Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG When you did it, you did one ear only, right? often guys that do it get both done.

It can anyway be a manly thing to keep in a simple pair of thick, chunky ones. Sometimes guys prefer them plain; sometimes sparkly; did you have a preference?

have you ever pierced your own ear before? Or got any tattoos?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
[Noted comment via PM from MatthewG. For the record, I haven't worn an earring for years; the oriental design on my arm didn't turn out well; some ppl's designs do turn out a lot better...]

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As believers, our identity is in Christ: “You died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3, NLT). ;.

We seam to be living more and more for the created rather than the creator looking for things of the world rather than of God. I don't need things like ear rings, body piercings, tattoos that worldly people have.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As believers, our identity is in Christ: “You died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3, NLT). ;.

We seam to be living more and more for the created rather than the creator looking for things of the world rather than of God. I don't need things like ear rings, body piercings, tattoos that worldly people have.
@Friends of Jesus Oh I wholeheartedly agree. At the same time, the path of legalism tries to prohibit what might well be reasonable in moderation.

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Friends of Jesus Oh I wholeheartedly agree. At the same time, the path of legalism tries to prohibit what might well be reasonable in moderation.

It's like having one foot in and one foot out with God. Are we not told to give our self's fully to the Lord? There is a great danger too when people say reasonable in moderation. Where is the borderline to moderation? I believe Jesus gives it to us when He says that we must be born again, we must die to our old self's.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's like having one foot in and one foot out with God. Are we not told to give our self's fully to the Lord? There is a great danger too when people say reasonable in moderation. Where is the borderline to moderation? I believe Jesus gives it to us when He says that we must be born again, we must die to our old self's.
@Friends of Jesus You make some good points; it's good to remember also that the Lord Himself gave earrings to Zion, part of a picture of imputed righteousness; and in Genesis Rebakah's earring was a symbol of the pledge of God, today seen in the sacred deposit of the Holy Spirit. So while ppl may or may not wear them, they are all part of the language of Scripture in aiding our understanding.

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Friends of Jesus You make some good points; it's good to remember also that the Lord Himself gave earrings to Zion, part of a picture of imputed righteousness; and in Genesis Rebakah's earring was a symbol of the pledge of God, today seen in the sacred deposit of the Holy Spirit. So while ppl may or may not wear them, they are all part of the language of Scripture in aiding our understanding.

I understand that my friend but we seam to say amen to the things of the Old testament and when it comes to the new testament of the New covenant I see more scripture going against it. I am reminded of what 1 Peter 3:3-6 King James Version says
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I understand that my friend but we seam to say amen to the things of the Old testament and when it comes to the new testament of the New covenant I see more scripture going against it. I am reminded of what 1 Peter 3:3-6 King James Version says
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
The emphasis in the NT is always on the inward and spiritual, indeed. A good passage to quote.

The NT also warns against legalism. If we can't tolerate in others the moderate choices they make for themselves, exercising Romans 14 Christian liberty, this is pure legalism.

Just to put you in the picture, I know that there is a vast difference between some local churches and others, but where my wife and I go a majority of the young men and boys have probably showed wearing earrings from time to time, let alone the women. It just is not unusual.

(PS: As @Heart2Soul says she sees in her work the effect of not doing it properly, there are ways of doing it safely if ppl really want to do it.)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I bought these for my daughter's birthday.. They are quite tiny. She doesn't like danglers.
1515767452-48961500.png
@Pearl Yes, some ppl do strongly appreciate nice studding but in a minimalist way, right?