AGAPE! I hope this Forum has many who...QUESTION!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be the God of Israel.
You should make a list of your questions and post it. It'll save a lot of this needless back and forth.
Sound good?

You mean it wasn't Jesus or a Ghost?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need Strong's Or Young's Bible Concordances.
You can even GOOGLE "LORD God" to find out!

Warning: You WON'T like the Answer!
I receive very few surprises any more my friend except from God and in one sense those also may not be surprises. What I mean is that I expect from Him the unexpected. My concordance is Strong's. I do understand your point. Thanks for the consideration.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anywhere near Seattle Amadeus?
i would LOVE to meet you in person!
Sorry, I am an old Okie born who grew up in California and moved back to Oklahoma in 1987. I was last in Seattle in 1966 while stationed at Ft Lewis with the US Army. My paternal grandmother's family was from Yakima, but I lost touch with them many years ago.

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I receive very few surprises any more my friend except from God and in one sense those also may not be surprises. What I mean is that I expect from Him the unexpected. My concordance is Strong's. I do understand your point. Thanks for the consideration.

Look up "LORD" as connected to "LORD God"!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I am an old Okie born who grew up in California and moved back to Oklahoma in 1987. I was last in Seattle in 1966 while stationed at Ft Lewis with the US Army. My paternal grandmother's family was from Yakima, but I lost touch with them many years ago.

Sigh! It's rare when I 'meet' someone so interesting!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look up "LORD" as connected to "LORD God"!
I have done this recently. I forget the reason, but another person on some forum mentioned the difference in the usage in caps in English, so I looked it up. I made a copy of the information, but my old mind doesn't hold things like it used to... But, I am still listening to what God has to say and many times He is speaking through people... even through people who sometimes quickly wear out their welcome with other Christians.

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ex7_1.jpg

Notice what "LORD" really is from this interlinear? (Google ISA Interlinear)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ex7_1.jpg

Notice what "LORD" really is from this interlinear? (Google ISA Interlinear)
Thank you for that. That is not exactly what I found before, but yours amplifies it a bit. The verse from Genesis is a good one that I have used in past conversations in trying to explain my position of who Jesus is/was and who the Father was... as I see it.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what's your question?
default_noidea.gif

Good one...that made me laugh out loud.
I guess we are the ones with the question , but he is the one with the answers.
When I was a young question I had lots of questions...over the decades God has faithfully answered most of them.
The ONLY question that really matters is.." And He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ."
Most everything else is irrelevant ..what sayeth thou Job? ;)

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONLY question that really matters is.." And He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ."
Most everything else is irrelevant ..what sayeth thou Job?
;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.
For Jesus said~

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

When you ignore his God and Father, you ignore him, and only pretend to be Christian.

Reactions: mjrhealth

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be the God of Israel.

You should make a list of your questions and post it. It'll save a lot of this needless back and forth.

Sound good?

WHO was the God of Israel?
I have no Questions, so far, except as to what others believe- and WHY!

So far, out of all the many forums I have been on, THIS is the Very BEST!
Many thinkers- and even those that aren't don't get as insulting as on ALL the rest!

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prospect of thinking and questioning scares many....
Thinking is overrated.

Not that I would recommend not thinking. But it is "knowing" that should be desired and sought after.

Thinking is a journey. Knowing is a destination.

It is a very strange thing that we who are Christians are referred to as "believers", when the Word of God is actually "known" and therefore "written." These things I could not say if I were not among the "knowing", and yet it is a marvel that those who merely "believe" are greatly accredited by Christ for their faith.

Isn't God awesome?!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thinking is overrated.

Not that I would recommend not thinking. But it is "knowing" that should be desired and sought after.

Thinking is a journey. Knowing is a destination.

It is a very strange thing that we who are Christians are referred to as "believers", when the Word of God is actually "known" and therefore "written." These things I could not say if I were not among the "knowing", and yet it is a marvel that those who merely "believe" are greatly accredited by Christ for their faith.

Isn't God awesome?!

I love that Scott...good thoughts. :)

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wrong.
For Jesus said~

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

When you ignore his God and Father, you ignore him, and only pretend to be Christian.
Who need God they apparently have a book, that replaced Him

Reactions: pia