Adam and Mary........Mediatrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
it seems Adam was complicit in Eve's sin as she was 'flesh of my flesh bone of my bone as was also the case with Mary and Jesus imho - twinc

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seems Adam was complicit in Eve's sin as she was 'flesh of my flesh bone of my bone as was also the case with Mary and Jesus imho - twinc

Interesting

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All of this sounds quite bizarre and unbiblical.

Adam was not "complicit" in Eve's sin, since she managed quite nicely to sin on her own. But Adam knowingly accepted her invitation to eat of the forbidden fruit after she had eaten. He could have refrained from eating, but chose not to, and therefore he is held responsible for bringing a curse on humanity (and on creation).

Mary and Jesus have absolutely nothing to do with this, and Mary is NOT a Mediatrix whatsoever. There is only one Mediator between God and men -- the Man Christ Jesus. Jesus was conceived supernaturally in Mary's womb while she was a virgin. Therefore He was free from the taint of the Adamic sin nature, and was fully sinless Man and fully God at one and the same time.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Okay....keep talking ..so we can see where this plot is going.... :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
imho by one woman sin entered the world and by one woman salvation entered the world - twinc

Okay ....Now I can see the typology ...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:rolleyes:
the scary part is you're serious twinc, i mean how much more antiScriptural can you possibly get

Not scripture...but it is a type....not a perfect type , but a spiritual type non the less.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this sounds quite bizarre and unbiblical.

Adam was not "complicit" in Eve's sin, since she managed quite nicely to sin on her own. But Adam knowingly accepted her invitation to eat of the forbidden fruit after she had eaten. He could have refrained from eating, but chose not to, and therefore he is held responsible for bringing a curse on humanity (and on creation).

Mary and Jesus have absolutely nothing to do with this, and Mary is NOT a Mediatrix whatsoever. There is only one Mediator between God and men -- the Man Christ Jesus. Jesus was conceived supernaturally in Mary's womb while she was a virgin. Therefore He was free from the taint of the Adamic sin nature, and was fully sinless Man and fully God at one and the same time.

Good post @Enoch111 ,
We might remind Twinc that Mary too, needed a saviour ...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Sin entered through Adam, not Mary,,,which makes this discussion moot.
The Edenic Covenant was made with Adam, not Eve.

There is but one mediater, the man Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you had your saviour before you were born why not Mary - twinc
Why not Mary, huh. Does Jesus, -Son of God-savior-GOD need Mary's help in communicating to his children most especially in light of the Gospel? That curtain has been rent from top to bottom opening the ONLY way to God The Father-Jesus. Yes, Mary is to be honored among women...does NOT mean she has ANY part in our WAY to God Almighty.
-Peace and grace to you!
-nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
you had your saviour before you were born why not Mary - twinc
lots of reasons; marriage as a concept is being ignored--Adam and Eve are really two aspects of one person, a relationship that Mary does not share with Jesus--Scripture is being ignored, in many places, and Virgin Cult worship is being advanced, imo.
Iow just another day in the life of a Catholic, i guess

"
The Virgin cult which managed to attach itself to Mary was not originally Marian because it stems from deep antiquity. In Biblical times it had its most recent installment in Pallas Athena. The noun παλλας (pallas) means youth or the childlike conditions just prior to the adolescent journey to adulthood, and the verb παλλω (pallo) means to exist in the stationary conditions just prior to a setting off (of a missile being launched, of lots to be tossed).

It's not wholly clear where the name Athena technically comes from but various stories suggest that it represents a plural (Athenai) which in turn refers to a cluster of divine daughters of Zeus, which were personifications of city states, or more precise: the societies that could crystallize by merit of specific social theories and their enforcement..." http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Mary.html#.W1eO3NJKiUl

emphasis on the "enforcement" part, of course "Pax" was a cruel joke to those ruled by Rome from afar, as well as to poor Romans; and only became one to the rich at the Fall of Empire, when they all ate each other.

Roman "Pax" is always at the point of a gun

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
this is getting pretty ridic imo; we got enough Catholics in the woodpile here yet, guys?
their "church" is melting, so let's let them dictate to ours now?
how can i in good conscience post a thread next to this pagan yack?

Reactions: amadeus and Truth

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Sin entered through Adam, not Mary,,,which makes this discussion moot.
The Edenic Covenant was made with Adam, not Eve.

There is but one mediater, the man Jesus.

sin really entered the world through Eve - why do you not accept what the bible says at 1 Timothy 2:14 - twinc
Why not Mary, huh. Does Jesus, -Son of God-savior-GOD need Mary's help in communicating to his children most especially in light of the Gospel? That curtain has been rent from top to bottom opening the ONLY way to God The Father-Jesus. Yes, Mary is to be honored among women...does NOT mean she has ANY part in our WAY to God Almighty.
-Peace and grace to you!
-nancy

youi and I played no part in the rending thereof but Mary certainly did imho - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
lots of reasons; marriage as a concept is being ignored--Adam and Eve are really two aspects of one person, a relationship that Mary does not share with Jesus--Scripture is being ignored, in many places, and Virgin Cult worship is being advanced, imo.
Iow just another day in the life of a Catholic, i guess

"
The Virgin cult which managed to attach itself to Mary was not originally Marian because it stems from deep antiquity. In Biblical times it had its most recent installment in Pallas Athena. The noun παλλας (pallas) means youth or the childlike conditions just prior to the adolescent journey to adulthood, and the verb παλλω (pallo) means to exist in the stationary conditions just prior to a setting off (of a missile being launched, of lots to be tossed).

It's not wholly clear where the name Athena technically comes from but various stories suggest that it represents a plural (Athenai) which in turn refers to a cluster of divine daughters of Zeus, which were personifications of city states, or more precise: the societies that could crystallize by merit of specific social theories and their enforcement..." http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Mary.html#.W1eO3NJKiUl

emphasis on the "enforcement" part, of course "Pax" was a cruel joke to those ruled by Rome from afar, as well as to poor Romans; and only became one to the rich at the Fall of Empire, when they all ate each other.

Roman "Pax" is always at the point of a gun

what a load of rubbish and nonsense with no connection to the OP - talk about eating each other how about now - why not eat the holy manna from heaven[Jn 6:53-59] - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
sin really entered the world through Eve - why do you not accept what the bible says at 1 Timothy 2:14 - twinc

I'll tell you exactly why Twinc, since we've been around this block before.
Please study the Edenic Covenant, since you won't take my word for it.
Then you tell me with whom the Covenant was made....
Was it made with Adam or was it made with Eve?
So who broke the Covenant? Adam or Eve?

Romans 5:12 tells us that sin entered the world through a man, Adam:
12Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

1 Corinthians 15:21a tells us that sin entered the world through a man, Adam:
21For since by a man came death,

As to 1 Timothy 2:14,,,
14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
This is telling us that Eve was the one who was deceived by satan. The verse would suggest that men have a stronger will...so satan got to Adam via Eve, who was easier to deceive by satan. Of course, Adam could have said no to Eve when she offered him the forbidden fruit. She would have displeased God, but would not have caused the fall of all mankind.

Blessings

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
this is getting pretty ridic imo; we got enough Catholics in the woodpile here yet, guys?
their "church" is melting, so let's let them dictate to ours now?
how can i in good conscience post a thread next to this pagan yack?

only good Protestants will be born again as Catholics as this is impossible fpr most Protestants who are pagans who refuse to put on Christ but prefer to remain human beasts and pagans [Jn 6:53-59] and walk no more with Him[Jn 6I66] - tweinc