Against all odds

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

If I am walking with God and you are not then God has already told US how to deal with the "situation" and it is a general rule: Matthew 18:15

Mary
I hope you will always get it right by following what you see as a general rule.

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are hearing God's voice and He wants us to know the answers to your questions about a person, we will. If we are not hearing Him and the person who may be deluded doesn't provide the information, we cannot figure it out. At least, I cannot.
Thank you.

Don't take this the wrong way. It is a serious question based on what you have stated. Is it possible you are deluded?

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above is your response to this question: Shouldn't we know or be able to figure out who is the wolf in sheep's clothing or who is twisting scripture? Scripture tells us that there will be false prophets/messiahs who will deceive us. Scripture says it's going to happen so how do we know when it has happened and who it is?

I don't see an answer to my questions but maybe your being cryptic and I just can't decipher it.....moving on.
The answer is that a person who has the Holy Ghost within who is always listening to and following the lead of the Holy Ghost will always knows what he needs to know when he needs to know it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you will always get it right by following what you see as a general rule.
Well, since The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth (like scripture says) and if we take our differences to The Church (like scripture says we are supposed to) then why wouldn't I "always get it right"?

Do you think you always get it right? If not, are you not concerned?

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does that not make it possible that you and I THINK we are hearing (and know) his voice when we may actually be only hearing what our ears want to hear???

Mary

Hi Mary
I know that you don't much like partial quotes...but obviously cant disagree with the rest .
As you have said many times...there wouldn't be so many denominations if everyone WAS hearing the same thing.

Yes , to the part that I quote above...
That is where I believe that Faith comes in. "To every man is given the measure of faith.."
And as you have heard me say many many times...I do not believe that God even judges by how much or how little faith we have...or Jesus would have included it in the last Great Commandments..
God will measure how much love we have, for Him and for our neighbour.

So the purity of our hearing is not really the issue...but we live a happier life if we personally have faith in that what we hear is what God spoke to us.
If I am wrong...then al least I die happy! :D

I believe that about lots of things...I don't fret about what I do not know...I just know Who I know, and I trust Him for the 'end game'.
I don't know much, but I do know that Love Wins ....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is that a person who has the Holy Ghost within who is always listening to and following the lead of the Holy Ghost will always knows what he needs to know when he needs to know it.
What if that person falls under YOUR delusional scenario? How can that person be sure they have the Holy Ghost within them? Based on your theory, they can't. They are only deceiving themselves.

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Don't take this the wrong way. It is a serious question based on what you have stated. Is it possible you are deluded?

Mary
See my post #37 which explains how I seek to avoid ever being deluded or to get out of any delusion.

The delusions come because we do not love truth [ II Thess 2:10-11 ]. If we always love the truth, we will never be deluded. One thing is going to the "lowest room" regularly and another thing is asking God to help us regularly [ Matt 7:7-8 ]. People, I believe, make the mistake of thinking they must always know all of the truth correctly in order to love it. Rather, we need to love the truth, even though we may not know it completely.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary
I know that you don't much like partial quotes...but obviously cant disagree with the rest .
As you have said many times...there wouldn't be so many denominations if everyone WAS hearing the same thing.

Yes , to the part that I quote above...
That is where I believe that Faith comes in. "To every man is given the measure of faith.."
And as you have heard me say many many times...I do not believe that God even judges by how much or how little faith we have...or Jesus would have included it in the last Great Commandments..
God will measure how much love we have, for Him and for our neighbour.

So the purity of our hearing is not really the issue...but we live a happier life if we personally have faith in that what we hear is what God spoke to us.
If I am wrong...then al least I die happy! :D

I believe that about lots of things...I don't fret about what I do not know...I just know Who I know, and I trust Him for the 'end game'.
I don't know much, but I do know that Love Wins ....
Thank you BG. You know me all to well (partial quotes thing) :)

I believe we will be measured by more than how much love we have for Him and our neighbor. I don't know the verse in scripture that supports your statement. Can you help me with that?

Mary

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if that person falls under YOUR delusional scenario? How can that person be sure they have the Holy Ghost within them? Based on your theory, they can't. They are only deceiving themselves.

Mary
They keep on asking for God help, as all of us should be doing daily, and keep on loving the truth, which is Jesus, even when we are still only seeing him as through a glass darkly.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See my post #37 which explains how I seek to avoid ever being deluded or to get out of any delusion.

The delusions come because we do not love truth [ II Thess 2:10-11 ]. If we always love the truth, we will never be deluded. One thing is going to the "lowest room" regularly and another thing is asking God to help us regularly [ Matt 7:7-8 ]. People, I believe, make the mistake of thinking they must always know all of the truth correctly in order to love it. Rather, we need to love the truth, even though we may not know it completely.
Wonderfully put @amadeus !

