will we remember our earthly sojourn? Of course. If we can't, how can we recognize all who have gone before us? What good is our earthly sojourn which is for building and shaping us, if we can't remember it?

Stranger

Reactions: Helen