Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo FYI....another thread I started...
Oh Lord help me! This is another thing I don't favor, but there's liberty in Christ. In the years of my pilgrimage, ear rings were for women, pirates, and men of dubious sexual orientation, but piercings are a cultural thing that varies around the globe. Frequently they're associated with pagan religious practice, especially in India where they celebrate a festival with all sorts of piercings.

So much of life is concerned with vanity.
As a child, my family sometimes visited my great uncle Gusty Rura. He had a dairy farm not far from my mother's parents in Pennsylvania. On that farm he had a bull with a brass ring through its nose. Do you know how you bring such a powerful animal to its knees?
You grab that ring and give it a twist.
As I learned that there were times that I had to defend myself, it seemed best to me to keep metal objects out of my flesh, especially where they could be grabbed, twisted or torn.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Absolutely!
@Heart2Soul It can usually be done safely anyway, avoiding problems.

If young ppl are still at high school, so that the ear piercings can heal before sporting activities in the fall, it's best done at the beginning of the vacations, isn't it?

Young women are probably accustomed to the idea of taking care of their ear piercings, although when young men do it some of them need to remember to be careful. (Often the young women have 2 or 3 pairs of holes done eventually; but young men can have a manly look with a pair of rugged studs being put in.)

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm! I didn’t have my ears pierced till I was 11 - it was a big battle to be allowed to have it done. I remember it clearly…a back room in a hairdressers - I passed out afterwards lol!!

If I was to vote now I’d say 16-18 and only 1 pair. I’m personally not keen on men having piercings. I no longer wear earrings myself.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Goldie75 Sounds like you may have been through it all with daughter/son over the years... :)
3 daughters!! One of which has more piercings than I would like…am hoping it is a phase! Fortunately no tattoos though with any of them (not that I know about anyway!).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
3 daughters!! One of which has more piercings than I would like…am hoping it is a phase! Fortunately no tattoos though with any of them (not that I know about anyway!).
@Goldie75 Well....don't forget that doubles, etc. have been widely put in since the late 1970s when teen girls (and sometimes their moms...) would do it; now, some generations later, it's a fact that a number of generations of women of all ages have done doubles/triples, etc.

(2c...)

Re. the tattoo comment; I've reserve that to another thread...

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Goldie75 Well....don't forget that doubles, etc. have been widely put in since the late 1970s when teen girls (and sometimes their moms...) would do it; now, some generations later, it's a fact that a number of generations of women of all ages have done doubles/triples, etc.

(2c...)

Re. the tattoo comment; I've reserve that to another thread...

One could say society generally has gone downhill somewhat since the 70’s!!

Btw, I’m not judgmental over piercings and tattoos - they’re just not my personal preference. Some super duper Christians have both.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy This thread seems to have been quite busy lately...FYI.
Title of Thread:
Age of first ear piercings.

You know me by now farouk, I always take a path less travelled.. lol

Pro 12:18 There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.

another version NLT:
Some people make cutting remarks,
but the words of the wise bring healing.

Age of first ear piercings... cutting remarks.. sarcasm?
How old were you when you first understood sarcasm?
How old were you when you were first offended by someone's words?

That question is a lot harder to answer than getting your ears physically pierced.
Isn't it?

food for thought
:D
Hugs

Reactions: Goldie75 and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Title of Thread:
Age of first ear piercings.

You know me by now farouk, I always take a path less travelled.. lol

Pro 12:18 There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.

another version NLT:
Some people make cutting remarks,
but the words of the wise bring healing.

Age of first ear piercings... cutting remarks.. sarcasm?
How old were you when you first understood sarcasm?
How old were you when you were first offended by someone's words?

That question is a lot harder to answer than getting your ears physically pierced.
Isn't it?

food for thought
:D
Hugs
@Ziggy Some good thoughts there indeed.

From the verse quoted, more important for young women - and young men, who do it, too - to learn how to speak wisely than to have pairs of studdings - sometimes multiples - in their earlobes.

(Good post there...:) )

Reactions: Goldie75

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure, I do not see a problem with it. It would be the wisest thing to let someone who is a profession in that field to do that for them.
@MatthewG I agree. Guys should have no problem with having a rugged look with both ears studded, right? if this is their preference.

Like you say, going to someplace where ears piercing is done properly can be preferable also.