Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My mom wanted to get hers done but was scared. I told her if she wanted I would get mine done too and I would go first.
I remember that..
.. long time ago..
@Ziggy So...you had more confidence for it than she did... :)

You must have been quite a determined young lady....and it was to help your mom also to do it...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes actually pierced my own ear with a threading needle it got infected though. Pretty gross. Never again lol. I don’t see many people wearing earings much becuase I don’t pay attention to that I guess.

Did you?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes actually pierced my own ear with a threading needle it got infected though. Pretty gross. Never again lol. I don’t see many people wearing earings much becuase I don’t pay attention to that I guess.

Did you?
@MatthewG Perhaps this reinforces the wisdom of going to the mall jeweler's to have it done (or even to the tattoo parlor where they likely also do it). I think if an adolescent young man really wants to have studs put in his parents should probably just let him, or even take him to the jeweler themselves to make sure it's done cleanly and properly. I haven't worn them for years, but it can be a perfectly wholesome to want to do, right?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, I do not see a problem with it. It would be the wisest thing to let someone who is a profession in that field to do that for them. You know have meet or seen people with really wild tattoos even on their face. I think it is pretty cool in retrospect it is just ink. And we can not know a persons heart, only God can.

To have love for them because love is not just for any single person agape Love from God is for all to all people even The president.

The Bible says pray for all people.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure, I do not see a problem with it. It would be the wisest thing to let someone who is a profession in that field to do that for them.
@MatthewG

Just as for young men and women the 18th birthday is often around the time for the first visit to the parlor for a long-planned tattoo (maybe even with a tattoo gift certificate), it's likely that a year or two before then both adolescent young men and women often expect the studs to be put through their ears; and it too can be a wise gift from parents to take them to the jeweler or parlor to make sure it's done properly. Done that way, it need not be problematic, like you rightly say.

(I agree about praying for those who may be hostile to us.)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes seen one at the store the other day walking by the front lobby way: it’s not something I pay attention to often. Must have thought about you and said hey Farouk was right about ear rings.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes seen one at the store the other day walking by the front lobby way: it’s not something I pay attention to often. Must have thought about you and said hey Farouk was right about ear rings.
@MatthewG Yes, for a young man I guess they are a bit like the equivalent of cuff-links: a pair of rugged, manly ear studs can make a good b-day gift at around 18 from parents to a young man. (The young women of course tend often to go for the bigger hoops, etc.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... I still love my earrings.
@Pearl These days it's the young men who also put studs -often chunky - or small rings through their earlobes: for them now it's really like cuff-links have been for many decades: something worn on special occasions, maybe.

But of course it's the young women, once they have gotten their holes put in, who often soon graduate to the larger hoops or pendants.

People find their personal style. Earrings feature repeatedly in the Bible.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl These days it's the young men who also put studs -often chunky - or small rings through their earlobes: for them now it's really like cuff-links have been for many decades: something worn on special occasions, maybe.

But of course it's the young women, once they have gotten their holes put in, who often soon graduate to the larger hoops or pendants.

People find their personal style. Earrings feature repeatedly in the Bible.
Earrings for men seems to be a trend that has died a death over here. It's our Golden wedding anniversary next month and my husband doesn't wear a watch, cufflinks of tie pin so i asked if he'd like his ears pierced so I could get him some earring instead. I can't describe the face he pulled. :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Earrings for men seems to be a trend that has died a death over here. It's our Golden wedding anniversary next month and my husband doesn't wear a watch, cufflinks of tie pin so i asked if he'd like his ears pierced so I could get him some earring instead. ..
@Pearl

May God bless you both richly; 1 Samuel 7.12: EBENEZER - 'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us'. :)

I reckon that you would rather like the idea of giving him a special pair of earrings, if he were willing. Like I said, often it's the larger hoops or pendants that women in time graduate to after having their ears done. (Often a second hole for a tiny earring is done behind the pair of holes for the pendants.) But for a man, a rugged pair of small, chunky studs or rings can give a sense of completeness for special occasions or life milestones. For a man, having them put in can add a sense of confident deportment.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl

May God bless you both richly; 1 Samuel 7.12: EBENEZER - 'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us'. :)

I reckon that you would rather like the idea of giving him a special pair of earrings, if he were willing. Like I said, often it's the larger hoops or pendants that women in time graduate to after having their ears done. (Often a second hole for a tiny earring is done behind the pair of holes for the pendants.) But for a man, a rugged pair of small, chunky studs or rings can give a sense of completeness for special occasions or life milestones. For a man, having them put in can add a sense of confident deportment.
It was a joke farouk. He is 'old school' and definitely would not want earrings at 82. I recently bought some that are real leaves dipped in gold.
upload_2021-11-10_18-12-16.jpeg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl If you ask him again, see if he takes it 100% as a joke.... :) But no, you must know...

Haven't seen any like that before....interesting design idea... so are they rather heavy to wear?
He definitely took it as a joke and knew I wasn't serious. I'm the only one in this house that wears earrings,

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl You were telling us about some guys in your church; but maybe they don't wear them any more.
That was going back about 35 years farouk and they are all old men by now. I just got myself some new ones:
1401967971-45932300.png