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you....I already read post #37. The Luke 14 section you quoted has NOTHING to do with preventing yourself from being delusional.

Based on your own theory you could be delusional and not know it. But it is fair to say based on your theory I may be delusional also and think I am not and think that you are....;).

Do not love who's truth??? Yours? Mine? The Baptist? Catholics? Mormons? Islam's??

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth (like scripture says) and if we take our differences to The Church (like scripture says we are supposed to) then why wouldn't I "always get it right"?

Do you think you always get it right? If not, are you not concerned?

Mary
We are to be growing. Growth means things are changing, which means we are becoming more like Jesus. God looks at what we have been given and what we have done with it. Not everyone has been given the same things and not everyone has used what they have been given in the same way. Jesus speaks about it here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Everyone has time and brains and money and education or in each case a lesser or greater portion. What have they done or what are they doing with their portion?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They keep on asking for God help, as all of us should be doing daily, and keep on loving the truth, which is Jesus, even when we are still only seeing him as through a glass darkly.
What you are saying is if we ask for Gods help we are delusional? And you have made it clear a delusional person may not know they are delusional.

What truth? Yours? MINE??? JW's?? Pentecostal??? Joe's corner bible church, anywhere USA?

Confused Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderfully put @amadeus !
Hmmm....maybe you can decipher it for me? I can't understand what he is saying.

(See my post #37 which explains how I seek to avoid ever being deluded or to get out of any delusion. The delusions come because we do not love truth [ II Thess 2:10-11 ]. If we always love the truth, we will never be deluded. One thing is going to the "lowest room" regularly and another thing is asking God to help us regularly [ Matt 7:7-8 ]. People, I believe, make the mistake of thinking they must always know all of the truth correctly in order to love it. Rather, we need to love the truth, even though we may not know it completely.)

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you....I already read post #37. The Luke 14 section you quoted has NOTHING to do with preventing yourself from being delusional.

Based on your own theory you could be delusional and not know it. But it is fair to say based on your theory I may be delusional also and think I am not and think that you are....;).

Do not love who's truth??? Yours? Mine? The Baptist? Catholics? Mormons? Islam's??

Mary

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6
Regardless of denomination or church affiliation or the lack thereof, Jesus is the truth we are to love. Can we love him without knowing him perfectly? Should not our vision of Him be improving each day we walk with Him?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to be growing. Growth means things are changing, which means we are becoming more like Jesus. God looks at what we have been given and what we have done with it. Not everyone has been given the same things and not everyone has used what they have been given in the same way. Jesus speaks about it here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Everyone has time and brains and money and education or in each case a lesser or greater portion. What have they done or what are they doing with their portion?
Soooooo you don't think you will always get it right????? You are still growing and that means you are changing??

Changing what??? What you believed 5-10-15 or 50 years ago???? Do you keep discovering NEW TRUTHS of scripture??

I think that's what you are saying.....:(

Confused Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6
Regardless of denomination or church affiliation or the lack thereof, Jesus is the truth we are to love. Can we love him without knowing him perfectly? Should not our vision of Him be improving each day we walk with Him?
So all I have to do is love Jesus and that means I love "the truth"?

Confused Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo you don't think you will always get it right????? You are still growing and that means you are changing??

Changing what??? What you believed 5-10-15 or 50 years ago???? Do you keep discovering NEW TRUTHS of scripture??

I think that's what you are saying.....:(

Confused Mary
There is only one truth,, which is Jesus or the Word? But what man of us knows all of it completely and correctly? What did John the Baptist mean here?

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Was he not speaking of the same "new man" and "old man" the apostle Paul mentions here?

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Eph 4:22-24

Did not Jesus also grow?
"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

The apostle Paul makes it clear that growth is needed from the "as through a glass darkly" to the "face to face" [see I Cor 13:12].

This an improvement in vision or understanding.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all I have to do is love Jesus and that means I love "the truth"?

Confused Mary
Is that not what I said? But in loving Jesus don't forget the danger our friend @bbyrd009 warned us about with Nehushtan. Loving Jesus means more than just mouthing the words, "I love Jesus".

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm....maybe you can decipher it for me? I can't understand what he is saying.
I think what @amadeus is basically saying is that, as long as we honestly SEEK the TRUTH, The Holy Spirit will lead us into ALL Truth. And, my simple answer to this is "Be it done unto you according to your faith". Also, we will know the false prophets and teachers by their fruit. We are personal beings and God deals with us on a very personal basis as, He alone knows our hearts...much better than even WE do ourselves. If I have His peace that so does surpass all understanding!, that is where I will stay. Satan has so splintered the Church and, as long as we are living in this broken and sinful world...we will never be as one, never be in the same place on the only road that leads to Truth...Truth itself-Jesus Christ. Just honestly and humbly seek His face and make Him first in ALL things.
Sorry if I rambled on.