Adam......son of God.....Lk.3:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was Adam's Father and/or Mother

Adam wasn't birthed; he was manufactured.

†. Gen 2:7 . .The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground

In Adam's case; the word "son" simply indicates his origin rather than his
daddy.

Buen Camino
/

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Adam was a created being.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
a little off topic, but I was just reading the otherday that the ' sons of God' relates to a direct creation of God. Adam was a Son of God, the angels are sons of God, and we (Christians) are a son of God (because we are a new Creation in Christ). Jesus was the only begotten Son of God. I think this is because God actually Fathered Jesus thru the Holy Spirit in the immaculate conception.

What do you think about that? It made since to me. :)

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi rand,

All I want to say to your post is, context, context, context. Depending on the context, 'sons of God' may or may not relate to 'create'.

To create is to make something from nothing. Adam was formed from dust first... So, maybe his sonship of God was created, but only that.

I've never thought of that before... That's quite interesting... thank you! :)

rand

Sep 10, 2012
yeah, He created Adam from the dust, which He also created--on the sixth day He created man in His own image. Male and female He created them.

God is so Awesome!

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
That must have been a long sixth day... Didn't Adam walk around and survey the animals and garden before he got lonely, then God put him to sleep and made Eve?